The Political Lounge

If you were President 2021

vcczar

If you were President 2021  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • No
    • Other (mention below)
  2. 2. Would you end the state of national emergency at the border with Mexico?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • No
    • Other (mention below)
  3. 3. Would you rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO)?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • No
    • Other (mention below)
  4. 4. Would you institute a COVID mask mandate on federal property?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • No
    • Other (mention below)
  5. 5. Would you revoke permits for construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • No
    • Other (mention below)
  6. 6. Would you end support for the Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • No
    • Other (mention below)
  7. 7. Would you sign the $1.9 trillion economic stimulus relief package aimed at COVID Recession Revovery?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • Only if it seems like my veto will be overridden
    • No, even if I'm overridden
  8. 8. Would you sign the bill officially making Juneteenth a federal holiday?

• Yes (Biden's response)
  9. 9. Would you sign the upcoming $1 trillion dollar Infrastructure bill?

• Yes (Biden's intent)
  10. 10. Would you sign a bill canceling student loan debt?

• Yes, all student loan debt
    • Only up to $50,000 per debtor
    • Only up to $10,000 per debtor (Biden's considered compromise)
    • Another proposal (mention below)
    • I'll only sign a student loan debt bill if it seems my veto will be overriden
  11. 11. Would you follow the Trump-Taliban Agreement of 2020 and withdraw troops from Afghanistan by a 2021 deadline?

• Yes (Biden's response)
    • No
    • Other (mention below)
  12. 12. If you agreed to the above withdraw, check all below that apply.

• I didn't vote to withdraw the troops
    • I would increase the number of troops from Trump's skeleton army in preparation of removing troops and allied Afghani refugees.
    • I would renegotiate with the Taliban that they can enter Kabul only after everyone on our list is evacuated. If they enter beforehand, then the war will continue at full force.
    • I would ignore the refugees and just bring the troops home.
    • I would increase arms, ammunition, supplies, and paychecks for Afghani soldiers to protect Kabul from the Taliban until everyone is evacuate. They will be aware of a big bonus paycheck if they are successful to encourage them from bailing on their guns and on the city.
    • Other (mention below)
  13. 13. If, regardless of your Afghanistan responses, the situation over there goes way down hill because of your response, do you....

• Take the blame.
    • Both take the blame and point fingers (Biden's response)
    • Refuse to take the blame but point fingers.
  14. 14. If your Afghanistan situation was a fiasco (regardless of how you responded) and your approval is sliding to almost "Great approval for Trump" levels, how do you increase your party's chances for Midterms?

• I will resign as I think my VP will have a better shot at saving the party.
    • I will try to redeem myself through surpassing expectations on getting refugees evacuated.
    • I will change my response on Afghanistan (either withdrawing or re-entering the war)
    • I will try to dilute my failure by scoring a foreign policy success of equivalent magnitude against Russia, China, ISIS, or Syria ASAP.
    • I will hope that signing the Infrastructure bill will make up for it.
    • I will try to dilute the failure by proposing and signing exciting new domestic policies
    • I will focus on the economy and hope that voters will care more about the economy than Afghanistan in 2022.
    • I will focus on COVID containment and eradication and hope that voters will care more about COVID ending than Afghanistan in 2022.
    • I'll just hope that people lose interest and won't care about Afghanistan enough for attack ads to do any damage in 2022.
    • Other (mention below)

19 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Not everyone needs to go to a 4 year university.

While true, I'm concerned about he demographic that wants to go to college but cannot afford to go to it because you've wiped out the education safety net with a disastrous policy. 

• Like 1

Since the Trump era I think that no scandal ever takes a major US party down, even a good failure.

Democrats can hope to play on their domestic policy to make up their numbers to 2022.

It seems that 47% of americans back Biden's leaving plan, he in a way has been able to consolidate his supporters after the first stage

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ugh! Then only blatant, gross incompetence and utter catastrophe will bring the Duopoly down at the ballot box if you're correct. But a bleak and miserable prognosis and forecast...

You saw Capitol Riots, it was much worse than Biden's foreign policy failure

So yes it takes a very big deal

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, vcczar said:

While true, I'm concerned about he demographic that wants to go to college but cannot afford to go to it because you've wiped out the education safety net with a disastrous policy. 

There are plenty of other ways to achieve this without handouts (which actually exacerbates the problem due to the lack of incentive to be competitive).

1. Community college to 4 year school programs.

2. Increasing high school duel credit opportunities (such as programs that allow kids to get an associates degree at the same time as the HS diploma).

3. Private scholarships. There are an abundance of these out there now, people just don't look for them.

4. Working to pay for education.

5. Part-time programs.

6. Online programs.

All of these are underutilized because the current system pumps kids into college with easy money, which then leaves then saddled with mountains of debt. The middle class is especially damaged due to lost of people in it following outside of aids ranges (but having to cover the costs, both in tax dollars and in the increased costs from the rise in prices).