The Political Lounge

Downing St. Christmas Party breaks UK COVID Rules

Hestia

2 hours ago, Hestia said:

In other news, Labour has now taken a 9 point lead in opinion polling by Opinium.

Meaning nothing; the only way they're assuming power at this point is if a revolution occurs - which I doubt.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

You know what it is? They just wanted us out of the way so they could go out and have fun. The only question is how in God's name did it take a whole year for this to get out!?

42 minutes ago, Patine said:

Do you really want a revolution? At least in it's insurgent and military definition, as opposed to it's social, electoral, technological, cultural, etc. definitions?

Not particularly, no. I'm just saying this will all have died down before the next general election, and the Tories will have gotten their voter base back.

13 hours ago, Patine said:

My request for you to reevaluate and expand your response by chastening to this issue is utterly ignored for almost 12 hours, eh, @Dobs? You disappoint me again. 😞

Finding a comment amusing and sharing this general amusement via laugh emoji (a feature of the website) is not the same is going out of one's way to call another poster "ridiculous, foolish, nonsensical"

I had hoped this distinction would be elementary. Please stop trying to "both sides" every issue. 

42 minutes ago, Hestia said:

Liberal Democrats take a 60% Leave seat, a Conservative seat since it was created in various forms for over a century. An absolutely devastating result for Boris Johnson and a body blow by the Lib Dems. 

It appears that seat has only been represented by 2 non-Tories EVER before now (going back to the 1800s) with the last time being a by-election in 1904.

It wouldn't be surprising to see internal power struggles starting to brew over this disastrous result.