The Political Lounge

Playtest Presidents

vcczar

I want to compile a list of all the presidents from the playtests. Just let me know their names, party, and length of service. Also, let me know which playtest this is from. I'll keep editing this top post to include what you post below:

@Cal @ConservativeElector2 @MrPotatoTed @Rodja @matthewyoung123 @Willthescout7 @Lars @jvikings1 and anyone else who is in a playtest. 

PLAYTEST PRESIDENTS

1772 (multi-player I)

1. Benedict Arnold-F, 1789-1793
  2. Francis Lightfoot Lee-DR, 1793-1797
  3. Pierce Butler-F, 1797-1805
  4. Daniel Hiester-DR, 1805-1809
  5. Samuel Osgood-F, 1809-

1772 (multi-player II)

1. John Bartram-?, 1781-

1772 (single-player)

1. Abraham Whipple-F, 1789-1793
  2. Peleg Arnold-DR, 1793-1797
  3. John Marshall-F, 1797-

1788 (Original Playtest; defunt)

1. George Washington-F, 1789-1797
  2. Albert Gallatin-DR, 1797-1801
  3. Alexander Hamilton-F, 1801-1809
  4. Aaron Burr-DR, 1809-1813
  5. Henry Clay-F?, 1813-1821
  6. Andrew Jackson-D?, 1821-1829
  7. Henry Clay-W?, 1829-

1788 (2nd playtest ever; defunct)

1. George Washington-F, 1789-1793
  2. Thomas Paine-DR, 1793-1801
  3. Oliver Ellsworth-F, 1801-1805
  4. Philip Reed-DR, 1805-

1788 (3rd playtest ever?; defunct)

1. George Washington-F, 1789-1797
  2. Thomas Paine-DR, ????
  3. Aaron Burr-DR, ????
  4. James Jackson-DR, ?????

1. William Henry Harrison-W, 1840-1845
  2. William Marcy-D, 1845-1849
  3. Millard Fillmore-W, 1849
  4. Jame Broom II-W, 1849-1853
  5. James K Polk-D, 1853-

1. Woodrow Wilson-D, 1913-

1960 (defunct playtest)

1. John Bricker-R, 1961-

2000 (defunct playtest)

1. George W Bush-R, 2001-2009
  2. Joe Biden-D, 2009-

1. Mark Warner-D, 2017-
  • Like 1
  • Based 1

1840 Playtest-

9th President- William Henry Harrison, OH, Whig, 1840-44.  He didn't die in 1841 like he did historically.

10th President- William Marcy, NY, Democrat, 1844-48.  Narrowly lost re-election when it went to the House of Representatives and the Supreme Court upheld Fillmore's election.

11th President- Millard Fillmore, NY, Whig, 1848-49.  Fillmore and a number of other important politicians died when a cannon exploded on the USS Princeton.  VP becomes President.

12th President- Jacob Broom II, PA, Whig, 1849-52.  Another election that went to the House, and again, the challenger won.

13th President- James K. Polk, TN, Democrat, 1852-current (in the playtest).  Polk was serving as the Speaker of the House when elected President.  He would have won outright had there not been a 3rd party candidate that took critical electoral votes away from him.  The House resolved the issue with Polk being awarded the Presidency. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1772 Playtest

1st President - Benedict Arnold, Federalist, 1789-1793

2nd President - Francis Lightfoot Lee, Democratic-Republican, 1793-1797

3rd President - Pierce Butler, Federalist, 1797-1805

4th President - Daniel Hiester, Democratic-Republican, 1805-1809

5th President - Samuel Osgood, Federalist, 1809-Present

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1772 single player playtest

In a world where the Constitution allows all races to vote but women are still left out and slavery continues to exist in 12/13 states...

1st President - Abraham Whipple, Federalist (though the party didn't have a name yet).  1789-1793.  Whipple was an Admiral who made a name for himself during our invasion of Canada in the midst of the American Revolution.  (We lost the invasion, but Whipple was the one good part of that debacle.)  John Hancock, from the opposing party, was his VP.

2nd President - Peleg Arnold, Arnoldian Democrat-Republican.  1793-present (1796).  Arnold (after serving at the Constitutional Convention, the Senate, and creating our Navy) was President Whipple's Secretary of Treasury before becoming President himself.  His Vice President is Daniel Boone.

Edited by MrPotatoTed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• vcczar pinned this topic

There was also the 2000 playthrough many rules changes ago.

2001-2009: George Bush, Republican.  Convinced Democrats to give him the line item veto, used that to get unlimited Presidential terms, declared wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, AND Russia (over Georgian invasion).  Russia was a bridge too far, leading to his defeat.

2009-?: Joe Biden, Democrat.  Everyone was sure it would be Hilary, but Joe pulled off a deal that I think maybe included Hilary as VP.  Plus thanks to Bush, Biden took office with the line item veto AND unlimited Presidential terms.

