The Political Lounge

Steam Game Recommendation

vcczar

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

How does one even, "win," a game like that? I've wondered, in fact, just what possible resolutions were being planned, or possible, for things like The Walking Dead or 28 Days or such, as well. How are these things expected to wrap up? Seriously?

The game is not winnable.  The opening screen informs you “This is how you died.”  So you know up front that your character will eventually die. In fact, most of the time you’ll die within a single day.  But every now and then you manage to string a few lucky breaks together and live long enough to actually strategize, and in a game this difficult, every hour you didn’t die feels like a victory. Ha.

@vcczar Just wanted to tell you I'm giving Eu4 another chance. Game's changed a lot since I actually played it 4 years ago. But I admit, it's improved, and I am having fun as the Pope. I leave you with a picture and GIF of my feelings in this war I participated in to help Austria... (Austria wasn't too smart against the weak Burgundians lol. So I left the war.)

unknown.png

Montypython Draw GIF - Montypython Draw Flesh Wound - Discover & Share GIFs

• Based 1

7 hours ago, Pringles said:

@vcczar Just wanted to tell you I'm giving Eu4 another chance. Game's changed a lot since I actually played it 4 years ago. But I admit, it's improved, and I am having fun as the Pope. I leave you with a picture and GIF of my feelings in this war I participated in to help Austria... (Austria wasn't too smart against the weak Burgundians lol. So I left the war.)

unknown.png

Montypython Draw GIF - Montypython Draw Flesh Wound - Discover & Share GIFs

In my current game, I’m playing as Saxony. I recommend downloading the extended timeline from the workshop. 

• Based 1

11 minutes ago, Mark_W said:

I got Project Zomboid on your say so @MrPotatoTed, had a jumpscare opening a door into a zombie and spilt tea all over my laptop. I’d like compensation.

The jump scares are the BEST!  Haha.  Sorry about your laptop, though.

I've never seen it myself, but I've heard that somewhere randomly on the map, you'll open a bathroom door and discover like a hundred zombies in there.  Ha.  So be careful with EVERY door.

Best practices: 

Peak in a window first if one is available

Don't choose "deaf", as you can usually hear zombies behind doors (but not always)

Get really good at opening and then immediately shutting the door again -- this will let you see into the room but will usually keep yourself from getting eaten.

Open a door and just start swinging before you've even registered mentally whether the room is occupied or not. haha.

• Thanks 1