The Political Lounge

Presidential Election Question

So in reviewing rules for President Gen Election I saw this and was wondering is it new or did it exist all the time and I just never read over that far: 

• Give a Speech:

• If in the primary era (at least one state has a primary), the presidential nominee is allowed to give a speech. Otherwise, the speech must come from the VP or faction leader (if the latter is not the nominee)

The point I am looking at is the underlined portion 

2 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

So in reviewing rules for President Gen Election I saw this and was wondering is it new or did it exist all the time and I just never read over that far: 

• Give a Speech:

• If in the primary era (at least one state has a primary), the presidential nominee is allowed to give a speech. Otherwise, the speech must come from the VP or faction leader (if the latter is not the nominee)

The point I am looking at is the underlined portion 

The underlined part was always there. But there was conflicting language before that which made it seem like you could do no speeches pre primary era. So most probably didn't keep reading beyond that. I cleaned it up to make it easier to understand.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1