The Political Lounge

AMPU Playtester Feedback

vcczar

My idea. "Have you ever wanted to rewrite America's political history? Have you ever wanted to see to what position your favorite politicians whether it be, Bernie Sanders, Andrew Yang or Donald Trump, could be elected to or appointed? Based on accurate data they are all waiting for you in this game. Elect the first woman to become President with an all female cabinet, appoint your own Supreme Court to revisit America's most important decisions, give minorities the right to vote already in the 18th century or fight the Civil War at the political stage. But remember: Actions have consequences for Democrats and Republicans alike. With Midterms looming every two years, Presidential Elections every four years and a ton of Gubernatorial and Senatorial elections you should always have your voter's (or influential lobby's) interests first in mind. It's now your turn to lead America."

Edited by ConservativeElector2
  • Thanks 1

"Are you a political aficionado? Just a casual watcher of politics? A history buff? Someone who wants to learn? Then this is a good game for you. The game goes from the era of independence all the way to the modern era, letting you guide historic politicians like George Washington, Abe Lincoln, and FDR, as well as ones like Elizabeth Warren, Donald Trump, and Barack Obama. But presidential politics aren't all that matters - react in real time to historical events and guide legislators, governors, and Supreme Court justices along the track of history as well. The most engaging and ambitious political game that I have ever seen comes to life in every stage within. But one thing is more important than all - can you build a More Perfect Union?" 

• Thanks 1

"What if,what if,what if...

This is a question we all ask ourselves time after time be it about our personal events or historical events.With AMPU now you can explore all the What ifs of US history.

What if Benedict Arnold was our first President?

What if women had the right to vote from beginning or never got one?

What if civil war never happened or CSA won ?

What if great depression never happened,or WW1 or WW2 or if we lost it?

What if FDR didn't die in 1945?Or if JFK survived assassination?

What if Cold War escalated in WW3 or never happened?

What if 9/11 never Happened ?

What if Gore won?Or McCain?Or Hillary?Or Bernie?

What if Covid never happened or was managed differently?

In AMPU you will be able to experience these scenario's and much more while controlling faction of US political leaders throughout different eras and guide their careers to path you choose...

What if,what if,what if...

Edited by Rodja
  • Thanks 1
  • Based 1

Do you have an interest in American politics? If so, A More Perfect Union could be the perfect game for you! And even if you don't, this game still goes out to all lovers of strategy games out there! You're able to take over control of a faction of politicians at any point in American history between the years of 1788 and 2020, which is when it becomes your opportunity to change the course of American history! It's your job to oversee the prosperity, or failure, of this great nation no matter what those phrases mean to you. A More Perfect Union would enter the market as the most comprehensive political simulator, ranging from the Presidency to The Senate to The House to Governorships to The Supreme Court to The Military! No matter what part of the political system you want to focus on, you are fully able. Now, it's your job. Time to change America.

• Thanks 1

For years, I have been looking for a political simulator that would allow me to help dictate how the United States was formed, and now we have one. For those who enjoy studying American history, politics, and/or government, this is the game for you. A More Perfect Union allows players to change to course of history by selecting which path you think the US should have taken. The possibilities are endless, but you must also deal with an opposing party and even opposing factions within your own party to reach your goals.

• Thanks 1

The ultimate resolution to any Thanksgiving argument on politics!

Rewrite American History from the beginning! Think your preferred candidate could have done a better job than what really happened? Find out as you attempt to lead your faction of young, scrappy politicians-to-be to a well-earned place in a worn-out high school history book!

AMPU is finally here to allow you to put your political chops to the test as you attempt to form... A More Perfect Union.

• Thanks 1

"A game for history and political buffs alike- A game to help educate at a time where it is most needed. From the founding of our country to the future, If you where the leader of a group of politicians in different times of history what would you do? What bill would you advocate for? What would you do as President? What politicians will you run for different elections? AMPU will help you imagine, and actually do those things- From start to finish, Can you form The More Perfect Union?" 

Edited by themiddlepolitical

President Alexander Hamilton. 

Secretary of State Donald Trump. 

Senate Majority Leader Noam Chomsky. 

Commanding General and Hero of World War II Edmund Muskie. 

Chief Justice Ted Cruz. 

These are some of the possibilities that draw me to A More Perfect Union. I've looked for a game to fill the desire to rewrite American history for years, and this is looking to be the best on the market. There are thousands of politicians to develop into major figures in a new history, and you can strategize to create the nation as you think it should be. It won't be easy, though. Different ideological factions vie for control, and teammates within your own party will have their own agenda. If you want progressives to dominate, you'll have to make concessions to, say, the southern wing of your party... or you won't make any progress at all! 

