The Political Lounge

AMPU Questions from Apps

Hestia

I figured we may need something like this, so feel free to change this to how you want it @vcczar. I figured it would be a quick way for communication on it.

We've had a question:

How will election mechanics work? Would you say it's closer to President Infinity (more complex) or just questions like the Campaign Trail? 

I thought it is more complex but it's not exactly President Infinity either. You don't really campaign much. 

20 minutes ago, Hestia said:

I figured we may need something like this, so feel free to change this to how you want it @vcczar. I figured it would be a quick way for communication on it.

We've had a question:

How will election mechanics work? Would you say it's closer to President Infinity (more complex) or just questions like the Campaign Trail? 

I thought it is more complex but it's not exactly President Infinity either. You don't really campaign much. 

Yeah it’s closer to complex but less complex than PI because the elections aren’t the entire focus of the game. Rather than day to day decisions for campaign, there’s election phases that symbolize each major stage of a campaign. 

How much of the Constitution can you actually rewrite or amend though, assuming you wield enough clout to do so? I heard it is possible to remove term limits altogether and make yourself a Commander in Chief for Life, and even abolish entire branches of government such as the Supreme Court, among other things. (edited)

Whenever you got time @vcczar. I knew the answer to the first one pretty much, and I think I know this one but I'm less confident. 

17 minutes ago, Hestia said:

How much of the Constitution can you actually rewrite or amend though, assuming you wield enough clout to do so? I heard it is possible to remove term limits altogether and make yourself a Commander in Chief for Life, and even abolish entire branches of government such as the Supreme Court, among other things. (edited)

Whenever you got time @vcczar. I knew the answer to the first one pretty much, and I think I know this one but I'm less confident. 

There's a ton of amendments but also some constitutional options. 

Constitution: Abolish the States
Constitution: Article 2 Option B - Established appointed life-term President
Consitution: Article 2 Option C - Establish elected life-term President
Constitution: Slave-State Compromise Option B: All slaves count towards Electoral Vote total of states
Constitution Article 2 Option D - Maintains the President of the Congress who will be elected by the Congress to act as executive.
Constitution: Amendment Process Option C requiring unanimous approval of states
Constitution: Article 1 Option C- Establish Unicameral House (US Sen only)
Constitution: Article 1 Option D - Maintains the Continental Congress along with its rules
Create Confederation Cabinet
Establish Bank of North America as a central Bank
Constitution: Citizenship and Voting Rights for all races
Constitution: Voting Rights for women
Constitution: Ban Slavery

Constitution: Slave-State Compromise Option D - Slaves not counted towards Electoral vote total of states

Constitution: Amendment Process Option B requiring majority of states
Constitution: Article 1 Option B- Establish Unicameral House (US Rep only)
Constitution: Foreign-born citizens allowed to run for president

Constitution: Amendment Process Option A requiring 2/3 majority of states
Constitution: Article 1 Option A- Establish US Senate and US Reps
Constitution: Article 3 Option A - Establish a Federal Judicial Branch

Constitution: Article 3 Option B - Establish Ban on a Federal Supreme Court

Constitution: Amendment Process Option B requiring majority of states
Constitution: Article 1 Option B- Establish Unicameral House (US Rep only)

Constitution: Amendment Process Option A requiring 2/3 majority of states
Constitution: Article 1 Option A- Establish US Senate and US Reps
Constitution: Article 3 Option A - Establish a Federal Judicial Branch

Constitution: Article 3 Option B - Establish Ban on a Federal Supreme Court

Constitution: Article 2 Option A - Establish elected President with 4-year terms

Constitution: Slave-State Compromise Option A Slaves count partially towards Electoral Vote total of states

The above are all of the options at the Constitutional Convention (sorry for copy+pasting them...don't have time to type them out). Amendments include historical amendments as well as those that have been proposed. It's also possible to have a new Constitutional Convention. 

• Like 1