13 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

1960 playthrough (LBJ and Nixon both decline to run)

1960-? John Bricker (Former Senator and Gov of OH) with VP Paul Lexalt (Attorney General of NV).  They defeated John F Kennedy and his running mate…actor Ronald Reagan.

This playtest isn't active is it?

Also, @ everyone I've updated the original post to reflect the presidents. 

1. Does anyone know who was elected president in older playtest, going back as far as the original playtest? Maybe @ConservativeElector2 or @MrPotatoTed know. 

2. Any other playtest out there not on the list? @matthewyoung123 I think you have a singleplayer 1772 right? 

One thing I'm noticing is that we have not had three terms of the same party in power. Better news is that we haven't had one party in power the entire time!

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

1. Does anyone know who was elected president in older playtest, going back as far as the original playtest? Maybe @ConservativeElector2 or @MrPotatoTed know. 

2. Any other playtest out there not on the list? @matthewyoung123 I think you have a singleplayer 1772 right? 

One thing I'm noticing is that we have not had three terms of the same party in power. Better news is that we haven't had one party in power the entire time!

Yes, but we are still in the Revolution.  Haven't made it to Constitutional Convention yet.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I remember in the REALLY old version, I started with President Washington who served two terms. Following was President Thomas Paine, who really drove the country in ruin. After that, Aaron Burr and James Jackson (IRL a senator from Georgia I think) became the first post 12th Amendment ticket. Somehow, James Jackson became President and the military dictatorship event hit and he passed the rolls to do it, ending that playthrough IIRC.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Maybe the Botanist found the herb for everlasting life!

The best part is that the rules state you automatically retire if you’re over 100. 

He’ll be EXACTLY 100, so he gets the opportunity to run for another term if he chooses (I haven’t found the rules on that yet)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think the original playtest had Andrew Jackson as the final president. This was way back in the old forum. 

I remember one ended with the final ticket being Quincy III and Stephen Van Rennselaer (which I tried VERY hard to make happen for VP lol)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Let me know if this needs to be updated. 

1840 Playtest- James K. Polk wins reelection in 1856 becoming the first President since Andrew Jackson (and the first one in this playtest) to win a 2nd term of office.  However, he does it with only 42% of the popular vote, as the Whig Party splits and the Know-Nothing/American Party wins in three states.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, vcczar said:

I found the original playtest data. I had actually saved the history page:

