ebrk85

36 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Party Leader Vote- Round 1

Gov Earl Warren- 1+1=2

Admiral William Leahy- 1+2=3

Rep John Davis Lodge- 2+5=7

Clare Booth Luce- 3+5=8

Sen Robert Taft- 2+5=7

Needed 14 votes. Top 2 plus ties move on. Warren and Leahy are eliminated.

@Joe303300 @Bloot911 who do you vote for? Lodge, Luce or Taft?

Not that I want to throw anyone's vote but historically Taft was known as Mr. Republican 

Party Leader Vote- Final Round

Clare Boothe Luce-3+5+1=9

Sen Robert Taft- 2+6+3=11

Need 11 votes.

@Bushwa777 Sen Robert Taft is elected Republican Party Leader

Sen Taft gains +1 Command, +3 in all primaries while party leader, 100pts

Enthusiasm Changes

Cons +2 Red (now +1 Red)

Libs -1 Red (passes leadership roll so no drop/ remains at Blue +1)

Party Pref -1 due to uncharismatic leader now back to neutral. 

Edited by ebrk85
  • Based 2

That will do it for tonight as we now move onto 2.3, the appointments phase.

@Rodja President Truman you are up! Please see 2.3.1 for the exhaustive rules set.  All positions needing nominees may be found in the Executive tab (I've hidden the rest) and open military slots in the Military tab.  Since this is our first time appointing cabinet members I will be acting like we are starting from scratch and will not be enforcing the incumbent limit since they haven't served us yet.

2.3.1 Presidential Appointments

The President may appoint members of his cabinet, cabinet-level positions, ambassadors, Generals, Admirals, and other notable individuals during this phase

1 hour ago, ebrk85 said:

That will do it for tonight as we now move onto 2.3, the appointments phase.

@Rodja President Truman you are up! Please see 2.3.1 for the exhaustive rules set.  All positions needing nominees may be found in the Executive tab (I've hidden the rest) and open military slots in the Military tab.  Since this is our first time appointing cabinet members I will be acting like we are starting from scratch and will not be enforcing the incumbent limit since they haven't served us yet.

2.3.1 Presidential Appointments

The President may appoint members of his cabinet, cabinet-level positions, ambassadors, Generals, Admirals, and other notable individuals during this phase

Remember Mr. President,  a truly worthy man would appoint a bipartisan cabinet. 

PRESIDENT TRUMAN APPOINTS HIS CABINET

President

Harry S. Truman @Rodja

Vice President

Alben W Berkley @jnewt

Secretary of State

Keep Dean Acheson @Murrman104

Secretary of Treasury

Henry Morgenthau @10centjimmy

Secretary of Defense

Keep James Forrestal @Rodja

Attorney General

Tom C Clark @Murrman104

PM General

Richard J Daley @jnewt

Secretary of Interior

Keep Oscar Chapman @Murrman104

Secretary of Agriculture

George L P Radcliffee @ShortKing

Secretary of Commerce

Keep Charles W Sawyer @ShortKing

Secretary of Labor

Eleanor Roosevelt  @Rodja

CIA Director

Allen Dulles @Bushwa777

FBI Director

Keep J Edgar Hoover @Rezi

UN Ambassador

Phillip Klutznick @10centjimmy

Fed Reserve Chair

Sinclair Weeks @Joe303300

No Key Advisor.

@Rodja  

Mr. President,

I congratulate you on your start of bipartinship.  It does my heart good to see how you are willing to work with us.  That being said there are two parts of the red faction that have no one named from them to your cabinet or your military.  Could you try to name one at least from each faction?  If you do that I promise you a smooth confirmation vote in the Senate as far as I, as Senate Minority Leader, can have happen.  

Thanks,

Senate Minority Leader Robert Taft 

Edited by Bushwa777
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

@Rodja  

Mr. President,

I congratulate you on your start of bipartinship.  It does my heart good to see how you are willing to work with us.  That being said there are two parts of the red faction that have no one named from them to your cabinet or your military.  Could you try to name one at least from each faction?  If you do that I promise you a smooth confirmation vote in the Senate as far as I, as Senate Minority Leader, can have happen.  

Thanks,

Dear Senator Taft,

I hold the bipartisan principles of unity very dearly to my heart as I believe you do and that's why I some very qualified Republicans as a part of the team that will guide America through the next 4 years.

Having that said,democracy is majority making decisions and majority of the American people voted for Democrats and our agenda and I believe my cabinet represents the vision Americans overwhelmingly supported and so,I am not very eager to make unnecessary changes.

What I can promise you is that I will make sure that Sec.Acheson considers some very qualified Republicans to represent our country abroad and I expect from you to make sure your party supports the team I entrusted with sacred task of serving our nation.

I hope this letter finds you well,

Harry S Truman

President of the United States

• Thanks 1
  • Based 1

35 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Dear Senator Taft,

I hold the bipartisan principles of unity very dearly to my heart as I believe you do and that's why I some very qualified Republicans as a part of the team that will guide America through the next 4 years.

Having that said,democracy is majority making decisions and majority of the American people voted for Democrats and our agenda and I believe my cabinet represents the vision Americans overwhelmingly supported and so,I am not very eager to make unnecessary changes.

What I can promise you is that I will make sure that Sec.Acheson considers some very qualified Republicans to represent our country abroad and I expect from you to make sure your party supports the team I entrusted with sacred task of serving our nation.

I hope this letter finds you well,

Harry S Truman

President of the United States

@Rodja

Dear Mr. President, 

I thank you for your kind letter and the promise of bipartisanship from you.  I thank you that you have promised that some of my people will go to ambassadorships across the nation.

I promise that as far as your agenda meets ours, we will support this administration but if it does not I cannot promise that I will not push back as I am sure you will not when the Reoublicans beat you in the 1950 midterms.

Yours

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rodja said:

CIA Director

Allen Dulles @Bushwa777

Allen Dulles (Cons) refuses to serve in a Liberal administration. @Rodja please select a new nominee

A President (or other appointer) may choose cabinet members from the opposing party– however, they can only accept if they are the President’s ideology, moderate, marked as “can party switch”, marked as “can be independent”, have integrity, or they are the incumbent cabinet member being offered the opportunity to remain in their current position.  The cross-party nominee cannot have Controversial.  In all cases, the nominee can not be more than one ideology slot away from the opposite party President.

All others accept their nominations.

Per a previous rule change the President directly appoints all Ambassadors, Generals and Admirals. So you may submit those nominations as well.

14 hours ago, Rodja said:

Secretary of State

Keep Dean Acheson @Murrman104 Incumbent

Secretary of Defense

Keep James Forrestal @Rodja Incumbent

Secretary of Interior

Keep Oscar Chapman @Murrman104 Incumbent

Secretary of Commerce

Keep Charles W Sawyer @ShortKing Incumbent

Secretary of Labor

Eleanor Roosevelt  @Rodja Has Integrity

FBI Director

Keep J Edgar Hoover @Rezi Incumbent

Fed Reserve Chair

Sinclair Weeks @Joe303300 Admin Level of 3 or more

The above nominees (with reasons why) are all auto-confirmed.