The Political Lounge

What do you plan to change for 2022?

carbonmonoxide321

For me:

• Finish AMPU completely and error-free by the November 2022 deadline. 
  • Floss regularly. 
  • Do things to lower my blood pressure. 
  • Be "more present" when I'm not working. I'm kind of spaced out when I should be interacting more. 
  • Observe Midterms turning to Democrats favor
  • Do a lot more writing

I can't think of much else to do. If COVID weren't a thing, I'd probably add a lot of places to visit or do around Philadelphia. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

For me:

• Finish AMPU completely and error-free by the November 2022 deadline. 
  • Floss regularly. 
  • Do things to lower my blood pressure. 
  • Be "more present" when I'm not working. I'm kind of spaced out when I should be interacting more. 
  • Observe Midterms turning to Democrats favor
  • Do a lot more writing

I can't think of much else to do. If COVID weren't a thing, I'd probably add a lot of places to visit or do around Philadelphia. 

Are we doing an in-person/virtual launch party for AMPU 👀 

- Limit my sleep needs to only 6 hours a night. 

- Continue investing into crypto, and begin investing into potentially an index fund or roth IRA

- Get a better paying job. 

- Hit the gym more often. 

- Buy a Jaguar or another sports car around 10-15k should I have the money to do so and sell my current car. 😛 

- Crank up the daily dosage of meme intake. 

- Play games with friends. 

- See the Republicans take back the House and send a message to Biden after a disastrous first year. 😛 

- Continue to do well in school. Finished this semester with 3 A's and 1 B. Hopefully I can try to maintain that or get all A's. 

- Watch more movies and maybe binge all the James Bond movies again with friends. 

- Observe the teachings of Kevin O'Leary more often. 😛 

Edited by Pringles
  • Haha 2
  • Based 2

Walk 10k steps per day.  I used to do this every day, and felt so much better...but now that I work from home, I only get like 2k per day and it's been terrible for my physical fitness.  

Sell our house.

Buy a new house and move to Pittsburgh.

Spend (and get my wife and daughter to spend) 45 minutes a day doing chores together.  

Stop drinking caffeine before 11 AM and after 8 PM.

Spend more quality time with my daughter.  She's 8 now -- dangerously close to being too cool to want to hang out with dad.  Got to prioritize that time while it's still available.

• Like 1
  • Based 3

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Walk 10k steps per day.  I used to do this every day, and felt so much better...but now that I work from home, I only get like 2k per day and it's been terrible for my physical fitness.  

Sell our house.

Buy a new house and move to Pittsburgh.

Spend (and get my wife and daughter to spend) 45 minutes a day doing chores together.  

Stop drinking caffeine before 11 AM and after 8 PM.

Spend more quality time with my daughter.  She's 8 now -- dangerously close to being too cool to want to hang out with dad.  Got to prioritize that time while it's still available.

Pittsburgh! I am going to Pitt law starting August 2022 😄

• Like 2

Just now, themiddlepolitical said:

Pittsburgh! I am going to Pitt law starting August 2022 😄

Nice!  Pittsburgh is my hometown (kind of -- I was a military brat and then joined the military myself, but I still claim Pittsburgh as home and that's where my parents/siblings/nieces and nephews are).  I've been all around the globe, and Pittsburgh is still my favorite place to be.

• Like 1

-Stop procrastinating as much

-Start law school

-Read a lot more

-Do yoga on top of my workout regiment 

-meditate 

-Finally decide what PA Senate Dem candidate to intern for (this is fast approaching lol)

-Graduate undergrad (May) 

-Finally start travelling again (Me and my gf and friends went on around 3 mini 2 day vacations the year before covid, haven't gone anywhere since)

-Start running again 

-Start hiking

-Develop a creative hobby (Whether it's writing, which I kinda do with P.I playthroughs) 

Edited by themiddlepolitical
  • Like 1
  • Based 2

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Nice!  Pittsburgh is my hometown (kind of -- I was a military brat and then joined the military myself, but I still claim Pittsburgh as home and that's where my parents/siblings/nieces and nephews are).  I've been all around the globe, and Pittsburgh is still my favorite place to be.

