The Political Lounge

What do you plan to change for 2022?

carbonmonoxide321

6 hours ago, Patine said:

Foul-tasting, over-priced coffee, in my personal opinion. Plus, I detest how they insist on knowing your first name to put on the cup.

Although the name thing doesn't really bother me, I agree. 😛 

Starbucks is a money pit. 

But I don't like coffee in general, if I do, it's iced or a frappe or whatever you want to call it. 

I am a sweet tea man through and through. 

• Based 1

12 hours ago, themiddlepolitical said:

How can one not drink coffee?

I drink 5-7 cups a day, it is by far the best beverage

I don't either. I finally gave in and had a couple 5 hour energy shots when I needed to this semester, but an ice cold cup of water usually wakes me up well. Plus I hate the taste of coffee.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:59 AM, Pringles said:

Although the name thing doesn't really bother me, I agree. 😛 

Starbucks is a money pit. 

But I don't like coffee in general, if I do, it's iced or a frappe or whatever you want to call it. 

I am a sweet tea man through and through. 

Love sweet tea

• Based 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

UPDATE:

We've officially bought a new house and we're moving to Pittsburgh!

Well, pending inspections and all that jazz.  But we've got a signed contract in place, agreed on price, financing is secured, etc.

Next mission: Sell our current house.

I used to be homeless, sleeping in my car, because I did not own enough homes.

Now I'm going to own too many homes.

Owning the right number of homes is very hard.

;c)

Cue the "Push it to the limit" from Scarface. 😎😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

UPDATE:

We've officially bought a new house and we're moving to Pittsburgh!

Well, pending inspections and all that jazz.  But we've got a signed contract in place, agreed on price, financing is secured, etc.

Next mission: Sell our current house.

I used to be homeless, sleeping in my car, because I did not own enough homes.

Now I'm going to own too many homes.

Owning the right number of homes is very hard.

;c)

Welcome to the Yinzer cult (; 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Welcome to the Yinzer cult (; 

Born and raised, baby! 

Well...Born, and then moved away when I was a baby, moved back when I was 6, moved away again when I was 18, moved back when I was 19, left when I was 20, came back when I was 26, left when I was 28, coming back now at 38.  ;c)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I was surprised to find my home city of Edmonton, Alberta, has more than three times the population of Pittsburg (not including metro areas for either - but city proper), and almost seven to eight times the urban jurisdiction area. For some reason, I'd always imagined Pittsburgh being, bigger...

Pittsburgh is unique in that each neighborhood feels like a different town, because the geography closes each neighborhood into its own..so as you drive into each neighborhood you feel like you are in a completely different place-that’s what i love about it.

In terms of its population/size-pittsburgh hasn’t “annexed” an area since the 1800s or something, so it hasn’t grown, TONS of municipalities asked for themselves to be annexed over the years but Pittsburgh didn’t do it,right now they may annex another town though- which i think would add around 40k to the population. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Born and raised, baby! 

Well...Born, and then moved away when I was a baby, moved back when I was 6, moved away again when I was 18, moved back when I was 19, left when I was 20, came back when I was 26, left when I was 28, coming back now at 38.  ;c)

I think in terms of service years you are considered one, it all adds up yanno! (;

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

I was surprised to find my home city of Edmonton, Alberta, has more than three times the population of Pittsburg (not including metro areas for either - but city proper), and almost seven to eight times the urban jurisdiction area. For some reason, I'd always imagined Pittsburgh being, bigger...

Pittsburgh is everywhere and everywhere is Pittsburgh.  We are legion.  ;c)

• Based 1

- have a sleep schedule of over 3 hours per night
- continue working out
- earn more MONEY
- do a bit of trolling
- do a lot more trolling
- never shop at Starbucks because I don't like overpriced caffeine milk

sure, im a bit slow, but make your resolutions on new years if you want to fail

Edited by mark2

On 1/2/2022 at 2:30 PM, themiddlepolitical said:

-Stop procrastinating as much

-Start law school

-Read a lot more

-Do yoga on top of my workout regiment 

-meditate 

-Finally decide what PA Senate Dem candidate to intern for (this is fast approaching lol)

-Graduate undergrad (May) 

-Finally start travelling again (Me and my gf and friends went on around 3 mini 2 day vacations the year before covid, haven't gone anywhere since)

-Start running again 

-Start hiking

-Develop a creative hobby (Whether it's writing, which I kinda do with P.I playthroughs) 

Update- I will be support Malcolm Kenyatta for senate- Also got my dream corporate job that I didn’t expect to get, so law school will have to wait a couple years, Maybe I’ll run for office beforehand. 

