The Political Lounge

Who would you vote in Wyoming 2022 House of Representatives Republican Primary election?

Timur

Who would you vote for if you were to vote?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Wyoming

• Liz Cheney
    • Any of her opponents (please specify)
    • No, I won't ever vote for either.
    • Other

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

What exactly, "disgrace," do you see, here, out of curiosity? I meaning, being born into the dark, forboding demesne of Count Darth Richard of Dracul-Batthory, Dark Lord of the Sith, would have a damper on anyone from the start, but, unless there's more that I, myself, am unaware of (which isn't as extensive as others on this forum), she just called out Donald Trump and his inner circle sharply from within the party caucus, from my knowledge.

I don't care a whole lot about the Trump stuff because there are other bigger things she supports. Cheney is a big fan of the surveillance state and has repeatedly voted to reauthorize mass surveillance programs. She loves to wage war overseas (voted against repealing the authorization to use force in Iraq, helped lead opposition when Trump attempted to start a withdrawal from Afghanistan).

I also have an issue with her tendency to vote for massive amounts of deficit spending (and therefore debt).

• Like 1

On behalf of the forum I'd like to congratulate Jvikings and his award for the most disagreed post. 

Somebody get this man a medal!

Wait... he already got it. 

• Agree 1
  • Based 1

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

See the source image

I just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ love Rick and Morty, in the way that I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ love science. It’s so random and cool – it’s like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn’t understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I’m so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it’d be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It’d be so awesome I’d turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school – we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don’t talk to each other but there’s a cute girl there I’m gonna try and ask out. I’m a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I’ve got a good chance with her. I’ve already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven’t got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favourite character is Rick because his style of humour perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him “When does the narwhal bacon?”, he’d know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can’t be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that’s right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn’t? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I’d be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Speaking of getting kicked out...

Well, it seems that Paul Gosar is probably going to be censured and removed from all the House committees.

• Based 2

I think Liz Cheney could possibly run as an Independent. The Democrats should also back her as well. You know, like one of those Greg Orman-type candidates.

Edited by Timur

59 minutes ago, Patine said:

I disagree. I think everyone should leave the Bushists' grip on power in the United States, and their illegal wars, treason, contempt for the U.S. Constitution, campaigns of lies, and - I can't emphasize the word enough, because I'm appalled it doesn't shock or disgust enough people sufficiently - TORTURE, to the dustbin of history. In fact, some well-deserved tribunals to bring belated be nice, too. But no one with a soul should endorse a remnant Bushist for office...

Disagree except for the Torture part.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm just wondering how you (or any other person of any moral fibre and respect for law, justice, and limits on government) finds these aspects of the Bush Administration acceptable, tolerable, forgivable, and even, at times, laudable or praiseworthy.

I don't think the War in Afghanistan was illegal - in fact, Congress was almost universally supportive of that. Nor was that war based on lies (unless you want to believe that Bin Laden didn't do 9/11). The War in Iraq, I'm not sure, though at the present, I tilt no.