The Political Lounge

AMPU KS video Poll

vcczar

AMPU KS video poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did you read my original post first?

2. 2. What kind of video should I do?

• Show off the rules doc?
    • Show off some of the spreadsheet?
    • Generally talk about the game?
    • Other (you must mention what "other" is below)
    • Don't do a video.
  3. 3. Which of these is more true?

• A video--any video--is better to attract donors than no video at all.
    • A video will be helpful if it is high quality only.

I might make a video--although, I really don't want to because my video will likely be low quality (via my phone) in a place that isn't well lit. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to video capture a screen and my voice. I've never made a video before. Anyway, in the event that I attempt to make one, what should I make a video of?

15 hours ago, vcczar said:

I might make a video--although, I really don't want to because my video will likely be low quality (via my phone) in a place that isn't well lit. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to video capture a screen and my voice. I've never made a video before. Anyway, in the event that I attempt to make one, what should I make a video of?

Can you do it on your computer?  Most virtual call programs have an option to record yourself on your computer’s webcam.  I use Microsoft teams and have used that feature for work videos I’ve done.

24 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Can you do it on your computer?  Most virtual call programs have an option to record yourself on your computer’s webcam.  I use Microsoft teams and have used that feature for work videos I’ve done.

I’ll see if I have that. 

I think if you show the spreadsheet really show the sheer amount of events and politician's, and laws etc

Showing the spreadsheet really shows the amount of work that was put in

Edited by themiddlepolitical

20 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'll probably go to a historical site in Philadelphia and just talk about the game for a minute or two, mostly like in front of Independence Hall. 

If I may weigh in, I think doing that would be a great idea. As long as you can get a friend to record you with a high quality camera, etc. To make a video generally talking about the game.

If you want a small, niche, but relevant format to kinda follow, there's this guy I watch on Youtube. "Law by Mike." He makes learning about law fun, and does it in short/tik tok-like videos. It can get pretty funny, but something like that I think would be great. 

Here's an example. Walking around a cool historical site and talking about the games greatest features, etc. in a good tone of voice would do wonders I think! 😄