The Political Lounge

AMPU Kickstarter feedback

vcczar

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I sent a link to preview the kickstart in the group message. Please offer any suggestions that might excite donors and/or potential buyers. 

@MrPotatoTed @ConservativeElector2 @Cal @Rodja @Rezi @jvikings1 @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @DakotaHale @themiddlepolitical @Hestia and anyone else I sent the link to.

Did I miss the message? I'm not seeing it

I have given it quick review. I don't know what more to ask for actually.

^Maybe an Instagram account would make things looking even better. It seems to have overtaken Facebook in popularity. I also offer to administrate such an account, if it helps actually.

^I don't think we will have stuff to put on YouTube, but if we do, I recommend such an account as well of course.

^Are you sure yet where to put the blurbs?

^I would rank this bullet point "The game includes over 7,000 historical politicians, all with their own ideologies, abilities, expertise, interests, and personality traits! "

higher (maybe 3rd or 4th). Reading this would be one of the main arguments for me to buy the game. Guess this is the same with other history and/or politics buffs.

May provide more feedback, but this are my early ideas.

Edited by ConservativeElector2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

^Maybe an Instagram account would make things looking even better. It seems to have overtaken Facebook in popularity. I also offer to administrate such an account, if it helps actually.

@vcczarI am also ready to volunteer to manage one of AMPU social media pages be it on FB,IG or TW if you need me to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

I have given it quick review. I don't know what more to ask for actually.

^I don't think we will have stuff to put on YouTube, but if we do, I recommend such an account as well of course.

^Are you sure yet where to put the blurbs?

^I would rank this bullet point "The game includes over 7,000 historical politicians, all with their own ideologies, abilities, expertise, interests, and personality traits! "

higher (maybe 3rd or 4th). Reading this would be one of the main arguments for me to buy the game. Guess this is the same with other history and/or politics buffs.

May provide more feedback, but this are my early ideas.

I agree with upping the line of all the politicians- This is probably one of the biggest selling points. Also I would maybe add examples of the what if politicians below it

• Thanks 1

Also you know what I just realized.

Remember years and years ago Anthony had that idea for a historical politician game that he ended up not making and all of the support get got on it on the blog?

This is that and so much more- But the fact is I think things are looking up because of Anthony's reach with his game..I think 20k is very very likely. Hopefully we get 30k! Player editor would be incredible. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

I agree with upping the line of all the politicians- This is probably one of the biggest selling points. Also I would maybe add examples of the what if politicians below it

Yeah, it also shows the commitment needed to successfully bringing such a project to live. This will inspire people to believe it's really what it's said to be. No one who has "just some idea" will put in 7000+ historical people.

• Like 3

Do you think it would make a difference to potential donors to say that I've been working on this for about 3 years? 

Also, I'm wondering if it matters why I made the game. "This is the game I always wanted. It didn't exist, so I made it myself." 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Do you think it would make a difference to potential donors to say that I've been working on this for about 3 years? 

Also, I'm wondering if it matters why I made the game. "This is the game I always wanted. It didn't exist, so I made it myself." 

(1)Yes, Very much so. 

(2) Yes 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

I definitely think both of those are important.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Besides the feedback I have mentioned in the message thread, I also suggest to link to Anthony's company/games. Mentioning them is nice, but linking would provide a greater incentive for people to check whether these claims are actually true. 

Ok, I added a link to his company's website as you suggested. 

I've also improved the stretch goals as @Cal suggested.