You can take any politician and turn them into a political superstar with some luck, skill, and good timing. You can ensure the early downfall of your most hated historical figures, and your hometown hero from over a century ago can become one of America's greatest characters. There's no limit to what you can and can't do in AMPU. Who will you bring to fortune and fame?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Sorry, been traveling for Thanksgiving. Will do.

Thanks. No worries if you are busy, but if I can send Anthony the blurbs tonight it would be great, considering we are launching the KS on Dec 1st (Wed). That would give us time to figure out if we should include all the blurbs, parts of blurbs, etc. 

"My favorite part of the game is that moment when it seems like you've achieved your goals -- only for it to backfire in your face.  In one playthrough, I controlled President George W Bush's faction.  I had a lot of fun seeing how much power I could seize.  I managed to get confirmation for Karl Rove as Secretary of Transportation and brother Jeb Bush as Secretary of Energy, all while maneuvering Rudy Giuliani into becoming Speaker of the House.  I played the Republicans and Democrats against each other, getting the Democrat factions to agree to give me the line item veto so I could save our country from the most extreme Republican proposals of my own party -- but then used the threat that I would use the line item veto against the Democrats until they agreed to remove the 22nd Amendment.  I thought this was my crowning victory, ensuring George W Bush would be the all powerful President for life...but instead public outrage at my actions led to the election of Joe Biden as President, defeating my attempt at a third term.  And just like that, I realized I'd accidentally created a Presidency so powerful it could not be stopped...and then handed the keys to my enemy.  Whoops!

In other playthroughs, I've seen Benedict Arnold outmaneuver George Washington to become the hero of the American Revolution and our first President, I've seen Benjamin Franklin break free and establish his own country in the unsettled land along the Mississippi river, I've successfully launched a military coup and seized the Federal Government in a violent uprising, I've even seen America invade the shores of England (though they were ultimately defeated).  I love watching the rise and fall of so many real life Americans, many of whom never made it into the history books, each conspiring with and against each other.  With hundreds of politicians active at any given time, with random events, unexpected resignations, even less expected deaths...with enemies amassing overseas and along our borders...all while trying to prevent America falling to economic collapse, foreign invasion, civil war, global climate catastrophe...and somehow win the next election while fighting your fellow party members just as hard as you fight those across the aisle...every single playthrough is wildly different than the one that came before.  This is the ultimate "What If" simulator, for American History aficionados and political novices alike!"

• Like 2
  • Based 2

Just now, MrPotatoTed said:

"My favorite part of the game is that moment when it seems like you've achieved your goals -- only for it to backfire in your face.  In one playthrough, I controlled President George W Bush's faction.  I had a lot of fun seeing how much power I could seize.  I managed to get confirmation for Karl Rove as Secretary of Transportation and brother Jeb Bush as Secretary of Energy, all while maneuvering Rudy Giuliani into becoming Speaker of the House.  I played the Republicans and Democrats against each other, getting the Democrat factions to agree to give me the line item veto so I could save our country from the most extreme Republican proposals of my own party -- but then used the threat that I would use the line item veto against the Democrats until they agreed to remove the 22nd Amendment.  I thought this was my crowning victory, ensuring George W Bush would be the all powerful President for life...but instead public outrage at my actions led to the election of Joe Biden as President, defeating my attempt at a third term.  And just like that, I realized I'd accidentally created a Presidency so powerful it could not be stopped...and then handed the keys to my enemy.  Whoops!

In other playthroughs, I've seen Benedict Arnold outmaneuver George Washington to become the hero of the American Revolution and our first President, I've seen Benjamin Franklin break free and establish his own country in the unsettled land along the Mississippi river, I've successfully launched a military coup and seized the Federal Government in a violent uprising, I've even seen America invade the shores of England (though they were ultimately defeated).  I love watching the rise and fall of so many real life Americans, many of whom never made it into the history books, each conspiring with and against each other.  With hundreds of politicians active at any given time, with random events, unexpected resignations, even less expected deaths...with enemies amassing overseas and along our borders...all while trying to prevent America falling to economic collapse, foreign invasion, civil war, global climate catastrophe...and somehow win the next election while fighting your fellow party members just as hard as you fight those across the aisle...every single playthrough is wildly different than the one that came before.  This is the ultimate "What If" simulator, for American History aficionados and political novices alike!"

This is exactly what we needed, Bravo! 

• Like 1