The Political Lounge

Who wins 2022 US Senate Races?

vcczar

Who wins 2022 US Senate Races?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. AK - *Solid R*

• Lisa Murkowski - Independent R (Incumbent)
    • Kelly Tschibaka - Trump R
    • Al Gross - Independent D
  2. 2. AZ - *Tossup*

• Mark Kelly - D (incumbent)
    • Jim Lamon - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  3. 3. CO - *Likely D*

• Michael Bennet - D (incumbent)
    • Ron Hanks - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  4. 4. FL - *Leans-to-Likely R*

• Marco Rubio - R (incumbent)
    • Val Demings - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  5. 5. GA *Toss-up*

• Rev. Raphael Warnock - D (incumbent)
    • Herschel Walker - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  6. 6. MO *Likely-to-Solid R*

• Eric Schmitt - R (incumbent party) (currently leading GOP primary polling)
    • Lucas Kunce - D (currently leading Dem primary polling)
  7. 7. NV *tossup*

• Catherine Cortez Masto - D (incumbent)
    • Adam Laxalt - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  8. 8. NH *Lean D*

• Maggie Hassan - D (incumbent)
    • Donald Bolduc - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  9. 9. NC *Lean R*

• Ted Budd - R (Incumbent party) (leading GOP primary polling currently)
    • Cheri Beasley - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  10. 10. OH *Lean R-to-Likely R*

• Mike Gibbons - R (incumbent party) (leading GOP primary polling currently)
    • Tim Ryan - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  11. 11. PA *Tossup-to-tilt R*

• David McCormick - R (incumbent party) (leading GOP primary polling currently)
    • John Fetterman - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  12. 12. WI *Tossup-to-tilt R*

• Ron Johnson - R (incumbent)
    • Mandela Barnes - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)

5 hours ago, Patine said:

I actually looked up this Vance guy, as he seems a bit divisive. Strangely, Wikipedia doesn't state his exact and specific platform and views. It says he's a, "Conservative commentator who could be considered a populist conservative," but that, alone, in and of itself, doesn't say much, specifically, in American politics, anymore. Otherwise, it only says who backs him. No specific platform or policies, as I said, curiously enough.

Do not trust Wikipedia on American politics. Maybe check the "Talk" page?

14 minutes ago, Patine said:

Joe Biden and the Democratic Party of the United States, "Radical Left?" That's funny, in a gallows humour sort of way. McCarthyist brainwashing of the American zeitgeist still lingers, and effectively, it seems, to this very day (as does Goebbels' school of propaganda, unfortunately). And I'm still having a hard time finding real information on this Vance guy's actual platform and policies, specifically.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/15/politics/jd-vance-republican-strategy-trump/index.html

1 hour ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

Mandel must be fuming right now.

As with most people who bend over backwards and publicly humiliate themselves to curry Trump's favor, Trump betrayed him.

It is mind boggling that, six or seven years after Trump entered the political arena, people still expect their loyalty to him to be recognized or rewarded in any way.

He DELIGHTS in betraying people who sing his praises.

How do people not recognize this?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Zenobiyl said:

Mandel right now

And this is why I've always thought Vance would probably come out to win... 

Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watches. And while others act, he plans."

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Trump is not unique in this. I believe his good buddy in the Kremlin, Vladimir Putin, runs a similar racket of sniveling sycophants who he then betrays and replaces, too. American media just doesn't go into the gritty and exhaustive details of how that is, in Russia.

I agree, mostly.  The incredibly incompetent invasion of Ukraine has revealed to me just how Trump-like Putin is.  Previously, it was covered up by the lack of freedom of the press and insular nature of Russia.  But now it's become very clear just how weak and pathetic Putin and his regime are.

2 minutes ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

John Kasich 3rd party run let’s go.

I'd happily support that, but as an Ohio resident: It ain't happenin'.  This here is Trump country, through and through.  And I live only minutes from a city.  It gets worse the farther out you go.

Some of my neighbors STILL have Trump 2020 signs up -- and half of them crossed Pence off of it after Jan 6.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I'd happily support that, but as an Ohio resident: It ain't happenin'.  This here is Trump country, through and through.  And I live only minutes from a city.  It gets worse the farther out you go.