@vcczar was wondering your thoughts on the senate race -after watching debates Kenyatta actually seems the most progressive, yet balanced with supporting Biden, also he is a great guy and well prepared. 

@MrPotatoTed I think your too late moving for the primary, I also don’t know what party you are registered as (;  (for supporting a senate candidate) 

Edited by themiddlepolitical
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Update- I will be support Malcolm Kenyatta for senate- Also got my dream corporate job that I didn’t expect to get, so law school will have to wait a couple years, Maybe I’ll run for office beforehand. 

@vcczar was wondering your thoughts on the senate race -after watching debates Kenyatta actually seems the most progressive, yet balanced with supporting Biden, also he is a great guy and well prepared. 

@MrPotatoTed I think your too late moving for the primary, I also don’t know what party you are registered as (;  (for supporting a senate candidate) 

I mentioned this somewhere already, but I'm perfectly happy with Fetterman, Kenyatta, and Lamb, although this is my order of preference. The reason I'm not terribly picky is that I think for the general, Lamb, Kenyatta, and Fetterman are probably the order of strength for the general. I'm at this point where I can't be picky, put ideology aside, and favor who will beat the Republican candidate. This is why I can be a strong Sanders supporter in the primary and then support Clinton and Biden, despite some inner grumbling. Considering 2022 could be a Red Wave, if they only the to prevent this is if 100 Joe Manchin's are the nominees, then so be it. I'd rather be aghast only 60% of the time than 100% of the time, especially when there's no shot in an election for me to be aghast less than 50% of the time. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2022 at 7:49 AM, MrPotatoTed said:

UPDATE:

I got the part of Thomas Nostradamus, the exact role that I wanted.  

It's been 15 years since my last stage appearance, but apparently I've still got it! Ha.

Surprise update.  Ha.

Another theater company near our house in Dayton decided to do the same show.  I thought about auditioning, but I was too busy needing to get our house ready to sale so I didn't bother.  I didn't audition, they obviously cast somebody else, months passed, everybody lived happily ever after.

Until this morning, when my phone rang at 7 AM.  

Turns out that the other theater company's Nostradamus just tested positive for COVID -- and their opening night is in two days.

So they've asked me to come be their Nostradamus this weekend.

I know the lines of course -- I already did the part earlier this year.  

But it's an all new cast, all new director, all new set, all new stage.  I don't know the blocking, I don't know the choreography,I don't even know where the bathrooms are.  And they want me to be in their show on FRIDAY.

And I can't even join them for rehearsal this week, because I'm out of town for a funeral.  So I'm only going to get to rehearse with them ONCE, and then we do the show live.

I said yes.

The show must go on!

(OH god, what have I done...)

• Haha 1
  • Based 1

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Surprise update.  Ha.

Another theater company near our house in Dayton decided to do the same show.  I thought about auditioning, but I was too busy needing to get our house ready to sale so I didn't bother.  I didn't audition, they obviously cast somebody else, months passed, everybody lived happily ever after.

Until this morning, when my phone rang at 7 AM.  

Turns out that the other theater company's Nostradamus just tested positive for COVID -- and their opening night is in two days.

So they've asked me to come be their Nostradamus this weekend.

I know the lines of course -- I already did the part earlier this year.  

But it's an all new cast, all new director, all new set, all new stage.  I don't know the blocking, I don't know the choreography,I don't even know where the bathrooms are.  And they want me to be in their show on FRIDAY.

And I can't even join them for rehearsal this week, because I'm out of town for a funeral.  So I'm only going to get to rehearse with them ONCE, and then we do the show live.

I said yes.

The show must go on!

(OH god, what have I done...)

That’s amazing and impressive. You’d fit right in during Shakespeare’s time. They performed a new play every day, six days a week. They’d bring back old plays but only after months without playing it. Sometimes there’d be impromptu performances. I’d love to be able to do something like that but it takes me awhile to memorize lines. I could do an improve play or a play that allows some improve in dialogue. 

• Like 1
  • Based 1

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That’s amazing and impressive. You’d fit right in during Shakespeare’s time. They performed a new play every day, six days a week. They’d bring back old plays but only after months without playing it. Sometimes there’d be impromptu performances. I’d love to be able to do something like that but it takes me awhile to memorize lines. I could do an improve play or a play that allows some improve in dialogue. 

Ha, I haven't earned any of those compliments yet -- I agreed to do it, but I haven't actually done it yet.  Check back with me in a week.  Haha!

• Like 1
  • Based 1