The Political Lounge

AMPU Template Email Draft

vcczar

@MrPotatoTed and anyone else interested in feedback. This is my first draft for the template email that I'll send to potential donors. I'd like to personalize the first paragraph just so it is more personal. For instance, if the professor has written a book I've read or one I want to read or whatever, I can mention it there. Anyway, this is what I got so far. Let me know if you think this would be effective:

[Insert Greeting with their name],

[Insert personalized intro paragraph about them and their organization, and transition to the game.]

A More Perfect Union is going to be a ground-breaking computer game for enthusiasts of American history and American politics. For the first time, a video game will cover the breadth of US history from Revolution to the present and beyond, allowing players to control a faction of politicians in an attempt to forge a better nation and dominate the branches of government. 

A More Perfect Union contains over 7,000 historical politicians and thousands of historical events, legislative proposals, presidential actions, Supreme Court cases, etc. Additionally, hypothetical events, proposals, amendments, etc. also exist, including a few what-if politicians (John F Kennedy Jr, PT Barnum, Susan B Anthony, W. E. B. DuBois, Tecumseh, and others). No playthrough will repeat another. 

If you wish to know more, check out our Kickstart website [insert here]. We are currently gathering funds to make this game possible. We would also appreciate it if you could share the Kickstarter with other people who are enthusiasts of US history and US politics. 

Feel free to follow us at [insert social media links] to get updates on development and playtesting.

Thanks for your time, your patience, and your own enthusiasm in US history and US politics. This game is for you!

[Insert team member names]
  • Like 4