The Political Lounge

If Biden and Trump don't run poll

vcczar

If Biden and Trump don't run poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most likely the Democratic nominee if Biden does not run for reelection and all of the following run?

• VP Kamala Harris
    • Sec Peter Buttigieg
    • Fmr 2016 nom Hillary Clinton
    • Sen Bernie Sanders
    • Sen Elizabeth Warren
    • Sen Cory Booker
    • Gov Roy Cooper
    • Sen Amy Klobuchar
    • Gov Gretchen Whitmer
    • Gov JB Pritzker
    • Gov Gavin Newsom
    • Gov Andy Beshear
    • poss Gov Stacey Abrams
    • Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  2. 2. Who is most likely the Republican nominee if Trump does not run a 3rd time and all of the following run?

• Gov Ron DeSantis
    • Fmr UN Amb Nikki Haley
    • Fmr VP Mike Pence
    • Sen Ted Cruz
    • Sen Lindsay Graham
    • Sen Josh Hawley
    • Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene
    • Fmr Gov Chris Christie
    • Fmr Gov Larry Hogan
    • Sen Tom Cotton
    • Gov Glenn Youngkin
    • Rep Liz Cheney
    • Gov Kristi Noem
    • Fmr Sec Mike Pompeo
    • Sen. Tim Scott
    • Donald Trump Jr
  3. 3. Which of your the nominees that you selected above is most likely to win in the 2024 general election?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • I honestly believe a 3rd party will form and edge out both major parties, winning 270 EVs.
  4. 4. Who would win the Democratic nomination if it came down to the following

• VP Kamala Harris
    • Sen Elizabeth Warren
  5. 5. Who would win the Republican nomination if it came down to the following

• Gov Ron DeSantis
    • Sen Ted Cruz
  6. 6. Who would win in the general election?

7. 7. Who would win in the general election?

8. 8. Who would win in the general election?

9. 9. Who would win in the general election?

10. 10. Who would win in the general election?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
  11. 11. Who would win in the general election?

12. 12. Who would win in the general election?

• Donald Trump
    • Elizabeth Warren
  13. 13. Who would win in the general election?

• Donald Trump
    • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  14. 14. Who would win in the general election?

• Josh Hawley
    • Elizabeth Warren
  15. 15. Who would win in the general election?

• Marjorie Taylor Greene
    • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  16. 16. Who is most likely going to be Trump's 2024 VP nominee if Trump wins nomination?

17. 17. Who is most likely going to be Biden's 2024 VP nominee if Biden wins nomination?

• Kamala Harris
    • Pete Buttigieg
    • Stacey Abrams
  18. 18. The primary factor for Biden's low approval is high inflation. Will inflation be better, worse, or about the same in Nov 2024?

19. 19. Which is most likely?

• GOP outperforms Democrats in Midterm 2022
    • GOP outperforms Democrats in General 2024
  20. 20. Who gives Democrats the best shot at winning in 2024?

• Biden
    • Harris
    • Buttigieg
    • Warren
    • AOC
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Newsom
  21. 21. Who gives Republicans the best shot at winning in 2024?

22. 22. How would you rank Trump's one-term presidency?

• Great (top 5)
    • Near Great (6-10)
    • Good (11-15)
    • Above Average (16-20)
    • Average (21-26)
    • Below Average (27-30)
    • Bad (31-34)
    • Near Failed (35-39)
    • Failed (40-44)
  23. 23. If Joe Biden's presidency pretty much resembles what he's done so far for the rest of his first term (or potentially only term) how would you rank him?

• Great (top 5)
    • Near Great (6-10)
    • Good (11-15)
    • Above Average (16-20)
    • Average (21-26)
    • Below Average (27-30)
    • Bad (31-34)
    • Near Failed (35-39)
    • Failed (40-44)

I really do wonder if Hillary will run again, Especially if Kamala decides not to run because of her large amount of unpopularity. 

18 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

I really do wonder if Hillary will run again, Especially if Kamala decides not to run because of her large amount of unpopularity. 

or "How dare someone more unpopular than me try to run!" - Clinton prior to announcing her candidacy. 

• Haha 1
  • Based 1

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

@ConservativeElector2 and @SilentLiberty Did you two not read my verification post to WVProgressive when he first made a, "disagree," emote, or, again, is this an attempt at humour?

I think my main reason for hitting disagree is the usage of the term 'Uncle Tom' which is a term often used to disparage Black political opponents, implying that they can't think for themselves, and that their being bossed around by White people. I'd assume that's also the reason why @ConservativeElector2 and @SilentLibertyput a disagree emote on your post.

From what I know of Tim Scott, he appears to be a Tea Party Conservative like Sarah Palin, so I'm definitely not a supporter of his, and would not vote for him in any realistic circumstance.

Just for future reference, I'm a girl, and I use she/her pronouns. It's nothing major, and I'm sure its just a minor mistake, but the fact that you used he/him to refer to me in your post caught my eye.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

You missed the point of the post, why I used strikethrough (some @Timur does for contentious posts made in such a font have been just as, "edgy,"), and I made that clear in my follow-up post to @WVProgressive. But since you've clearly shown your new modus operandi and viewpoint to these affairs in your complete melt down of all credibility last night, it's no surprise it wasn't grasped by you - or perhaps, even, deliberately not acknowledged.

No, I understand what you were going for. That does not give you carte blanche to use offensive racialized language in doing so. I'm just expressing my personal discontent with the language you chose to use as I find it unbecoming of civil discourse. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

From what I know of Tim Scott, he appears to be a Tea Party Conservative like Sarah Palin, so I'm definitely not a supporter of his, and would not vote for him in any realistic circumstance

Scott is more like Rubio (more likely to go along with the party than the Tea Party but not fully aligned with leadership either)

Edited by jvikings1

7 hours ago, Patine said:

In 2024. She'll be a definite dotard candidate, too... 😞

With the upper echelons of politics dominated by elders, but relying on instigating youth group support, and even hooliganism, American politics - in that description, alone - doesn't look that different from PRC politics... 🤨

Maoist_Red_Guards.jpg.9124c6a96ea35e3d81ed3bf092778d89.jpg

BLM_Rally_with_Biden_Supporter_Mayor.jpg.f1a57bb949937f2a70d9872d4f436499.jpg

Jan_6_Capitol_Riot_Trump_Picture.jpg.e6e36af495b523f4a0d320c9bfec531e.jpg

Your use of that word reminds me of this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/22/a-rogue-and-a-gangster-kim-jong-uns-statement-on-trump-in-full

6 hours ago, Patine said:

@WVProgressive To be fair, that's my own suspicion (that's why strikethrough was used). I, myself, have no idea what makes him popular, as I don't know much about his distinguishing policies or attituding. I was just reiterating controversial rumours, and, like @Timur does when he makes such a statement (and your rarely slap him with an automatic, 'disagree,' emote). So, that you've been informed it's the same pattern of @Timur's use of that font for posts in a similar vain, ones that you almost never put such an emote, if you could please also remove your hastily placed, 'disagree,' emote, here, too - to show a lack of double standards.

Are you referring to the Sked tweet or something else?

39 minutes ago, Patine said:

Not that one specifically, no. You've showed the trend I speak of quite often.

What rumors exactly. Examples please - I'd assume the Sked one was one of them - a mistake I made.