17 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I get :o

• Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis IV

7 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Nah I'm playing as the Aztecs first playthrough 😎

Have Aztecs conquer Spain.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:02 PM, vcczar said:

@DakotaHale EU4 is one of the best games ever made in my opinion. I haven't played Stellaris. I'd rank the Paradox games like this:

1. EU4 99/100
  2. CK3 95/100
  3. Victoria II 82/100 
  4. March of the Eagle 80/100
  5. HOI whatever the latest version is 75/100
  6. Imperator 72/100

EU is the game that made Paradox. It has the most depth and replay value, I think. It also has a lot of DLC and free DLC in the Steam workshop. I recommend the Extended Timeline. You do need most of the DLC for maximum EU4 playability, however. 

How good is the extended timeline mod? I have decent specs, but is it possible to play from 1444 to 2021 for example without a huge slow down? Is everything in-depth and balanced? Am I going to get stuff like nuclear weapons in 1840?

7 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

How good is the extended timeline mod? I have decent specs, but is it possible to play from 1444 to 2021 for example without a huge slow down? Is everything in-depth and balanced? Am I going to get stuff like nuclear weapons in 1840?

It’s been a minute, but it’s pretty good. It goes back to the Roman Empire i believe. It’s not really unbalanced because there isn’t shit like nuclear weapons on EU4’s system 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I bet the extended timeline doesn't beat 4000 BC to 2020 AD, like the base game of Civ2 covers (outside scenarios and modding). 😉

And, there are reports of nuclear weapons in base Civ2 games before the Roman Empire would fall historically.

Well in Spore you start as a single-celled lifeform that advances to a space-faring civilization over millions of years so we all know that makes it the superior game.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

I don’t notice a slowdown at all. I do get a slowdown with Hearts of Iron IV. If you can play that, you can play the extended timeline. You’ll get weapons way too early only if you use cheat codes. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 11:45 PM, Patine said:

Even though I am formally blocking you, I feel this piece of digital defecation needs a response. I am, actually, not tied strictly to non-fiction in my interests, and have, in fact, a wide range of knowledge of, exposure to, consumption of, and even trying my hand at writing, science fiction, and many other fictional genres, in gaming, books, movies, TV shows, etc. And, I also happen to know well that saying, "it's fiction, there are no rules, anything can happen, nothing needs to be explained," as you seem to be in the school of, is one of the most lame-brained things you can say, and one of the easiest paths to ridicule and excoriation among fiction fandom you can engage in. As someone quite familiar with fiction, the concepts of internal consistency, maintaining intellectual property lore or evolving it naturally, suspension of disbelief, following genre and sub-genre conventions, and playing to the target audience and desiring to expand that audience, are all major and important features. Thus, asking about the clarification of the premise of a work of fiction, even in a critical tone, is not at all out-of-line - in fact, it's more expected than not. I do not need or benefit from your self-righteous, mocking, and condescending tone telling me not stick to gaming or fiction when it's obviously you that is the clueless one on the topic.

didnt read lol

54 minutes ago, Patine said:

The timeframe is not Civ2's only selling feature and what makes it the GOAT among nation-building and -managing strategy games, even over it's later iterations, certainly (which @Pringles dismissed it because he'd only played it's last two released iterations, 5 and 6, which give are major downgrades in the optimal qualities of 2, and are no point for an analysis or judgement from). I've already listed many other features to you.

*Yawn*

• Based 1

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

@Pringles I am disappointed that are laughing along with, and giving a, "double-approval," emote to the completely out-of-line and of one the most loathsome Internet archetypes in  terms of conduct posts of @carl4395, when you had definitely been one of the boldest and staunchest in acting against, calling out, and ridiculing PoliticalPundit on 270soft. @carl4395 is, thus far, of the same vain, and descends to lows of conduct not seen yet on the forum - and I include both you and I at our worst when I say not seen yet. This new poster and their horrid attitude should not be given a warm welcome by anyone here - it would be like welcoming PoliticalPundit with open arms.

Idk man, I think you should just ignore it if it's that bothersome to you. It's clear that he's/she's a reaction to you about something you've done over the week. I've got a pretty great idea who it is. But for reasons of anonymity I am not going to say who I'm almost certain it is. Because I don't think that's right. 

I'm moreso laughing at the outrageous things he's/she's saying, which is clearly meant to just irk you and has no real true meaning. It only has meaning because you respond to it. 

Also Dakota was laughing to, don't forget to tag him. 😛 

Edited by Pringles

3 hours ago, carl4395 said:

hey, sorry I saw your profile and I just thought you looked cute in your picture, I really wanted to tell you that)) It's really rare to see girls playing video games haha! I don't know why its a guy thing honestly im like really against misogyny and like ill be the one in the kitchen making sandwiches. We should really play rust sometime its a really cool survival game with a lot of scary moments, but don't worry ill be there to protect you 😉 sorry that wasnt flirting I swear Im just trying to be friendly I really like your profile picture sorry was that too far? Really sorry i'm really shy I don't go out much haha add me on skype we should talk more you look really nice and fun xxx

Mod here.  I don’t mind people arguing and will never agree that the use of emojis is problematic, but let’s keep it on point.  This post and the Shrek thing are actual trolling, we don’t need that here.  Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...