The Political Lounge

Who would you vote for part III

Eugene

Who would you vote for  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

I imagine Patine would have good intentions and a platform that wouldn't alarm me too much -- but that he would be unable to work with...anybody. ;c)

I never played backyard baseball and had not heard of Pablo before this poll began, but everyone's so excited about him that I assume people like him enough that he could achieve things with congress.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I imagine Patine would have good intentions and a platform that wouldn't alarm me too much -- but that he would be unable to work with...anybody. ;c)

I never played backyard baseball and had not heard of Pablo before this poll began, but everyone's so excited about him that I assume people like him enough that he could achieve things with congress.

Yeah, this is the issue I have when considering Patine for any position in the world--no matter how high or low--I don't think he can work with anybody and I don't think he can make a quick, decisive decision on a routine basis, even though I would probably agree with him, ideological, on everything that he wants to do. 

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Fortunately for all of your fears, I would still take the William Tecumseh Sherman and Todd Robert Lincoln and decline any directly elected and obvious position of power (unless you're planning to nail me with Roman Republic-style mandatory obligatory acceptance of office if elected, in case, political exile may be in order). Just so everyone's clear and on the same page. 😉

You’re too pure for this world

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Fortunately for all of your fears, I would still take the William Tecumseh Sherman and Todd Robert Lincoln and decline any directly elected and obvious position of power (unless you're planning to nail me with Roman Republic-style mandatory obligatory acceptance of office if elected, in case, political exile may be in order). Just so everyone's clear and on the same page. 😉

But what if you were forced to in a "serve as president or @MrPotatoTed will burn Rocky De La Fuente alive with his neocon powers" situation?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Exile you say, like Napoleon to Elba! 😛 

16 hours ago, Pringles said:

I'm afraid I couldn't vote for Patine unless his opposition was the equivalent of Mish. Or PP. 😛

Or NewAnarchist, Koneke, or JohnnyK...

• Agree 1

Just now, Dobs said:

I often forget you're old enough to remember the days of koneke and johnnyK

I read 270soft forums, I saw some posts they made/or mentions of them.

2 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Lol JohnnyK

*gets criticized once*

*leaves and never comes back*

6D31EE37-5D6A-447E-A543-0C4BA69CDC71.jpeg.0b14cf7b667eb957685e7e17355480a8.jpeg

He leaves and never comes back after being criticized once?!

Edited by Timur
  • Like 1

Just now, Patine said:

Yes, his, "Confederacy survives," election scenarios were pure bias and agenda-driven historical revisionism. And though he didn't have Cuba and Northern Mexico annexed like some such alternate history types do, it was a great case in magical realism, in that events in the whole rest of the world has absolutely no impact at all on any social, economic, political, or military affairs in his view of this Confederacy (growing global anti-slavery trends were easily ignored, and the cotton flowed freely and profitable to foreign markets with the slave labour stain, with no issues, and the pressures of the World Wars were harmless background static), and political parties stayed at mid-19th Century ideology in a strange homeostasis - despite such a nation being a logical hotbed for growing Marxist and Fascist sentiment in the 1920's onward. Magical thinking, indeed. Off to Never-Never Land!

Well, I don't know what his agenda or beliefs were (except Trumpism), but it is impossible creating a realistic alternate history.

3 minutes ago, Timur said:

Well, I don't know what his agenda or beliefs were (except Trumpism), but it is impossible creating a realistic alternate history.

A New England one would be interesting, though.