The Political Lounge

AMPU To Do List - Completions List

vcczar

4 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

Also since we changed state biases, we need to return to the d6 die in the elections, and not use the d3

This HAS to happen. D3 almost completely breaks the fluidity and excitement of the election phases. It is too linear, too predictable, and too unfair to be fun for players. 

The updated state biases all hinge on thr D6 in order to allow upsets but at a realistic pace. Good meters and a lucky roll can lead to surprises. D3s don't. It is impossible for the underdog to win. The winner of the election will always simply be whomever the historical bias favors at the time.

Finally, with the D6 we are getting realistic results, midterms matter, but at a realistic level. Presidential elections are exciting and competitive when they should be.

• Like 3

@MrPotatoTed you had mentioned rising sea level events. I've had them in there, but they didn't say what they did. They now deplete half the EVs in the states affected which are then given randomly to states in interior regions at the next Census. They don't occur until Distant Future though, since they're so drastic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@MrPotatoTed you had mentioned rising sea level events. I've had them in there, but they didn't say what they did. They now deplete half the EVs in the states affected which are then given randomly to states in interior regions at the next Census. They don't occur until Distant Future though, since they're so drastic. 

*said half sarcastically* But muh sea colonies.

Thought though seriously, could the sea colony stuff counteract this?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Awesome.  I was actually going to recommend EV should be impacted.

Half feels strong.  Does half of Texas’ population live in Gulf cities?  (Maybe they do, I don’t know)

12 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Awesome.  I was actually going to recommend EV should be impacted.

Half feels strong.  Does half of Texas’ population live in Gulf cities?  (Maybe they do, I don’t know)

I'm going to say it also means it just too damn hot there. It requires that the Planet's Health is really low, so it can be avoided. The entire Southwest can become virtually uninhabitable if all the climate events play out. You'll have a low population TX again. 

In other news, @ everyone, finished dividing up the Scripted Events. 

Gotta take off. Later I'm going to make Start date politicians for 2024 (leaving some of the spots blank) and for 2048, which will use young politicians today who will be presumably alive and no fictional generated politicians as default in office. I know the issues is that there won't be any young politicians in office, for that start date, but oh well. I might make Buttigieg the president, since he's @MrPotatoTed's favorite and he's done a ot of work on the game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm going to say it also means it just too damn hot there. It requires that the Planet's Health is really low, so it can be avoided. The entire Southwest can become virtually uninhabitable if all the climate events play out. You'll have a low population TX again. 

In other news, @ everyone, finished dividing up the Scripted Events. 

Gotta take off. Later I'm going to make Start date politicians for 2024 (leaving some of the spots blank) and for 2048, which will use young politicians today who will be presumably alive and no fictional generated politicians as default in office. I know the issues is that there won't be any young politicians in office, for that start date, but oh well. I might make Buttigieg the president, since he's @MrPotatoTed's favorite and he's done a ot of work on the game. 

Also, putting Buttigieg as the President for 2028 starts will be future-historically accurate.  Haha!

Figured out the state biases for the Era of the Distant Future. 

What I need to find now is where I've listed all the historical EVs, including those for Era of the Future. I just don't remember where I put them. They don't seem to be in the spreadsheets I expected them to be in. 

When I have more time, I'll search for those, and then type it all out if I need to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Figured out the state biases for the Era of the Distant Future. 

What I need to find now is where I've listed all the historical EVs, including those for Era of the Future. I just don't remember where I put them. They don't seem to be in the spreadsheets I expected them to be in. 

When I have more time, I'll search for those, and then type it all out if I need to. 

Huh, that's funny.  I've got the tab in my game as "HistEVs", but there doesn't seem to be a correlating master sheet.  Maybe you just inserted it into whatever game we were playing at the time, without creating a master?  If so, feel free to steal it out of my game, I haven't edited what you created there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Huh, that's funny.  I've got the tab in my game as "HistEVs", but there doesn't seem to be a correlating master sheet.  Maybe you just inserted it into whatever game we were playing at the time, without creating a master?  If so, feel free to steal it out of my game, I haven't edited what you created there.

I might just do that so I don’t have to dig got it, although I created EVs for hypothetical states too. PM me the link to your spreadsheet in case I can’t find mine, please. 

Added, but have not yet filled out, the following new Legis Props:

Break Up Car Dealership Monopolies by Requireing the Sell Various Brands of Cars to Drive Down Costs
Ban Tipping and Require Standard Wages for These Professions
Require Public Schools To Teach Sex Education Throughout K-12
Ban Sugar from Breakfast Cereals
Major Tax Increase to Luxury Goods such as Yachts, Expensive Fine Arts, Vacation Homes, Personal Limos, etc.
Standardize Food Expiration Dates and Strictly Regulate Them
Ban Slot Machines
Ban Solitary Confinement
Ban Outsourcing Work to Freelancers
Increase Taxes on Vehicles Owned by Non-Handicapped Citizens to Encourage Public Transportation Use
Dissolve the TSA and Leave Airport Security to the Private Sector
  • Like 1

@MrPotatoTed suggested a change to gerrymandering since we now have House seats and the action was made before I ever made house seats. Anyway, Gerrymandering now shifts bias in house deviations by +1 to the Gov's party, except those at +5 for the other party. That's just because the gerrymandering doesn't always change every district. 

Gerrymandering can only happen once every 10 years per state. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

As @Arkansas Progressive suggests, I've change the election die roll from D+3 to D+6. However, I thought the election results were quite accurate. I'd like someone to try out some elections with D+6 so I know I don't have to switch it back. 

I’ll be doing elections today and can use a D6.  That said, things on the meters are so strongly pro blue that the D6 might not help much. Haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MrPotatoTed As suggested. Rule 3.0.24 now updated:

The US Census will automatically be in play when the US Constitution is adopted, and the new census effects will be visible at the beginning of every Half-Term of a US Census Year. That is, the half-term in which an election will end with a 2, so 1792, 1802, 1812, 1822, 1832, and so forth, will show new or lost seats/EVs for each state for the upcoming election. The old census US House seats will be held by the incumbents until this election takes place, then the new seats are applied.

Since you'll be going through elections for the playtest, just delete the Census references that don't need to be there now.

• Like 1

I've made the rev-budget meter a little more lenient on restrictions. I can't just get rid of the restrictions because these sorts of restrictions really hampered the nation until we became so powerful we could ignore them. In fact, this might be too lenient, but we will try it. I'm welcome to other input from other players, such as @Cal @Arkansas Progressive @Willthescout7 and anyone else keep a close eye on the game:

Spending Bill Restrictions? Yes, only 2, excluding for crises Yes, only 4 non-crisis; no restrictions to deal with crises Yes, only 5 non-crisis; no restrictions to deal with crises Yes, only 6 non-crisis; no restrictions to deal with crises