The Political Lounge

AMPU To Do List - Completions List

vcczar

Alright, so I went through all the terminology polls and feedback. A lot of the polls were about evenly split, which means I didn't make too many changes. Those that have changed on the statesman spreadsheet (still need changing on the rules, and etc are):

• Start dates are now starting cycles. 1788 is now 1788-1790. I realized I'd already applied this on rules 2.1 a month or ago. 
  • The trait "Cop" is now the trait "Lawful."
  • The trait "Low Brow" is now the trait "Everyman." I am keeping Egghead because we were evenly split between that and Policy Wonk. 
  • Military expertise--although not military ability--is now called Army expertise

• Like 2

3.0.35 Secessionist Politicians

In the event of succession, use the following rules for politicians within the respective seceding states:

• If the Civil War involves Southern Secession

• 90% chance of politicians with the ideologies Liberal, Progressive, and LW Pop staying with the Union

• 99% chance of politicians that are black staying with the Union

• 50% chance of politicians with Nationalist will stay with the Union

• 10% chance of Moderates from the Upper South will stay with the Union

• 10% chance of a Moderate from the Southwest will stay with the Union

• 5% chance of Conservatives from the Upper South will stay in the Union

• 3% chance of a Moderate from the Deep South will stay in the Union

• If the Civil War involves Northern Secession

• 50% chance of politicians with the ideologies Moderate will stay with the Union

• 75% chance of politicians with Nationalist will stay with the Union

If a figure is a national figure from a seceding state, then use the following: 

• A Gov, US Sen, and US Rep of a seceding state is 5% more likely to secede.

• The President, VP, his or her cabinet, and cabinet-level officers are 10% less likely to secede

• SC Justices are 25% less likely to secede

• Generals and admirals are 10% less likely to secede

Those that defy their secessionist state will earn the trait, “Union Loyalist,” which will give a presidential ticket +1 party preference during the Civil War or Reconstruction, so long as one member of the presidential ticket has this trait. However, after Reconstruction, this politician gets -1 in elections in their state. 

Those that secede will be temporarily unavailable until the war ends and secessionists are pardoned. Those that were rolled to be the President and General in Chief of secessionists states might be barred via legislation from coming back, even while the rest of the secessionist returned. While unavailable, all secessionists can still retire or die via random death or end of half-term retirements. Obviously, if the Civil War is lost, then those that seceded will be unavailable until reunification. 

If a Draft Takes Place during a Civil War, those from the states in secession can still be drafted but will follow the same temporarily unavailable rules above.

• Like 2