When deciding law schools I could have shot for alot of places, But with my networking in Pittsburgh, my partner having a job lined up at the PNC HQ, and mostly the city itself- I didn't want to be anywhere else. (She is from there, I'm from about an hour away) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

-Stop procrastinating as much

-Start law school

-Read a lot more

-Do yoga on top of my workout regiment 

-meditate 

-Finally decide what PA Senate Dem candidate to intern for (this is fast approaching lol)

-Graduate undergrad (May) 

-Finally start travelling again (Me and my gf and friends went on around 3 mini 2 day vacations the year before covid, haven't gone anywhere since)

-Start running again 

-Start hiking

-Develop a creative hobby (Whether it's writing, which I kinda do with P.I playthroughs) 

Oh and I'll add, finally get my hands on AMPU and play it on pc- which will probably take up alot of my summer haha. Dream game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patine said:

"The human body, for optimal health and performance, requires only 4 hours of sleep for men, 5 for women, and 6 for idiots,"

-Napoleon Bonaparte 😛 

Tracked my sleep all year and got on average 4.5 hrs a night for 2021 lol

8494D602-7033-4DB9-92FC-E71922DE5FF1.jpeg.3aa31162a00d0238eae279a9c27b1cb6.jpeg

• Based 1

33 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Tracked my sleep all year and got on average 4.5 hrs a night for 2021 lol

8494D602-7033-4DB9-92FC-E71922DE5FF1.jpeg.3aa31162a00d0238eae279a9c27b1cb6.jpeg

My bedtime is 3 AM. So 6 hours of sleep is honestly lucky for me. 😂😛

I just want to get set into the 3 to 9 routine. And not feel like shit.

• Based 1

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

What do you use to track it?  Is it a smartwatch or something?

Smart watch for heartbeat and vitals, microphone to track breathing, snoring, sleep talking etc. (this can be disabled if you want). But I always thought it was fun. I sleep talk a lot and it’s interesting hearing what I say.

App is called sleep cycle. I think it’s only iPhone though unfortunately 

• Like 1

I usually drink gallons of Coke every day (yes, literally).  

Gave it up entirely.  

The headaches from caffeine withdrawal are manageable...but I'm so TIRED now all of the time.  I work from home until 430 every day, but I fall asleep at 3 PM now.  Ha.

I don't drink Coffee, so Coke was my "get moving" juice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I usually drink gallons of Coke every day (yes, literally).  

Gave it up entirely.  

The headaches from caffeine withdrawal are manageable...but I'm so TIRED now all of the time.  I work from home until 430 every day, but I fall asleep at 3 PM now.  Ha.

I don't drink Coffee, so Coke was my "get moving" juice.

How can one not drink coffee?

I drink 5-7 cups a day, it is by far the best beverage

• Like 1
  • Based 1

Just now, DakotaHale said:

Black?

4 of those cups come in a form of a large panera iced coffee daily, 2 sugar, 2 cream (so tastes almost black but alittle sweet cause of volume) 

the last 2 would be hot black. 

Panera has $8 a month unlimited coffee, it’s a steal. I get it on the daily, sometimes twice a day. I averaged it out and that $8 gets me $135 of coffee a month. 

The hot coffee i’ll do the whole manual process (beans, ground etc)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

How can one not drink coffee?

I drink 5-7 cups a day, it is by far the best beverage

By drinking Coke by the gallon instead.  

I never got into coffee.  Or beer, for that matter.  I’m 95% Coke, 5% wine.

But now I’m apparently just orange juice and water.  It’s a struggle.  But worth it.

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

I've never heard of Panera. I prefer to get my coffee at Tim Horton's or McDonald's (the latter having their coffee as being the only palatable thing left on their menu). I can be flexible for certain other places, but I utterly refuse to drink Starbuck's, even if someone else is paying.

I've had Tim Hortons, I'd consider it very closely to that. Though I think Tim Hortons food is superior. 

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

I've never heard of Panera. I prefer to get my coffee at Tim Horton's or McDonald's (the latter having their coffee as being the only palatable thing left on their menu). I can be flexible for certain other places, but I utterly refuse to drink Starbuck's, even if someone else is paying.

Why not Starbucks?

21 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Why not Starbucks?

Not sure about Patine, but I don’t go to Starbucks because my ex-fiancée worked at a Starbucks when we were together.  She always smelled like Starbucks, which was fine at the time — but now that we split (almost 15 years ago), Starbucks smells like her and I don’t like it. Haha

• Haha 2