The Political Lounge

AMPU Political Parties

5 minutes ago, Timur said:

One is Kanye West's party, the other could be a good name for a joke party. In Germany, there's a joke party called "Die PARTEI" or "The Party".

Oh my god.  I just looked it up and you're right.  I can't believe he seriously ran as a member of the Birthday Party.

It might make more sense to replace the nationalist populists with the "Patriot Party" since that was the name of the Trumpist 3rd party being floated around after the Capitol Riots and to change nicknames like "Know Nothing" to the actual name of the party like "Native American Party". In a similar vein as the Patriot Party suggestion, I think it might be worthwhile to change fictional names like "American Fascist Party" to the names of real third parties like "The American Nazi Party". Finally, and unrelated, where would the Union Party (1936) or the proposed Share the Wealth third party be on here? I'm assuming they'd be left wing populists but they also had fascists like Gerald L.K. Smith in their ranks.

Edited by eveofanticreation