The Political Lounge

AMPU title subtitle

vcczar

AMPU subtitle  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a subtitle to A More Perfect Union?

2. 2. Which of the following subtitles would you approve of? Better yet, which would excite you?

• A More Perfect Union: The Game of Faction, Party, and Politics from Revolution to the Future.
    • A More Perfect Union: A Game of Politics, 1772-Present
    • A More Perfect Union: The US Political Historical Simulator
    • A More Perfect Union: The Game of American Political History
    • A More Perfect Union (no subtitle)
    • Project America (which was the codename for this game when I felt uncomfortable sharing the name of the game publicly)
    • Other (mention below)

I like the idea of a subtitle.  If I haven’t heard of the game, I don’t know what “a more perfect union” means.  

Is it a civil war game?  An acquisitions and mergers business game?  A relationship counseling simulator?  ;c)

Of the options you’ve offered here, I like the one that tells me exactly what the game is and what makes it unique.  It’s an American politics simulator, 1770s to present.

• Like 1

I don't agree with the idea that it's a simulator. To me, it means that you're just running through history and watching. It's not a simulator, it's a game. I think that could turn some people off. I'm not super warm about any of the subtitles. My vote would be no subtitles if it was those versus having none. I'm not sure we need a subtitle or if it is best to just have "A More Perfect Union" followed by a description. Most people read short, paragraph or less descriptions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I like it. 

Options 2 and 4 seem the best for me personally. You don't want the title to be to revealing or long, if that makes sense. The first title is too long. 

If I was in a more creative mood I'd come up with something catchy, and an attention giver.

Hmmm...

maybe,

A More Perfect Union: The Genesis and Unfolding of American Politics.

😄 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Sounds like a great book title though. 

Yeah like I said, it's still morning, haven't had lunch yet, not feeling too creative. 😛 

It does sound like a book though...

Just now, vcczar said:

I'd read that book!

I am now copywriting this title as a part of a new book I intend to profit off of all Americans on when I run for office.

If you use this title legal action will be pursued!!! 😛 

• Based 1

32 minutes ago, Hestia said:

I don't agree with the idea that it's a simulator. To me, it means that you're just running through history and watching. It's not a simulator, it's a game. I think that could turn some people off. I'm not super warm about any of the subtitles. My vote would be no subtitles if it was those versus having none. I'm not sure we need a subtitle or if it is best to just have "A More Perfect Union" followed by a description. Most people read short, paragraph or less descriptions. 

Just different definitions of simulator.  I mean in the sense of "SimCity" or "The Sims" -- open ended games where you can play your way instead of linear objective-to-objective gameplay.  In that sense, games like Crusader Kings or Stellaris are simulators too, though some might call them strategy games instead.

3 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

I like project America because it makes it sound statistical and data driven which is probably the niche this game appeals to most besides history nerds and map simulator game fans. 

Actually, Project America might grab my attention more than A More Perfect Union would (which in my head feels like a Civil War battleground game).  Maybe "Project America: A More Perfect Union"?

And then AMPU 2 will be "Project America: Make Unions Perfecter Again"

;c)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Based 1

7 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Actually, Project America might grab my attention more than A More Perfect Union would (which in my head feels like a Civil War battleground game).  Maybe "Project America: A More Perfect Union"?

And then AMPU 2 will be "Project America: Make Unions Perfecter Again"

;c)

I love that tbh. Project America: A More Perfect Union

• Like 2
  • Based 1

9 minutes ago, Hestia said:

I love that tbh. Project America: A More Perfect Union

Yessss I like this. It sounds very... expansive. 

*waves hand as if pointing to a horizon*

Project America...

A More Perfect Union.

Based.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

49 minutes ago, Cal said:

I still prefer A More Perfect Union over Project America. Project America just sounds a little childish/amateur for the actual scope of the game. 

I agree with you. I veto the combination of the two. The subtitle should let the players know what the game is about, unless it's a sequel. 

• A More Perfect Union: The Game of Faction, Party, and Politics from Revolution to the Future.
    Too lengthy

• A More Perfect Union: A Game of Politics, 1772-Present
    3rd best title

• A More Perfect Union: The US Political Historical Simulator
    By far the best title, because it explains what's in it.
  • A More Perfect Union: The Game of American Political History
    2nd best title

• A More Perfect Union (no subtitle)
    No subtitle is bad imo

• Project America (which was the codename for this game when I felt uncomfortable sharing the name of the game publicly) Nice but not really a description
  • Thanks 1

A More Perfect Union: The US Political Historical Simulator

A More Perfect Union: The Game of American Political History

These ones stuck out the me the most. I would maybe reword the first one a bit as it doesn't really flow, but it has potential. The second is better structured right now but I like the simulator part of the title from the first.

Maybe:   A More Perfect Union: The American Political History Simulator

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

President And Senator And Representative And Governor And Supreme Court Justice And General And Cabinet Member And Kingmaker And Admiral Forever/Infinity 2022.  

;c)

President And Senator And Representative And Governor And Supreme Court Justice And General And Cabinet Member And Kingmaker And Admiral And Private Sector And Military Sector And State Executive Sector And State Legislative Sector And State Judicial Sector And Backroom Politics Sector Forever/Infinity 1788-2099.  

FTFY

• Haha 3
  • Disagree 1