The Political Lounge

Jan 6 Committee Unveils 4 Charges Against Trump

vcczar

Jan 6 Committee Unveils 4 Charges Against Trump  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four supposed crimes do you think Donald Trump is likely guilty of?

• inciting an insurrection
    • conspiracy to defraud the United States
    • conspiracy to make a false statement
    • obstruction of an official proceeding
    • He's probably not guilty of any of these crimes.
  2. 2. Do you think Merrick Garland and the Dept of Justice will use the referrels for a full investigation of Trump

• Yes.
    • No.
    • There might be a token effort but the committee referrel is largely symbolic. Garland's actions will be equally symbolic.
  3. 3. Has the Jan 6th Investigation helped or hurt Trump's 2024 election chances?

4. 4. Do you think Donald Trump will ever spend at least a day in jail/prison for anything related to his actions as president or related to his taxes?

5. 5. Does Donald Trump deserve to be in jail?

6. 6. Does Joe Biden deserve to be in jail?

7. 7. If Trump is sentenced to be convicted and go to jail, how long should he be in jail?

• He should be released immeadiately.
    • About a month
    • About 4 months
    • Half a year
    • A year
    • A couple of years.
    • About 5 years.
    • About 10 years.
    • About 20 years.
    • For life.
  8. 8. Should Trump lose the benefits (pension, security, etc.) given to former presidents?

9. 9. Who is the most ethically-challenged president?

• Trump
    • Nixon
    • Biden
    • Obama
    • GW Bush
    • Reagan
    • LBJ
    • FDR
    • Wilson
    • Lincoln
    • Buchanan
    • Pierce
    • Polk
    • Jackson
  10. 10. Who is more likely to be the GOP nominee for 2024 of the two, if both run for president.

11. 11. Who wins if the election is a rematch between Biden and Trump?

12. 12. Who has been the worst GOP presidential nominee for Republicans in the 21st century?

13. 13. Who has been the worst Democratic presidential nominee for Democrats in the 21st century?

14. 14. Who is more deserving of jail time?

"Conspiracy to make a false statement", while definitely being something Trump did, sounds really stupid. Maybe the actual law constitutes something more serious, but it just seems like it's "having the intent to lie" is a crime which I don't understand, granted I don't think lying should ever be a crime in the first place.

Edited by Rezi

14 minutes ago, Rezi said:

"Conspiracy to make a false statement", while definitely being something Trump did, sounds really stupid. Maybe the actual law constitutes something more serious, but it just seems like it's "having the intent to lie" is a crime which I don't understand, granted I don't think lying should ever be a crime in the first place.

Yeah. That’s how it’s phrased in the two sources I read