The Political Lounge

AMPU Kickstarter is now live!!!

vcczar

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have a few people who will occasionally let me use theirs (such as my aunt, who let me do so to purchase all of Anthony's games) by me recompensing them in cash, plus the credit card fees. But only every now and then. I'd have to see.

We need to start ourselves a petition to get Patine a Debit card, that way you won't depend on others and you'll get to experience the use of your own credit/debit card 🙂

Edited by Kitten
  • Based 2

6 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I would donate if Venmo were an option, but I can’t easily use my credit card (and I’m not comfortable using my debit card online). I doubt there’s any way around that though. 

2 hours ago, Patine said:

I have a few people who will occasionally let me use theirs (such as my aunt, who let me do so to purchase all of Anthony's games) by me recompensing them in cash, plus the credit card fees. But only every now and then. I'd have to see.

Purchase a VISA giftcard. Usually those are able to be used online.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jnewt said:

Wait, it says this needs to be fully-funded by the end of the month, all-or-nothing. Is that accurate? Is that a realistic possibility?

I would say so. Another political game, one far less interesting than this one, got $100k. We're about to get $1k in less than 24 hours. We need to average just under $1k a day, and we haven't even mass advertised this yet. 

10 hours ago, jnewt said:

Wait, it says this needs to be fully-funded by the end of the month, all-or-nothing. Is that accurate? Is that a realistic possibility?

The fully-funded all-or-nothing thing is standard for Kickstarter.  That way, people don't lose money backing a project that can never be created because it didn't raise enough money to be created.  The money isn't withdrawn from your account unless enough money is raised to actually create the product.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I would say so. Another political game, one far less interesting than this one, got $100k. We're about to get $1k in less than 24 hours. We need to average just under $1k a day, and we haven't even mass advertised this yet. 

Oh alright, I was afraid you were just going to rely on word of mouth for getting donations. Like this forum’s reach wouldn’t go that far haha