1788 1792 1796 1800 1804 1808 1812 1816 1820 1824 1828
President G Washington G Washington A Gallatin A Hamilton A Hamilton A Burr H Clay H Clay A Jackson A Jackson H Clay
VP J Adams T Jefferson A Burr O Wolcott Jr O Wolcott Jr/none T Jefferson O Horsey J Quincy III JB Varnum/none M Van Buren S Van Rnnslr
State J Jay J Adams T Jefferson T Jefferson T Jefferson JQ Adams JQ Adams JQ Adams L Cass J Buchanan  
Treasury A Hamilton A Hamilton J Madison R Morris H Clay AJ Dallas JJ Crittenden JJ Crittenden/M Van Buren TH Benton WH Crawford  
War H Knox/J Trumbull Jr H Knox S Smith H Lee III B Stoddert WH Crawford W Scott R King E Livingston J Barbour  
Att Gen J Bartlett J Jay JB Varnum S White JQ Adams L Lincoln Sr J Marshall J Marshall R Saunders L Woodbury  
PM Gen J Langdon J B Varnum H Dearborn D Porter W Pinkney T McKean CC Pinckney D Daggett J Forsyth DD Tompkins  
Navy n/a G Cabot G Cabot P Hamilton J Adams R Smith BW Crowninshield BW Crowninshield S Decatur J Branch  
Interior n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a J Monroe D Clinton  
Amb 1 E Gerry J Madison E Telfair JQ Adams H Dearborn WR King R King J Eaton J Buchanan T Pinckney  
Amb 2 G Morris B Franklin W Pinkney N Macon J Marshall E Livingston R Rush JM Wayne J Madison E Livingston  
Amb 3 T Pickering T Pickering A Gregg W Pinkney N Macon WT Barry L Cass JE Howard WH Crawford L Cass  
Com. Gen. J Trumbull Jr/H Knox B Lincoln B Lincoln B Lincoln B Lincoln B Lincoln/A Jackson A Jackson W Scott W Scott W Scott  
Focus Gen n/a n/a n/a T Sumter T Sumter T Sumter WH Harrison J Brown J Brown J Brown  
Focus Gen n/a n/a n/a SR Bradley SR Bradley SR Bradley S Van Rnnslr S Van Rnnslr S Van Rnnslr S Smith  
Focus Gen n/a n/a n/a S Van Rnnslr S Van Rnnslr H Dearborn H Dearborn H Dearborn H Dearborn H Dearborn  
Focus Gen n/a n/a n/a C Pinckney C Pinckney C Pinckney C Pinckney RM Johnson RM Johnson RM Johnson  
Ch. Admiral J Barry J Barry J Barry J Barry J Barry J Barry OH Perry OH Perry OH Perry OH Perry  
Focus Admiral n/a B Stoddert B Stoddert B Stoddert/S Decatur S Decatur S Decatur S Decatur S Decatur MC Perry MC Perry  
Focus Admiral n/a P Henry P Henry P Henry/I Hull I Hull I Hull I Hull I Hull I Hull I Hull  
Focus Admiral n/a n/a n/a J Langdon D Porter D Porter D Porter D Porter D Porter D Porter  
F Gov - New England A Ward JQ Adams J Adams J Adams J Brooks J Brooks E Gerry W Plumer JQ Adams E Everett  
F Gov - Mid-Atlantic A Burr A Gallatin D Clinton A Burr A Gregg A Hamilton A Gallatin D Clinton D Clinton T Freylinghsn  
F Gov - Upper South H Lee III WR Davie H Lee III A Jackson A Jackson A Jackson/J Marshall T Jefferson D Crockett W Carroll WP Mangum  
F Gov - Deep South W Moultrie J Milledge W Moultrie W Moultrie WH Crawford G Troup G Troup J Taylor G Moore G McDuffie  
F Gov - Midwest n/a n/a n/a WH Harrison WH Harrison WH Harrison n/a WH Harrison WH Harrison WH Harrison  
F Gov -Gr Plains n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a J Miller  
Speaker J Dayton J Dayton J Dayton J Dayton J Dayton J Dayton J Dayton L Cheves L Cheves L Cheves  
H Min Leader J Madison E Gerry S Adams A Gallatin A Gallatin A Gallatin L Cheves J Dayton H Clay H Clay  
Focus Rep B Franklin W Bingham J Marshall J Adams AJ Dallas HG Otis H Lee III W Wirt W Wirt J Monroe  
Sen Maj Leader R Sherman R Sherman JA Bayard Sr F Muhlenberg F Muhlenberg JA Bayard Sr JC Calhoun JC Calhoun JC Calhoun D Webster  
Sen Min Leader T Jefferson A Burr F Muhlenberg JA Bayard Sr JA Bayard Sr F Muhlenberg JA Bayard Sr D Webster D Webster JC Calhoun  
F Sen - New England J Sullivan F Ames N Chipman F Ames J Langdon J Quincy III J Langdon D Webster I Tichenor J Quincy III  
F Sen - Mid-Atlantic G Clinton G Clinton H Latimer P Muhlenberg DD Tompkins G Clinton DD Tompkins A Burr A Burr A Gallatin  
F Sen - Upper South T Jefferson B Harrison V J Iredell J Randolph J Madison J Madison J Madison A Jackson J Eaton N Macon  
F Sen - Deep South J Milton J Rutledge A Baldwin CC Pinckney CC Pinckney C Tait P Butler WCC Claiborne WR King E Fromentin  
F Sen - Midwest n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a B Tappan B Tappan B Ruggles B Tappan B Tappan  
F Sen - Great Plains
                  JB Thomas  
Chief Justice O Ellsworth O Ellsworth O Ellsworth O Ellsworth O Ellsworth TB Adams TB Adams TB Adams TB Adams TB Adams  
AJ C Strong C Strong C Strong C Strong C Strong C Strong C Strong A Hamilton A Hamilton HG Otis HG Otis
AJ S Chase S Chase S Chase S Chase S Chase/E Randolph E Randolph J McLean J McLean J McLean J McLean J McLean
AJ T Sedgwick T Sedgwick T Sedgwick T Sedgwick T Sedgwick J Story J Story J Story J Story J Story J Story
AJ C Lee C Lee C Lee C Lee C Lee W Pinkney W Pinkney W Pinkney W Pinkney A Macomb A Macomb
AJ R H Harrison R H Harrison RH Harrison RH Harrison F Freylinghsn W Johnson W Johnson W Johnson W Johnson W Johnson W Johnson
AJ           S Dana S Dana S Dana S Dana S Dana  
Party Leader A Gallatin A Gallatin A Gallatin A Burr A Burr A Burr T Jefferson J Madison A Jackson A Jackson  
Party Leader A Hamilton A Hamilton A Hamilton A Hamilton A Hamilton J Brooks H Clay H Clay H Clay H Clay  

I will repeat this a million times over, There needs to be an archive per game within AMPU, that shows this data, election histories, events, laws passed etc. per playthrough

1 hour ago, themiddlepolitical said:

I will repeat this a million times over, There needs to be an archive per game within AMPU, that shows this data, election histories, events, laws passed etc. per playthrough

I’ve already mentioned it to Anthony as something I want in it. 

• Like 1