The Political Lounge

Within vs. In

Cal

In case you weren’t aware, these two words are used differently (which I learned recently)

Within is used for being within a range, while in is used for being inside of something whether it’s a range or not. 

Thanks, high-school and college English for letting me get this far. (Shout out to using “amount” wrong for years too)

• Based 2

5 hours ago, Cal said:

In case you weren’t aware, these two words are used differently (which I learned recently)

Within is used for being within a range, while in is used for being inside of something whether it’s a range or not. 

Thanks, high-school and college English for letting me get this far. (Shout out to using “amount” wrong for years too)

Don't feel too bad:  I was well into my 20s before I discovered that "rolls" and "rules" are pronounced differently.

And I am a professional spokesman.  ;c)

5 hours ago, Patine said:

You don't achieve my echelon of verbosity and edification without erudition to such proficiency in phraseology. 😛

Verbosity, certainly.

Edification, a matter of opinion.

Erudition and proficiency, no comment.

Just now, Patine said:

Everyone on this forum is both a pot and a kettle. It's showing of your unfortunate lack of insight and understanding of social dynamics that you haven't realized that yet...

Pot

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

Everyone on this forum is both a pot and a kettle. It's showing of your unfortunate lack of insight and understanding of social dynamics that you haven't realized that yet...

Never said I wasn't a pot 😛

Well, now that you've revealed your true colours as an enemy of justice for all, an enemy of accountability of Government, an enemy of the rule of law, an enemy of opposition to ALL abuses, atrocities, and crimes of state by ANY Government, an enemy of you Republic, Constitution, nation, and the principles it was founded, and - yes - an EXTREMIST because of this, I will now treat you as what you have unveiled yourself, here to be, in debate, and I enjoin everyone else on this forum who has any sense of reason, ethics, justice, and moral fibre, to do the same. You have just outed yourself as the unhinged extremist trying, in vain, to do it to me - because ONLY an unhinged extremist would possibly support the ideals you've admitted to -- and all the monstrous consequences that come of it - as being not only acceptable, but right...

• Based 2

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

the pot not only calls the kettle self-righteous but then turns around and calls the pan a pot

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Why do you cherish making a fool of yourself and killing any credibility you may have had by parroting a post I long ago admitted I was overboard with making? Have you self-respect or sense of shame? Do you not care that you just play a clown, and thus can be treated as such when also speaking on serious issue? GROW UP!

Because it's pretty funny 😛

Why would I have shame over a copy paste? No harm is done 😛

15 minutes ago, Kitten said:

Never said I wasn't a pot 😛

Well, now that you've revealed your true colours as an enemy of justice for all, an enemy of accountability of Government, an enemy of the rule of law, an enemy of opposition to ALL abuses, atrocities, and crimes of state by ANY Government, an enemy of you Republic, Constitution, nation, and the principles it was founded, and - yes - an EXTREMIST because of this, I will now treat you as what you have unveiled yourself, here to be, in debate, and I enjoin everyone else on this forum who has any sense of reason, ethics, justice, and moral fibre, to do the same. You have just outed yourself as the unhinged extremist trying, in vain, to do it to me - because ONLY an unhinged extremist would possibly support the ideals you've admitted to -- and all the monstrous consequences that come of it - as being not only acceptable, but right...

We let it go the first time this was reported, because we felt the quote was appropriate in context.  But there's no need to keep doing this in every thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

We let it go the first time this was reported, because we felt the quote was appropriate in context.  But there's no need to keep doing this in every thread.

ted, i think someone's gonna introduce the articles of forum impeachment after that one

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mark2 said:

ted, i think someone's gonna introduce the articles of forum impeachment after that one

Ha, I'd happily relinquish the post.  Let someone else get 30 reports a day from the same six people who are completely disrespectful of each other, but quickly report whenever anyone is disrespectful to them.

At some point, folks just have to grow up and either stop disrespecting others or stop taking it so seriously when someone disrespects them.  

• Like 3