The Political Lounge

"Always stand on principle...even if you stand alone." -- A Single Player 1772 Adventure

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm of two minds.  Maybe an event, but way later, and low chance or something.  Like math it so it's not likely to have another shot to rejoin, but it could happen one out of 10 times if you done screwed up.

Or, alternatively, give Vermont another chance if the US takes Canada in 1812.

3% of US-Vermont War

• Haha 1

INITIAL COUNT

Ignoring Dunmore Proclamation, it's a slave states problem:

CT: 2/3 AYE
DE: 1/2 Abstain
GA: 1/2 Abstain
MA: 4/4 AYE
MD: 3/4 AYE
NC: 1/3 NAY
NH: 2/2 AYE
NJ: 3/3 AYE
NY: 0/3 NAY
PA: 4/4 AYE
RI: 1/1 AYE
SC: 1/2 Abstain
VA: 3/4 AYE

Currently have 80% of the voting states (only need 66%)

IGNORING VERMONT STATEHOOD:

CT: 2/3 NAY
DE: 2/2 AYE
GA: 2/2 AYE
MA: 2/4 Abstain
MD: 3/4 AYE
NC: 0/3 NAY
NH: 2/2 AYE
NJ: 3/3 AYE
NY: 0/3 NAY
PA: 4/4 AYE
RI: 0/1 NAY
SC: 1/2 Abstain
VA: 1/4 NAY

6/11 states (55% -- the proposal to ignore VT is currently failing).

LeeCPU GA Governor Edward Telfair: Volunteers funds to federal government.  (No impact)

PaineCPU MA Governor Samuel Adams:  Abolishes slavery!  PaineCPU +350

EllsworthCPU MD Governor William Paca:  Volunteers funds to federal government.  (no impact)

HancockCPU NC Governor Richard Caswell: Encourage privateering and blockade running. (No impact)

HancockCPU NY Governor George Clinton: Improves finance industry.  NY now leads the financial industry.  EV will improve +1 in next census.  HancockCPU +100, FranklinCPU +100.

FranklinCPU PA Governor Benjamin Franklin:  Improves finance industry.  PA now tied with NY again for leading the financial industry.  HancockCPU+100, FranklinCPU +100.  Also volunteers state funds.  Military Preparedness improves by one!  Except...I just realized that not only is it not possible to improve the military prep any higher because we don't have a standing army...but it also can't even stay at it's current level because we ALSO don't have a Militia Act (and can't, until after we have a constitution, which can't happen until after we win the Revolutionary War).  So...that's fun.  Our Military Preparedness actually drops by two, near end-of-game mode, and it's going to have to stay there for a while.

EllsworthCPU RI Governor Nicholas Cooke: Encourages the fight for liberty.  (No impact.)

6 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Military Preparedness improves by one!  Except...I just realized that not only is it not possible to improve the military prep any higher because we don't have a standing army...but it also can't even stay at it's current level because we ALSO don't have a Militia Act (and can't, until after we have a constitution, which can't happen until after we win the Revolutionary War).  So...that's fun.  Our Military Preparedness actually drops by two, near end-of-game mode, and it's going to have to stay there for a while

Seems... dumb.

Jefferson better be a FREAKING good ambassador or players aren't going to survive this start date

Edited by 10centjimmy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 10centjimmy said:

Seems... dumb.

Jefferson better be a FREAKING good ambassador or players aren't going to survive this start date

Agreed.   We're about to see how it goes!

(Technically, Jefferson's skill level doesn't even matter.  You just need any ambassador, to have a % chance of getting the alliance with France.  Any bozo off the street has the same chance of getting the alliance.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Agreed.   We're about to see how it goes!

(Technically, Jefferson's skill level doesn't even matter.  You just need any ambassador, to have a % chance of getting the alliance with France.  Any bozo off the street has the same chance of getting the alliance.)

Also interesting... so there's a challenge for folks - win independence without France or Spain!

1778: The Revolutionary War, Take Two!

We still need to win 1 Naval Phase and 5 Ground Phase battles.

When we last left our heroes, they had not won a single battle...and that was back when I thought the military preparedness was actually higher than it is allowed to be in this era.  

NAVAL BATTLE

Planning: Sec of War/Defense/Navy (0) + @10centjimmy Senior Admiral Daniel Morgan (4) = 4
Admiral:  @10centjimmy Senior Admiral Daniel Morgan (4) x 10 = 40
Meters: Immediate Defeat.

Oh, okay.  Cool. 

