The Political Lounge

Florida

Timur

Florida  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Florida the craziest state in the US?

2. 2. Do you believe in the existence of Florida Man

I can't take this quiz either. I don't even know what "Florida Man" is and I live in the US. As far as craziest state? I haven't been there, but it is a candidate for wildest state. I'd argue the "crazy" states are--in no particular order--: CA, NV, UT, TX, LA, and FL. All of them have a different kind of wildness in people, culture, topography, etc. I think every state can arguably be "crazy," but these states stand out to me the most.

30 minutes ago, Patine said:

I don't really and honestly think U.S. residency has anything to do with whether or not knows about this kind of crap. Frankly, in a broader sense, I REALLY think you have to disabuse of the, ultimately, false notion that most of the world are as ignorant of, uneducated about, and unable to appreciate and understand American society, culture, and politics as most Americans are of the outside. It's just not true. The United States has an immensely more powerful, "broadcast signal," if you will, globally, than any other nation, by far, You're remotely far from a Terra Incognito. You really need to shed this false presumption, because you've started using it to unfairly and imperiously scold me and several others. I say this with the intent to improve your presentation and relatability - not out of vindication - but I say it nonetheless. And since a whimsical and highly limited thread like this is not likely to go very far, it's one of the lesser likely victims of egregious threadjacking.

I don't know what you are talking about. I'm saying, basically, that by living in America, I'm surprised I've never heard of Florida Man. You'd expect it would appear somewhere on my newsfeed or TV or etc. 

I only read your first sentence because it starts sounding like a ranting tangent after a few words. Don't forget to be more jolly and optimistic. Don't forget to take that poll I've been waiting for you to take. 

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

I can't take this quiz either. I don't even know what "Florida Man" is and I live in the US. As far as craziest state? I haven't been there, but it is a candidate for wildest state. I'd argue the "crazy" states are--in no particular order--: CA, NV, UT, TX, LA, and FL. All of them have a different kind of wildness in people, culture, topography, etc. I think every state can arguably be "crazy," but these states stand out to me the most.

I guess Florida has public arrest records or something so you’ll see a bunch of crazy headlines that usually start with “Florida man does *crazy thing* and gets arrested*

It’s kind of become an inside joke that these “Florida Man” articles are all the same person or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Based 1

31 minutes ago, Patine said:

Don't deign to narrate for me or my intentions, especially given your bad track record at accuracy there, and your own vocal complaints about others' derisive commentary about your own statements. Glass houses and throwing stones and all...

I don’t deign, I do.

You were incredibly rude to vcczar and went off on a totally unrelated and churlish tangent. Please shed this aura of superiority you have when interacting with the world and you’ll find the world a lot more willing to meet you where you are.

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

You obviously don't know me as well as you think

I think the issue here is you not knowing how you come off as well as you think you do. I don’t think there is a single poster here you haven’t belittled or berated at least once for crossing your mercurial temper.

18 minutes ago, Patine said:

you're insultingly wrong, have no idea what the situation is, and are obviously attention-seeking, so please butt out!

Lol