The Political Lounge

2022 Kentucky Senate Poll

Sean F Kennedy

Kentucky Senate Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the Kentucky senate race?

• Charles Booker (D)
    • Rand Paul (R)

21 hours ago, Patine said:

Legalizing Infanticide by mothers and fines and mandatory medical services for male masturbation? Why are there so many unhinged people who actually get elected in the U.S. - of both major parties? If the two major parties are such a hotbed and breeding ground for such whackos, that could well be another argument - among many - for toppling the Duopoly's power.

I don't think it was legalizing infanticide, but rather, from what I understand, allowing postpartum psychosis to be used as part of a not guilty by reason of insanity defense. I don't think that's unreasonable to allow, and it's not like insanity defenses are commonly successful, or even commonly pled. Infanticide would be its own, separate crime, with lesser penalties than murder, which I don't agree with, but I don't think it's wrong to allow postpartum psychosis as part of an insanity defense. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the proposal was, though.

As for the male masturbation bill, that was obviously an act of protest against the invasive regulations applied to women.

While Farrar knows her "proposed satirical regulations" will not become law, she hoped the bill's filing would at least foster a deeper discussion about what should be a priority during session years.