The Political Lounge

AMPU Another Stretch Goal Idea

vcczar

Just now, vcczar said:

@MrPotatoTed @Cal @themiddlepolitical @SilentLiberty @Hestia @Rodja @Rezi @WVProgressive @ConservativeElector2 @jvikings1 @DakotaHale and anyone else

Anthony thinks that since both Stretch Goals might be reached, he's wandering what another stretch goal could be. Any ideas for hitting $35k, $40k, or $50k?

(1) I think he needs to put the stretch goals at the top of the page, it is buried so not many people know about it.

You can make one of them adding all us reps to the game. 

2 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

(1) I think he needs to put the stretch goals at the top of the page, it is buried so not many people know about it.

You can make one of them adding all us reps to the game. 

I suggested that, but I told him that it may make the game unwieldy. That's at least 10,000 more politicians. Imagine every faction having to control like 1,000+ politicians throughout the game. By the 21st century, factions are going to be about 200 politicians strong, even without every US Rep seat open. I'm not 100% opposed to this, but I think it's going to be draining for 75-80% of purchasers of this game to manage that many guys.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I suggested that, but I told him that it may make the game unwieldy. That's at least 10,000 more politicians. Imagine every faction having to control like 1,000+ politicians throughout the game. By the 21st century, factions are going to be about 200 politicians strong, even without every US Rep seat open. I'm not 100% opposed to this, but I think it's going to be draining for 75-80% of purchasers of this game to manage that many guys.

That’s true..plus if we get to the mod tool people can just make politicians and save them to the database as a mod

How about an office editor?

Add an office name, the term length (of for life), whether they are elected federally or just on a state level or even appointed by the president/governor of a state. 

Doing it that way someone could simulate the government of his home state more in depth while being able to ignore other state governments.

I’d say more focus on territorial expansion as a stretch goal than @vcczar is currently doing. Perhaps a certain number of events/politicians. 

More starting dates that are fully fleshed out. 

More women/Native American/other ahistorical minority statesmen. 

Alternate electoral systems (Monarchy with Parliament rules, dictatorship rules, etc)

Key start dates I'd love to see at minimum (if you can't just start in any two year phase):

1772 (pre-Rev War)
1776 (Independence)
1788 (Washington's Presidency)
1840 (What if WHH lived/can you avoid civil war?)
1860 (Can you win civil war?)
1864 (What if Lincoln lived?)
1912 (Can you avoid/win WW1?)
1940 (Can you avoid/win WW2?)
1960 (What if JFK lived/can you avoid/win Vietnam?)
1980 (Can you manage Cold War without making it hot?)
2000 (Can you find a better response to 9/11?)
2020 (Future)

• Thanks 1
  • Based 1

8 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Ooh, one thing I know the game is really missing that could be a kickstarter stretchgoal, would be a Crusader Kings style relationship system.  At minimum, a relationship between factions -- but ideally, between politicians.  "Named me Secretary of State +50.  Is unlikable -100".

I like the ideal part. I’m just wondering how to manage that. The faction one might be useful for CPU interactions. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

CPU ability to engage (with other CPU or human players) in political trading.  "Back my Presidential run, I'll back your faction for House Minority Whip and nominate one of your guys the next time there's an opening in the Supreme Court."

I'll just add that to the to do list. It isn't big enough for a stretch goal. 

• Like 2