The Political Lounge

Best Country in Asia

Timur

Pick all the countries which should advance to the next round  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which countries should advance?

2. 2. 2

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Are you going to repeat Russia, Turkey, and Cyprus for Europe and Egypt for Africa?

Probably yes.

Edited by Timur

I have also selected Japan, Taiwan, Israel and Cyprus (I don't really consider Israel and Cyprus as being Asian countries though). On the whole I'd support to view Europe and Asia as one continent (Eurasia?) and finally getting rid of this artificial, ridiculous and unclearly defined border(s).

39 minutes ago, Patine said:

I work with a lot of Filipino/as, and from dealing with them, and hearing about their nation, and everything I've heard about the above three, I must stand firm to my statement. I suspect (though am not assuming, but suspect) that political and diplomatic - even military - portrayals from Western, especially, U.S. Government sources, are affecting your stance on this, moreso.

And you likewise have the same experience with Japanese, Taiwanese, South Korean, and Israeli people? Because I might suspect that a bias towards one group with which you interact may be affecting your stance.

8 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm disappointed at the lack of comparative love for the Philippines (I know it's gotten three compared to many one's - but there's two sevens and an eight there). This is the Asian country probably closest - culturally, socially, and even politically - to our most cherished and comfortably familiar Western values - significantly moreso than Japan, South Korea, or Israel are, certainly. I just thought I'd bring this up.

Unfortunately, I don't know well about the country.

I was tempted to vote for Afghanistan, but some of their human rights abuses prevented me...