The Political Lounge

Pre Order access

12 hours ago, Connor said:

Hi so I pre order ampu and am very excited but it did say mid 2022 early access is their any updates to that ? 

@Connor I'm the creator of the game, although not the developer who is coding it. I seriously doubt early access will occur mid-year with how slow things are going on his end. Theoretically, he could let you play the game in the form that it is in right now and that would be technically early access, but the game would be so complete as to not really be a game, although it is fun drafting politicians. I think the developer got optimistic with how quickly he could code the game, and he made that estimate without knowing how the game works in the way that I do (and the playtesters do). He also had to take a month's break to update his other game, so we lost at least a month's time. My guess is that early release will be pushed back to November, but I haven't heard anything from him. November just sounds about right to me. I'm not too upset about it becaue 1) the playtests are showing a bunch of minor changes I need to make to the game, and 2) Most KS projects miss their deadlines, so this is actually normal.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Connor I'm the creator of the game, although not the developer who is coding it. I seriously doubt early access will occur mid-year with how slow things are going on his end. Theoretically, he could let you play the game in the form that it is in right now and that would be technically early access, but the game would be so complete as to not really be a game, although it is fun drafting politicians. I think the developer got optimistic with how quickly he could code the game, and he made that estimate without knowing how the game works in the way that I do (and the playtesters do). He also had to take a month's break to update his other game, so we lost at least a month's time. My guess is that early release will be pushed back to November, but I haven't heard anything from him. November just sounds about right to me. I'm not too upset about it becaue 1) the playtests are showing a bunch of minor changes I need to make to the game, and 2) Most KS projects miss their deadlines, so this is actually normal.  

Hi thank you for the response I would love to be able to testplay the game in the current state and to just be able to draft the 1774 politicians and see there numbers and play the game by hand like you do on the forums but completely understand if that is unable to happen 

7 hours ago, Connor said:

One final question how do I signup to become a replacement in the play test ?

Unsure if you are on the Discord, but if not here's a link. There is a channel for a playtest waiting list there.

It doesn't guarantee that you get in, but I'd say coupling that with visibility in these forums will help your odds.

Edited by bradleyg223
premature post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...