The Political Lounge

AMPU: The Big Red Button (1960 Playtest)

Cal

Cards

@Mark_W - Progressives, Liberals, LW Populists, Civil Rights, Pacifist, LW Activist, Reformist, Public Education, Environmentalists, Public Healthcare, Public Housing, Human Rights, Labor Unions, LW Media, Welfare

@pman - Liberals, Civil Rights, Reformists, Public Education, Human Rights, Transportation

@MrPotatoTed - Moderates, Wall Street, Private Education, Big Oil & Gas, Law & Order, Military-Industrial, Free-Trade

@ShortKing - Moderates, Private Education, Globalists, Law & Order, Military-Industrial

@bradleyg223 - Conservatives, Traditionalists, Nationalists, Big Agriculture

@OrangeP47 - Liberals, LW Activists, Big Pharma

@Lars - Moderates

@Ich_bin_Tyler - Moderates, Big Corporations, Globalists

@Vols21 - Conservatives, Big Agriculture, Big Corporations, Big Oil & Gas, RW Media, Free-Trade

@Willthescout7 - Conservatives, Traditionalists, RW Populists, Nationalists, Theocrats, RW Activists

This may have been counted wrong - point out errors if you find them. 💖

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

@Arkansas Progressive everyone should have at least one interest and at least one lobby, except for very rare scenarios.  I’m not at my computer, but I’ll take a look in a bit to see what’s going on with Lars faction

Lars was weird since he didn't qualify for them (less than 10 pops) and the card minimums were met elsewhere

I noticed that the rules state that the reformist sp interest card can not go to a moderate faction. I get the logic of this rule in the abstract, but it is a little confusing when the game has a lot of statesmen in game who hold both reformist and moderate, like LBJ, Harry Truman, Birch Bayh, and Al Gore Sr, to name a few. I think the only special interest my faction qualifies for is Expansionist, when I hold 12 reformists, 9 of them moderates. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

I noticed that the rules state that the reformist sp interest card can not go to a moderate faction. I get the logic of this rule in the abstract, but it is a little confusing when the game has a lot of statesmen in game who hold both reformist and moderate, like LBJ, Harry Truman, Birch Bayh, and Al Gore Sr, to name a few. I think the only special interest my faction qualifies for is Expansionist, when I hold 12 reformists, 9 of them moderates. 

That's why I have people looking over my shoulder lol. Except you never had reformist

Edited by Arkansas Progressive

5 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

That's why I have people looking over my shoulder lol. Reformist is taken

Right but the rules state that multiple factions can share a special interest, and that " All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians"

So my faction would get reformist, since I have 12 reformists, but reformist can't go to a moderate faction so then it goes to my next highest number with a sp interest, which is expansionist with 8. The only time a special interest wouldn't go to any faction at all is if no faction has at least 5 statesmen with the corresponding sp interest. 

12 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

@vcczar

1 minute ago, ShortKing said:

Right but the rules state that multiple factions can share a special interest, and that " All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians"

So my faction would get reformist, since I have 12 reformists, but reformist can't go to a moderate faction so then it goes to my next highest number with a sp interest, which is expansionist with 8. The only time a special interest wouldn't go to any faction at all is if no faction has at least 5 statesmen with the corresponding sp interest. 

No no I get that. You'd qualify for expansionists by virture of it being you next closest elligible interest

I think the lobbies rules also suggest that since multiple factions can share a lobby, if a faction doesn't qualify for any lobby outright, they get the lobby that their faction has the highest number of statesmen for, which for Lars is the Military-Industrial lobby. 

I think I got confused on the minimum politician requirements for ideologies and the like, along with the card-era min on the sheet, and the apparently mendel diagram requiring levels of thought needed to assign interests and lobbies

I'm gonna redo it keeping to ideologies first.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

Apparently Ted also gets a special interest which I'd somehow forgotten: civil rights, LW Activists, Pacifists

I think Ted only gets LW activist,  All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians.

He has 12 LW act, only 11 Civil rights, if he had one fewer lw activist statesment, the rules lead me to believe he'd get both and also expansionists (also 11), but I don't think he qualifies for pacifist, he only has two, and it can't go to a faction with less than 5 statesmen holding the sp interest card. 

2 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

I think Ted only gets LW activist,  All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians.

He has 12 LW act, only 11 Civil rights, if he had one fewer lw activist statesment, the rules lead me to believe he'd get both and also expansionists (also 11), but I don't think he qualifies for pacifist, he only has two, and it can't go to a faction with less than 5 statesmen holding the sp interest card. 

Wait never mind, LW activist can not go to a faction that doesn't hold the liberal, prog, or LW pop card. His faction leader is still JFK, so he holds moderate. I think he only qualifies for Civil Rights and Expansionist. 

Mark, Pman, and OrangeP have a majority pols with Liberals, so liberals go to them

Mark and Orange P also have the most Progressives, so they get that card by Liberal adjacency

SK, Lars, Tyler, and PotatoTed have the most Moderates, so they get that card

Vols, Will and BradleyG have the most Cons, so they get that card

and finally, Traditionalists go to Bradley and Will