The Political Lounge

The most interesting wars

vcczar

10 minutes ago, pilight said:

War is a failure on the part of humanity to find better ways to resolve our differences and that is a sad thing.  I decline to participate in the glorification of violent destruction.

A shepherd must tend his flock, and at times, fight off the wolves. 😛 

• Based 1

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

How do you World War III, if it even happens, will be, "interesting." Given the state of affairs, it may likely be quite anti-climactic, and over before you know (with you, I, and most others on this forum not likely being among the less then 3% of the world's population left to see it and it's aftermath - an aftermath that won't be nearly as amusing as Wasteland/Fallout or Gamma World or as cinematic as Mad Max, but probably more like Threads or the Chrysalid).

I'll survive. I'm just built different. Post-apocalyptic warlord time.

On 1/1/2022 at 12:06 AM, Pringles said:

A shepherd must tend his flock, and at times, fight off the wolves. 😛 

We don't celebrate or venerate people who fight off wolves.  Message boards don't have threads asking people about their favorite wolf encounters (unless they're dedicated to Omegaverse fiction).  It's not an activity that is praiseworthy.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, pilight said:

We don't celebrate or venerate people who fight off wolves.  Message boards don't have threads asking people about their favorite wolf encounters (unless they're dedicated to Omegaverse fiction).  It's not an activity that is praiseworthy.

What are you talking about? If anyone has a story where they fought off an actual wolf I would LOVE to hear about it and I will absolutely praise you for, might I repeat, Fighting off an actual wolf.

You could not have possibly picked a worse analogy for the point you were attempting to make. You goofy.

• Based 1

13 minutes ago, Dobs said:

What are you talking about? If anyone has a story where they fought off an actual wolf I would LOVE to hear about it and I will absolutely praise you for, might I repeat, Fighting off an actual wolf.

You could not have possibly picked a worse analogy for the point you were attempting to make. You goofy.

I want to go to Australia and see some crocodile Dundee lookin dude take on a huge Croc. Sounds badass to me.