The Political Lounge

AMPU Playtester Feedback

vcczar

12 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

"My favorite part of the game is that moment when it seems like you've achieved your goals -- only for it to backfire in your face.  In one playthrough, I controlled President George W Bush's faction.  I had a lot of fun seeing how much power I could seize.  I managed to get confirmation for Karl Rove as Secretary of Transportation and brother Jeb Bush as Secretary of Energy, all while maneuvering Rudy Giuliani into becoming Speaker of the House.  I played the Republicans and Democrats against each other, getting the Democrat factions to agree to give me the line item veto so I could save our country from the most extreme Republican proposals of my own party -- but then used the threat that I would use the line item veto against the Democrats until they agreed to remove the 22nd Amendment.  I thought this was my crowning victory, ensuring George W Bush would be the all powerful President for life...but instead public outrage at my actions led to the election of Joe Biden as President, defeating my attempt at a third term.  And just like that, I realized I'd accidentally created a Presidency so powerful it could not be stopped...and then handed the keys to my enemy.  Whoops!

In other playthroughs, I've seen Benedict Arnold outmaneuver George Washington to become the hero of the American Revolution and our first President, I've seen Benjamin Franklin break free and establish his own country in the unsettled land along the Mississippi river, I've successfully launched a military coup and seized the Federal Government in a violent uprising, I've even seen America invade the shores of England (though they were ultimately defeated).  I love watching the rise and fall of so many real life Americans, many of whom never made it into the history books, each conspiring with and against each other.  With hundreds of politicians active at any given time, with random events, unexpected resignations, even less expected deaths...with enemies amassing overseas and along our borders...all while trying to prevent America falling to economic collapse, foreign invasion, civil war, global climate catastrophe...and somehow win the next election while fighting your fellow party members just as hard as you fight those across the aisle...every single playthrough is wildly different than the one that came before.  This is the ultimate "What If" simulator, for American History aficionados and political novices alike!"

Thanks!

• Like 1