SECOND NAVAL BATTLE 

Planning: Sec of War/Defense/Navy (0) + @10centjimmy Senior Admiral Daniel Morgan (4) = 4
Admiral:  PinckneyCPU Admiral Benedict Arnold (3) x 10 = 30
Meters: +10
Military Benchmarks: +15
Difficulty: Easy -0
Chance of Success: 59%
Outcome: SUCCESS!

Admiral Benedict Arnold has secured our naval borders!  Unfortunately, there are no cool perks from winning easy battles, but take the victory nonetheless.

On to the ground battles!

GROUND BATTLE ONE

Planning: Sec of War/Defense/Navy (0) + @10centjimmy Senior General Israel Putnam (3) = 3
General:  EllsworthCPU General Nathanael Greene  (3) x 10 = 30
Meters: +10
Difficulty: Difficult -25
Chance of Success: 33%
Outcome: FAILED.

Need five ground battles to win the war, or 9 more losses to lose it, game over.  But that's the end of the military phase for now.

For losing the majority of the battles he was associated with (one), @10centjimmy Senior General Putnam loses -1 Admin.

JayCPU Caleb Strong (x2) 
- Boycott British Goods
- Organize territory West of Virginia (KY)

RandolphCPU Cornelius Harnett (x2) 
- Privatize Bank of North America

- Request War Funding From States 

RandolphCPU Christopher Gadsden 
- Set up system for exchanging POWs

FranklinCPU John Bayard (x2) 
Send Official Proclamation Encouraging Foreign Soldiers to Join the Cause of Independence
- Southwest Territory (TN)

BooneCPU William Blount 
- Territory calling itself Vermont (VT)

PinckneyCPU John Witherspoon
- Move capital to New York

Edited by MrPotatoTed

REVOLUTIONARY WAR: CANADIAN INVASION

"Blame Canada!  Shame on Canada!  They're not even a real country anyway..."

We need to win one Naval battle and 2 Ground battles.  On paper, this sounds way easier than winning the American Revolution.  However, a grand total of only three losses will bring defeat.

Also, a General or Admiral can't fight in two wars at once, so those who just fought in the American Revolution naval and ground battles aren't available here.

NAVAL BATTLE:  
Planning: Sec of War/Defense/Navy (0) + @10centjimmy Senior Admiral Daniel Morgan (4) = 4
Admiral:  EllsworthCPU Admiral Abraham Whipple (2) x 10 = 20
Meters: +5
Difficulty: Medium - 10
Chance of Success:  34%
Outcome:  SUCCESS!

EllsworthCPU Admiral Abraham Whipple gains Leadership and loses obscure.

@10centjimmy Senior Admiral Daniel Morgan gains +1 Military (he now has five!) and +1 Command.

On to the Canadian ground invasion!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

JayCPU Caleb Strong (x2) 
- Boycott British Goods

Send Official Proclamation Encouraging Foreign Soldiers to Join the Cause of Independence

BooneCPU William Blount 

I wish they'd make the cabinet so we can get that military bonus...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

They can't until the Constitution is formed.  Which can't happen until the war is over. 

My bad, I could've sworn i saw something along those lines in the leg Prop but I bet it was before the filter was set up!

But even still, all these Territories aren't useful when we're losing the wars... Spain ministry would've been more helpful

Edited by 10centjimmy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

JayCPU Caleb Strong (x2) 
- Boycott British Goods

BooneCPU William Blount 

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.  CPU can block and replace one proposal, and decide whether to package.

DOMESTIC LeeCPU 

FOREIGN PinckneyCPU 
- Boycott British Goods (Can't be blocked)
- Territory West of Virginia (KY) (Can't be blocked)
Send Official Proclamation Encouraging Foreign Soldiers to Join the Cause of Independence (Can't be blocked)
- Southwest Territory (TN) (Can't be blocked)
- Territory Calling Itself Vermont (VT)

ECONOMIC PinckneyCPU 
- Request War Funding from States

JUDICIAL @10centjimmy 
- Set up system for POW exchange with British

3 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

My bad, I could've sworn i saw something along those lines in the leg Prop but I bet it was before the filter was set up!

But even still, all these Territories aren't useful when we're losing the wars... Spain ministry would've been more helpful

Yep, I filtered out most of the things that have triggers we haven't met yet.

I actually don't know that Spain minister would be all that helpful either.  I don't think there's a Spain Alliance event (I could be wrong) and there's no actual diplomacy phase during the revolutionary war.  

Only things to do right now are to hold the country together as best as we can, develop future leaders, and hope to either get lucky on the French alliance roll during the Scripted Events tab or to get WILDLY lucky during the battle rolls.  ;c)

• Haha 1