$2.3 million

Edward Low

$1.8 million

John Rackam

$1.5 million

James Martel

$1.5 million

38 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why are only pirates on the Caribbean Spanish Main here? What about the Illyrian Pirates who so plagued the Roman Republic (and Pompeii first became reputable by dealing with), or the Japanese Waku who plagued the coasts of their own nation, and Korea and China, in the Medieval Period, or the Dacoit Pirate Culture in the East Indies and the coastal parts of Thailand, Myanmar, and South Asia, or the Barbary Corsairs of North Africa, fought with by several European navies, and even the U.S.' first two naval victories off of it's own shores, and ended with Charles X of France leading an out outright invasion and annexation of Algeria (something that France would come to rue in the 1950's), or even the Somali Pirates of today?

Might be harder to establish the figures.

39 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why are only pirates on the Caribbean Spanish Main here? What about the Illyrian Pirates who so plagued the Roman Republic (and Pompeii first became reputable by dealing with), or the Japanese Waku who plagued the coasts of their own nation, and Korea and China, in the Medieval Period, or the Dacoit Pirate Culture in the East Indies and the coastal parts of Thailand, Myanmar, and South Asia, or the Barbary Corsairs of North Africa, fought with by several European navies, and even the U.S.' first two naval victories off of it's own shores, and ended with Charles X of France leading an out outright invasion and annexation of Algeria (something that France would come to rue in the 1950's), or even the Somali Pirates of today?

Could be they have the amounts paid to privateers by Britain, and is easier to compare to modern inflation

do what you want cause a pirarte is free you are a piratet 

yarr harr fiddle dee dee do what you want cause a iprates is free do wat you want cause a pirate is free you are a pirate

yarr har ahoy and avast being a aprate is really badass hang the black flag aty tyhre end of the mast you are a pirate

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

The top-earning Barbary corsairs, whose wealth, as I've said, is calculatable, should be included.

I don't know why you are restating this to me. You already mentioned this. Are you suggesting I modify the list? This isn't my list. It comes from Forbes in 2008. You can feel free to make your own list, however.