The Political Lounge

AMPU: 1948 Playtest - The Nuclear Age

ebrk85

26 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Ok whew. I can officially say committee rolls not my favorite. Moving on!!

@Joe303300 @Bloot911 @Rezi @WVProgressive @Bushwa777 @10centjimmy @jnewt @Rodja @ShortKing @Murrman104

Red Team when making your selection, please let me know if they will also be running for Party Leader.

Everyone can also select their Faction Name (Nickname). I am not sure if everyone has access to the list of options on the rules doc. If you don't let me know and I'll provide the list.

2.2.3 Faction Leaders Selected:

An elected President is automatically the leader of their faction.  Otherwise, the faction chooses their leader -- the leader must have:

• The faction leader must have an Ideology, and either an Interest or Lobby that matches the cards of the faction, since he or she is expected to represent that faction.

• Faction leader must have “Leadership”

• cannot be on the “career track.”

• cannot have the trait “lackey”

• cannot have the “obscure” trait.  

• A non-president, non-incumbent party leader with “passive” has a 25% chance of declining the role, unless they are the only option.

• If no statesmen meet these requirements, then omit the “leadership” and “lackey” requirements.. If they still can’t meet the requirement, omit the interest/lobby requirement.  If they still can’t, void the “career track” and “obscure” trait requirements and settle exclusively for having the right ideology.  If a career track politician ends up as faction leader, they immediately resign from the career track and receive any benefits they’ve earned from the years they served (rounded down).

I'm proud to stick with our President Harry Truman!

Dwight D Eisenhower shall lead the Anti-Communist Republicans. 

Despite having the sitting Vice President, Chief Justice, two Associate Justices, Attorney General, Senate Majority Leader, House Majority Whip, and Secretary of Labor, as well as former Vice Presidential nominee Burton K. Wheeler, former Secretary of Labor Frances Perkins is my only eligible candidate for faction leader (the others are all obscure lol).

Only three options for nicknames as well, so we'll be the Perkinsonian Democrats.

22 minutes ago, Rodja said:

I'm proud to stick with our President Harry Truman!

As Faction Leader Truman gains Leadership, Uncharismatic

As Party Leader Truman gains 100pts

Enthusiasm Changes

Lib: +2 (now Blue +1)

Trad: -1 (now lean Red)

Party Preference -1 (now lean Red) for having an uncharismatic leader.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Dwight D Eisenhower shall lead the Anti-Communist Republicans. 

Eisenhower is not eligible as he Mod and you need someone Cons.  You only eligible person (not obscure with matching lobby) is Clare Boothe Luce.

Ms Luce gains Leadership

18 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Despite having the sitting Vice President, Chief Justice, two Associate Justices, Attorney General, Senate Majority Leader, House Majority Whip, and Secretary of Labor, as well as former Vice Presidential nominee Burton K. Wheeler, former Secretary of Labor Frances Perkins is my only eligible candidate for faction leader (the others are all obscure lol). (That's pretty funny lol)

Only three options for nicknames as well, so we'll be the Perkinsonian Democrats. (Can't wait to keep typing that name out 🙄)

Ms Perkins gains Incoherent

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1