Some of my neighbors STILL have Trump 2020 signs up -- and half of them crossed Pence off of it after Jan 6.

The Dick Cheney Democrat in Trump Land. 

Quite the setting I must say. 😛 😎

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Ha, we're jumping ship, I'm afraid.  Putting the house on the market next month.  Heading back to my blue hometown of Pittsburgh.

That big city suburban life eh 😛 Couldn't do it myself. But I suppose I don't blame you 😛 

ohio has kinda always sucked ngl

Wish you the best though in moving. Hopefully it isn't too much a hassle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

Dick Cheney Democrat? I'm not sure quite what that means. Then again, a lot of American political labels seem as arbitrary, bizarre, nonsensical - and, notably often, wrongfully used by definition - as their buzzwords and catchphrases of infamy, lately. But, okay... It's not me who has to face an American ballot box, and I am thankful for that every November (even though Canadian thanksgiving is in October). 🤪

For "Political Beliefs" on my old Myspace page, I described myself as a "Dick Cheney Democrat.  I believe in freedom for everybody -- and shooting anyone who disagrees."

That was a joke, of course.  But also a somewhat accurate shorthand representation of my socially liberal, economically moderate, foreign affairs conservative beliefs.

• Based 1

6 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

For "Political Beliefs" on my old Myspace page, I described myself as a "Dick Cheney Democrat.  I believe in freedom for everybody -- and shooting anyone who disagrees."

That was a joke, of course.  But also a somewhat accurate shorthand representation of my socially liberal, economically moderate, foreign affairs conservative beliefs.

That’s basically Sen Scoop Jackson from the 1970s

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Based 1

1 hour ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

John Kasich 3rd party run let’s go.

I know who I'd support...

• Based 1

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, given you've called me an, "extremist beyond the reach of reason," just for holding and sticking to beliefs and views that anger and offend you (though you still hold such views that bring out such emotions in me, as well), it can't be TOO far off.

You said you were forgiving me and everyone else.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Patine said:

@MrPotatoTed Although, I think dividing foreign and military affairs into, "conservative," and, "liberal," is highly inaccurate labelling. "Imperialistic," "Hawkish," "Defensive," "Cooperative in Peacekeeping Only," and, "Dovish," do not really match the above axis, across the board, are completely axis of ideology than domestic conservativism, moderation, liberalism, progressivism, social democracy, and what have you, and don't tend to line to said labels reliably at all. The Cold War Soviets and Americans were about as hawkish, as were the dominant branches of the Democrats and Republicans in the Cold War era. Ron Paul is more dovish, by nature, than most Democrats. Modern Popes are among the biggest advocates for true dovish policies among world leaders. Etc.

Would it surprise you to learn that I was referencing the ideologies of the era in which I have actually spent my entire adult life living in?

38 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have. I make that statement in a matter-of-factly way, responding to you defining, "Dick Cheney Democrats," and with no bitterness. I wasn't preparing to re-ignite those disputes. Don't get me wrong.

I lived in that era, as well. I didn't say you hadn't. It just strikes me that foreign and military affairs need a separate axis of terminology, because the standard ideological terms used for domestic policy seem awkward to apply, and don't often seem to line up. That is all I was saying.

Fair enough.  I was confused by all the Cold War comparisons, when the Cold War ended 20 years ago.  Given that you know of my vocal support of Bush's actions on the foreign affairs front (though I disagreed with his social policies), I think you completely understood what I meant by conservative foreign affairs views.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Matt Dolan seems to be gaining momentum. I don't think he'll win, but one can always hope...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Timur said:

Well, Matt Dolan seems to be gaining momentum. I don't think he'll win, but one can always hope...

Ironically, Trump's endorsement could end up screwing up the race in OH by splitting the vote for Dolan. Vance was dead in the water before getting endorsed and was not likely to be a factor. If Trump endorses Mandel, this race is likely over.

23 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Vance won let’s goooooo

the Whaley Dem who won the gov primary looks great too. I hope she beats Dewine

Why is DeWine bad?

45 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Vance won let’s goooooo

the Whaley Dem who won the gov primary looks great too. I hope she beats Dewine

A Vance-Whaley voter might be the most cursed thing I’ve heard all day

• Based 1