20 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nickelback the worst band?

2. 2. Nickelback Likability

• I love them!
    • I like them.
    • They're alright.
    • I don't like them much.
    • I hate em.
  3. 3. Do you think people diss Nickelback too much?

4. 4. Do you miss the 2000s?

Just now, Rezi said:

I like most of their popular songs. Past that, bleh. They’re pretty generic, nothing special.

Yeah. Their top songs are good, it's mostly nostalgia that leads me to say I like them though I spose. 😛 

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Nickelback (who grew up in a town an hour out of Edmonton) tried to cash in on a musical genre that dominated the '90's (Alternative/Grunge Rock, pioneered in the Seattle Music Scene by Nirvana and such - which was, in it's heyday, the greatest and most awesome musical genre ever recorded, in my opinion), but by the time they started recording, the real core period of Alternative/Grunge Rock had passed, and their sound came across as, "factory produced," which was anathema to the hardcore fanbase. That's why they fell flat in many circles.

I don't think grunge when I listen to Nickelback. I guess I could see how they were inspired by it but only slightly and only some songs. Just me though.

I actually don't listen to much music, but I've never really liked Nickelback. I'm not sure why people like them. I'm not passionately opposed to them either though. I do miss parts of the 2000s--primarily, how coffee shops were like during that decade. They haven't been the same since about the 2000s.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Although, to be honest, Our Lady Peace, Moist, Sass Jordan, Dalbello, Paradox, Alanis Morisette, and Some Won Spit (the last not wisely known about, but I'm much more familiar, especially with their bass guitarist) are FAR superior Canadian Post-80's rock acts. I could probably think of more if given time...

I've never heard of any of these bands. 😛

I've never liked the punk rock genre as a whole though really, so that's just me.

Nirvana has one good song. Smells like teen spirit. That's it. Yeah I know, controversial take. 😛 

My favorite Canadian bands/singers are Rush, The Guess Who, Gordon Lightfoot, Bryan Adams, Drake (The Rapper) and Steppenwolf (which is sort of Canadian and American tbh.)

20 minutes ago, Patine said:

Is Seattle a Canadian city now? 😛 That's news to me! And news to an online friend of mine from there (though she, specifically, might prefer if it were).

57 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Should've clarified I was just referring to the genre of punk rock as a whole there, not Canadian bands. As I do have enough knowledge to know Nirvana is big, obviously. 😛 

21 minutes ago, Patine said:

though Bryan Adams has too much of a, "factory produced sound,"

I largely agree, I think his most famous song, "Summer of 69" is pretty good. But thats about it really.