The Political Lounge

Cryptology Forum Game

WVProgressive

Cryptology  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the subject of Cryptology?

• Yes, I enjoy cryptology so much that I am pursuing/will pursue/have previously pursued a career in the field.
    • Yes, I enjoy cryptology as a hobby.
    • I have no knowledge of cryptology, and am therefor unable to say one way or another whether or not I like or dislike it.
    • I do not enjoy cryptology.
    • Other.
  2. 2. Did you enjoy decripting the ciphertext I made?

• Yes, even though I could not figure it out.
    • Yes, and I was able to figure it out successfully.
    • No, and I was not able to figure out the cipher.
    • No, even though I deciphered the text.
    • I refuse to attempt to solve the cipher, but I still want to answer this poll.
  3. 3. Would you be interested in more forum games, and posts relating to the subject of cryptology?

• Yes, that is something I would be interested in. I would likely participate in any such games
    • No.
    • Yes, though I would not participate in such a thing, I would be interested in spectating.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2022 at 01:00 AM

Hello everyone, I hope you’re all having a wonderful Wednesday evening. A few years ago, a former regular of the forum who went by the username NYRepublican pmed me about a cipher he was working on. Over the years I’ve fiddled with it in an attempt to make it harder to crack, and I thought it might be fun to present a piece of plaintext which been transformed into a cipher using ‘WYVN-code’ (which is what I’ve taken to calling the altered cipher over the years) and see if any of you could decipher it. I've always been interested in the field of cryptology, and I hope this is a fun way to share that interest with you all.

The first person to decipher the message found at the bottom of this page will win a prize courtesy of yours truly. This poll will close at 9:00 pm Friday evening, after which I will publicly reveal the answer to the cipher. If you happen to decipher the message before 9:00 pm Friday, then please pm me your answer so that I can verify it, but do not tell it to the other users. If you have any questions private message me either here, or on discord.

I hope y’all enjoy this little game! Who knows, I might do more projects like this if there’s interest in it!

Ciphertext: 7952279155127838