The Political Lounge

Untitled Shakespeare Game Playtest

23 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

I get three actions, sorry about the late response.

@WVProgressive's Edward Byron, impressario of Buckhurst's Men has the following three actions:

1. first action doesn't fire as the company hasn't a playwright under contract to write a poem to a prospective donor
  2. Purchase the Decameron of Boccaccio at the booksellers
    1. While wandering by the various bookstalls next to St Paul's Cathedral, your eye catches a several tales of Boccaccio's Decameron that have been translated into English by various authors. No doubt, this book could help in the production of plays set in Italy or lend to prestige at home when notable guests arrive. The price for all of these is 20 pounds.
    2. Responses: A) Use personal cash to put the books in your personal library to impress guests [adds to prestige]; B) Use company cash to have the books for company use to aid playwrights in writing Italian plays [provides a small boost]; C) decline the purchase
  3. Doesn't fire because you haven't a playwright to randomly leave to join a sea voyage. 

With this, we're all done with our first actions, I'll move on to the next part once @WVProgressive responds. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Purchase the Decameron of Boccaccio at the booksellers

1. While wandering by the various bookstalls next to St Paul's Cathedral, your eye catches a several tales of Boccaccio's Decameron that have been translated into English by various authors. No doubt, this book could help in the production of plays set in Italy or lend to prestige at home when notable guests arrive. The price for all of these is 20 pounds.
  2. Responses: A) Use personal cash to put the books in your personal library to impress guests [adds to prestige]; B) Use company cash to have the books for company use to aid playwrights in writing Italian plays [provides a small boost]; C) decline the purchase

B

• Thanks 1

@WVProgressive @Willthescout7 @ShortKing@10centjimmy @Bloot911 @OrangeP47 @ConservativeElector2

Alright impressario's fill out the following:

1. Do you wish to disband your company?
  2. Do you wish to fire an actor to have that actor randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired?
  3. Do you wish to fire a staff worker to have that staff worker randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired?
  4. Do you wish to replace your manager? If so, do you pick another company employee or do you seek a random replacement. 
  5. Will you go on tour this season or will you stay in London? [note: you'll generally make more money in London, but the costs are higher. Touring is generally a desperation move when really poor or when there's a pandemic.]

After you respond to this, we will select venues. I'll be away most of the day, so responding to this will be all we'll do today.

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:
  • Do you wish to disband your company?
  • Do you wish to fire an actor to have that actor randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired?
  • Do you wish to fire a staff worker to have that staff worker randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired?
  • Do you wish to replace your manager? If so, do you pick another company employee or do you seek a random replacement. 
  • Will you go on tour this season or will you stay in London? [note: you'll generally make more money in London, but the costs are higher. Touring is generally a desperation move when really poor or when there's a pandemic

1. No

2. Fire support: Henry Cod

3.  Fire prompter Erasmus Barton

4. Stay in London - I think I have to since I opened and signed a year lease with the Red Lion Playhouse

Edited by 10centjimmy

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

@WVProgressive @Willthescout7 @ShortKing@10centjimmy @Bloot911 @OrangeP47 @ConservativeElector2

Alright impressario's fill out the following:

1. Do you wish to disband your company?
  2. Do you wish to fire an actor to have that actor randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired?
  3. Do you wish to fire a staff worker to have that staff worker randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired?
  4. Do you wish to replace your manager? If so, do you pick another company employee or do you seek a random replacement. 
  5. Will you go on tour this season or will you stay in London? [note: you'll generally make more money in London, but the costs are higher. Touring is generally a desperation move when really poor or when there's a pandemic.]

After you respond to this, we will select venues. I'll be away most of the day, so responding to this will be all we'll do today.

1. Do you wish to disband your company? No.
  2. Do you wish to fire an actor to have that actor randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired? Yes, fire our Lead Dramatist William Barfly.
  4. Do you wish to replace your manager? If so, do you pick another company employee or do you seek a random replacement. No.
  5. Will you go on tour this season or will you stay in London? [note: you'll generally make more money in London, but the costs are higher. Touring is generally a desperation move when really poor or when there's a pandemic. I'll stay in London.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:08 AM, vcczar said:
  • Do you wish to disband your company? No
  • Do you wish to fire an actor to have that actor randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired? Yes, Mathias Hall
  • Do you wish to fire a staff worker to have that staff worker randomly replaced. If so, who will be fired? Yes, Geoffrey Nevinson
  • Do you wish to replace your manager? If so, do you pick another company employee or do you seek a random replacement. No
  • Will you go on tour this season or will you stay in London? [note: you'll generally make more money in London, but the costs are higher. Touring is generally a desperation move when really poor or when there's a pandemic.] Stay in London

Sorry for the late reply!

• Thanks 1

@OrangeP47 fails to find a replacement for Sheraton and is forced to take Sheraton back in. Sheraton's loyalty drops. You'll want to wait until next year to see if someone has aged into an adult on the free agent list. You won't be able to know who is or isn't a free agent on the PC game, so doing this will happen occasionally. If I add any more actors for 1576 so someone is grabbed, they'll all be crappy fictional ones, so better to keep who you have [The issue is that of all the free agent actors, none are adult actors!].

@10centjimmy has the same issue with Cod and Barton, since once has to be an adult to be staff. I am yet to create ability #s for most staff positions, so you could be throwing away a good prompter. I'll reveal these numbers at some point in the near future. 

@WVProgressive has the same issue with Barfly. 

@Bloot911 has the same issue with Makepeace

@ShortKing has the same issue with Hall and Nevinson

Alright, so that was all mostly worthless. My fault. Even though playing the PC version, you wouldn't know that all the adult actors/staff were taken already. At least I know you're all staying in London. Let me also tag @ConservativeElector2 @Willthescout7 for this next part. 

Next will be Performance Venues. Rather than you type out an entire list, I'm going to create a tab this afternoon where you'll just put your name next to the venue on the specific day. This will make it easy to see if a place is occupied or not. It will also be a lot less work for you than the old system. 

Alright. Here's the next phase: 

1. Will you purchase a play that you don't currently have? See Published Plays tab. 

2. Will you hire a freelance playwright? The only option is John Lyly right now. 

3. If you have a playwright or hire Lyly, will you grab a play idea? You'll get a random idea. Unless one grabs Lyly, the only companies that have people capable of writing plays right now are @10centjimmy (Earl of Oxford) @OrangeP47 (Farrant) @ShortKing (Tarlton) and @WVProgressive (Wilson). 

Of the above, note that Tarlton and Wilson writing plays will impact their ability to act at a top level. Also note that writing plays can be expensive as you have to pay the playwright for a month of playwriting, then about 5 pounds for the finished play, and then even more to license the play. I'd recommend having at least 100 pounds in company cash before even considering it.