The Political Lounge

AMPU Fundraising Rewards

vcczar

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @jvikings1 @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mark_W @mark2 @MrPotatoTed @NYRepublican @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl

I need to brainstorm some fundraising rewards that won't be too much of a hassle and won't cut too much into the donations for each of these levels. Please copy+paste the donation levels tomorrow and offer what you'd expect to donate at any of these levels. 

What sort of kickstarter reward would you expect from the company (really me) that creates AMPU, if you donate at the following brackets?

Donate $1

Donate $25

Donate $50

Donate $100

Donate $200

Donate $500

Donate $1,000

Donate $10,000

$1: “Thanks!”

$25 free digital copy of the game when it comes out, regular updates via email

$50 everything before and early access to beta version of the game

$100 everything before and add five first and last names for the name generator (used to generate additional politicians in later/future eras).  Names must be approved by game designer.

$200 everything before and add five random events to the game.  Must be approved by game designer.

$500 co-producer credit, game rules will be shared with you and you can provide input in the games development (you don’t have to follow their input of course)

$1000 You’re in the game!  A politician with your name, birth year, and state will be added to the game.  You could end up becoming President!

$10,000  A significant % of the profit from game sales. Ha.  I mean, if you’re financing half the game, you’re an actual investor at that point.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

200 everything before and add five random events to the game.  Must be approved by game designer.

I’m concerned about the inflation of random events that could come of this. But maybe it wouldn’t be that donated anyway?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

$1: “Thanks!”

$25 free digital copy of the game when it comes out, regular updates via email

$50 everything before and early access to beta version of the game

$100 everything before and add five first and last names for the name generator (used to generate additional politicians in later/future eras).  Names must be approved by game designer.

$200 everything before and add five random events to the game.  Must be approved by game designer.

$500 co-producer credit, game rules will be shared with you and you can provide input in the games development (you don’t have to follow their input of course)

$1000 You’re in the game!  A politician with your name, birth year, and state will be added to the game.  You could end up becoming President!

$10,000  A significant % of the profit from game sales. Ha.  I mean, if you’re financing half the game, you’re an actual investor at that point.

Maybe at co-producer level, you get some acknowledgement in the credits or something too

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

My first draft for a proposed kickstarter. It's subject to change and will most definitely change. Probably too many tiers: @MrPotatoTed @Cal @ConservativeElector2 @Hestia @jvikings1 @DakotaHale @WVProgressive etc

Section 1: Gameplay

• Summarize the key purpose of and general gameplay. 

• Describe factions

• Describe historical eras

• Several Images/gifs/videos of game play, factions, historical eras.

Section 2: Game Phases

• Descriptions of the key phases of the game 

• Several images, gifs, videos of game phases

Section 3: Historical Politicians

• Examples of politicians

• Player draft

• Images, gifs, videos of game phases. 

Amazing so far. However, I'd come up with section 3 first. Portraits of well-known politicians would most likely trigger people to stop by. I'd choose Washington, Lincoln and some others deemed noteworthy. People should generally feel good about. If more contemporary ones are to be included maybe Eisenhower, Kennedy, Obama, Trump, Sanders and Yang (Yang Gang!) could generate the most traffic I guess..

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

I will buy at least US Senator tier. Looks good. Might want to look into the % of profit thing though. I’m sure it’s legal and everything but it might violate Kickstarters terms of service. 

Ok thanks. Might just take it out then. 

• Like 1

Just a heads up, I don't see any difference between:

• $100-249 [US Senator]

• Free updates about the game. 

• A free copy of the game on release

• Name in the credits.

• Early access to Beta version of the game.

• $249-499 [Governor]

• Name in the credits.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Just a heads up, I don't see any difference between:

• $100-249 [US Senator]

• Name in the credits.

• $249-499 [Governor]

• Name in the credits.

K I fixed this on the master Kickstarter doc. Thanks.

• Like 1