The Political Lounge

All-Time NFL RP Thread

vcczar

Game #2 of Week 1: @ConservativeElector2 def. @WVProgressive 13 to 3. 

In both games, the die rolls have favored the defenses. 

Leading passer in the game: Brees had 225 yrds 1 td and 1 int @ConservativeElector2, while PManning had 2 ints. 

Leading rusher: Walter Payton is the first 100 yard rusher of the season with 100 yards (all yardage stats are in increments of 25 or 10 by the way). @ConservativeElector2, while Tomlinson had 50 yrds.

Leading receiver: Gronkowski had the most receptions with 6. Rice had the only rec TD @ConservativeElector2, while Randy Moss had the most yards with 100 @WVProgressive

Defense Player of the game: Reggie White had an insane 3 sack game. @ConservativeElector2

ST player of the game: Morten Andersen with two FGs @ConservativeElector2

Reggie White is also MVP of the game. 

The main issue is that CE2s pass defense is slightly better than WVPs pass offense and the same was the case with the rushing game. This put WVP at a handicap on every possession. Whereas, CE2 pass offense is much better than WVP pass defense. However, WVP pass defense got lucky role, which kept the game close. 

Both games this season have been defensive. 

• Like 1

TheMiddlePCPU defeats CPU1 17-13

Passing leader: Steve Young (MiddlePCPU) is the first 300 yard passer of the season. Throws 2 TDs and 1 INT. 

Rushing leader: Eric Dickerson (MiddlePCPU) with 45 yrds. Running game just could not take off in this game. 

Receiving leader: Larry Fitzgerald (MiddlePCPU) with 7 rec for 100 yards. However, teammates Drew Pearson and Antonio Gates got the TDs. Reggie Wayne caught a TD from John Elway on the other team. 

Defensive leader: No clear stand out. Mark Gastineau got 1 sack for MiddleCPU, while CPU1 saw Charles Haley with a sack and Dick Night Train Lane with an INT. 

ST leader: Garo Yepremian got 2 FGs. 

Game MVP is Steve Young, despite a weak 2nd half. Was on pace for 400 yards and 4 tds after the first half. 

@ConservativeElector2 @Rezi @jvikings1 @WVProgressive

So the simulations are just not coming out realistically. For whatever reason, the offenses are consistently thwarted by the defenses. I did a few simulations and it's a struggle to get two teams with 20 pts and I'm yet to get a score in 30 pts. 

I think this is what I gotta do, but it will have to wait until Summer, most likely: I'm going to recreate the league using either Football GM, Football Mogul, or another game. I think Football Mogul simulates more realistic stats.

In the meanwhile, I'll try and think of some other kind of RP that might be simpler while I'm this busy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1