• Marjorie Taylor Greene
    • Nikki Haley
    • Mike Pence
    • Chris Sununu
    • Donald Trump Jr.
    • Glenn Youngkin
    • None of the Above/Other

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

All of the first four options is the Rematch of the Dotards, with a bonus, spoiler contender. Can't you, and, @vcczar, as well, in several of his polls, be a little more optimistic, or at least holding out some hope beyond hope, that the grim, bleak scenario - the Sum of all Disappointments - that it'll be between the same two fossils who should not be in politics and are definitely not what the United States needs, might, just might, not reprise itself?

Patine telling others to be a little more optimistic? 😛 

That's a first! 😛 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pringles said:

I'd vote for Dwayne only as a meme vote because this man opened one of my snapchats several months ago. It was based. 😛 

Not sure how he would govern, besides that he'd make an awesome candidate for sure.

Youngkin's obviously the best and only really exciting choice from the list.

• Based 1

18 minutes ago, Kitten said:

Did you ask him to take you on his next North Korean trip? That sounds like a fun adventure 😛

We spoke briefly about his basketball career, his hair, and then about racism, specifically on who the CEO of racism was. (Not kidding).

He left me on read when I asked if he was voting for Trump in 2020. This was in 2019. 

• Based 3

That was back in 2019 when he was still new to Instagram (and. Typed. Every. Sentence. Like. This. For. Some. Reason.) so he was easier to reach back then. I sent him another message a year after hoping I’d be in a special place in his inbox since we had previous message history (idk how inboxes work for ppl with a million followers who get messages every minute) and I’d be bumped to the top. 

2 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

That was back in 2019 when he was still new to Instagram (and. Typed. Every. Sentence. Like. This. For. Some. Reason.) so he was easier to reach back then. I sent him another message a year after hoping I’d be in a special place in his inbox since we had previous message history (idk how inboxes work for ppl with a million followers who get messages every minute) and I’d be bumped to the top. 

Just peeped his account and it seems he’s typing like that again. But I remember he stopped doing it for a while. 

17 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

We spoke briefly about his basketball career, his hair, and then about racism, specifically on who the CEO of racism was. (Not kidding).

He left me on read when I asked if he was voting for Trump in 2020. This was in 2019. 

Daaang that's so cool!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, apparently Manny Paquaio(sp) is running for President in the next Philippine election. The PL has already nominated him there. It's just a shame Duterte says he's not running again, so Paquaio can't have a go at him in a campaign - but can at least pound his legacy against the second Presidential nominee in Duterte's party (as it IS carrying on as more than just an electoral vehicle for him, apparently).

Except that Duterte has been pretty popular in his country...

Edited by Timur

On 11/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, Pringles said:

I'd vote for Dwayne only as a meme vote because this man opened one of my snapchats several months ago. It was based. 😛 

On 11/23/2021 at 7:27 PM, DakotaHale said:

I used to have late night Twitter conversations with Mara Wilson, the former child actress who played Matilda and the youngest child in Mrs. Doubtfire.  We mostly talked about our cats.

I also had a conversation with Jeopardy winner Ken Jennings about the sexuality of various characters in the Encyclopedia Brown children's books.  

• Based 2

6 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Just google him...

How dare you bring up the typical "Just google x." statement... do YOU REALIZE, that OTHERS do not use such spyware on our computers?!

God...

😛 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Patine said:

No, moreso because the, "just Google it," response has become a noxious, odious, anti-social, dismissive, and contemptible Internet habit that is a true social regression rather than advancement. And, also, because Google searches have become much more irritating, obnoxious, unhelpful, and, even, at times, inexplicable, than they used to.

Seems pretty intuitive to me.

image.png.7cdcfd4f1310c49efab3f374e8183f76.png

• Like 2
  • Based 1

1 minute ago, Patine said:

It probably would have hurt @ConservativeElector2 no worse to just a give a brief description instead of feeding into a bad, dismissive, anti-social Internet habit that put to question whether it was even worthwhile to name-drop the person in the first place. But, of course, in your view, I must always be the problem and everyone I'm dealing with just be hard done by and unfairly targeted by me, no matter what may be going on. This is the kind of bias that have felt (and still do) should lead you to do the honourable and noble thing and step down as moderator. One cannot be both a judge, and legal counsel to one party involved, and hold standing.

I would remind you that you are the one who, after receving no response (giving him only 2 hours), decided to reach out to him again. I believe what CE2 was intimating was that if you had such a burning interest in what or who he was talking about you would have taken the minimal effort to open a new tab, type in the name, and then glance at the pictured infobox, amounting to 8 seconds of effort in what could have otherwise been a few hours until CE2 got back on. When you demand answers from other people in such a quick succession, it comes off as dismissing the value of their time. That is, your 8 seconds are worth more than whatever it is he was doing that was keeping him off the forum and delivering you the answer you requested from him. That is all he was saying.

Now, could he have, once you got him back online, included a sentence about who that man was in addition to his reminder that the internet was at your disposal the whole time? Sure, I can agree with that. But I'd hardly call it unwarranted to be frustrated with not being willing to check something out on one's own and instead demanding another's time for it. Not everything is a grand conspiracy against you and you are not owed detailed paragraphs in every exchange. Sometimes we just have to google things to find out ourselves.

I think that's a pretty fair account of what has occured and I imagine the community backs me up on that. Feel free to correct me if you wish @ConservativeElector2

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

Perhaps you should apply for the advertising or PR department of either of them. 😛

I've been told I could do commercials by coworkers but I'm not an ad man. Probably more for @MrPotatoTed hah. 

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

@SilentLiberty Though, to be honest, I will admit I could have just done a quick search, and on the topic in question, obviously would have gotten a prompt answer. But, on other topics, I have gotten bizarre search results, or multiple results for just a name which, if I lack a lot of context, leads me to be uncertain, and things, "clogging up search space," that aren't relevant to what I'm looking for. And the, "just Google it," blow off bothers and annoys me on principle. It is one of many bad habits of Internet interactions.

I get what you're getting at with the principle of it, but some times it's just a quick fix. Sometimes it's a rabbit hole that makes no sense but it all depends on the context.

• Thanks 1