The Political Lounge

AMPU: 1800 Playtest - Era of Republicanism

ebrk85

1824 Elections

@Euri @dkh64 @ShortKing @Blockmon @jnewt @DJBillyShakes @pman @10centjimmy @matthewyoung123 @Arkansas Progressive

Gov and Rep election tabs are ready for candidates. No deadline yet.

First we need to announce our Presidential candidates.

Players are allowed to run three kinds of candidates, but only two at a time: 

• Major Candidate who is aiming to be the nominee. 

• Minor Candidate who is primarily aiming to influence the race, but will accept the nomination if it falls upon them.

• Favorite Son Candidate who is primarily aiming to lock up a state’s delegation for a major or minor candidate of their choosing. These candidates cannot commit actions outside of their state and they can only run for delegates in their home state.

The incumbent president, faction leaders, and candidates with their “celebrity” trait active are automatically major candidates. If a faction does not run one of these politicians for president, then they will only control a minor candidate or favorite son as their one candidate doesn't have as much name recognition or power as a faction leader, president, or celebrity. 

20 hours ago, ebrk85 said:

1824 Elections

@Euri @dkh64 @ShortKing @Blockmon @jnewt @DJBillyShakes @pman @10centjimmy @matthewyoung123 @Arkansas Progressive

Gov and Rep election tabs are ready for candidates. No deadline yet.

First we need to announce our Presidential candidates.

Players are allowed to run three kinds of candidates, but only two at a time: 

• Major Candidate who is aiming to be the nominee. 

• Minor Candidate who is primarily aiming to influence the race, but will accept the nomination if it falls upon them.

• Favorite Son Candidate who is primarily aiming to lock up a state’s delegation for a major or minor candidate of their choosing. These candidates cannot commit actions outside of their state and they can only run for delegates in their home state.

The incumbent president, faction leaders, and candidates with their “celebrity” trait active are automatically major candidates. If a faction does not run one of these politicians for president, then they will only control a minor candidate or favorite son as their one candidate doesn't have as much name recognition or power as a faction leader, president, or celebrity. 

I’ll run Wood fir re-election unless someone on my side is desperate to lead the ticket 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

@ShortKing @jnewt who will nominate you major candidates?

@Blockmon last call, if running major also say who will nominate them

@pman congrats Pres Wood has been renominated for a 2nd term. We'll get to the platform and stuff after the D-R convention.

Andrew Jackson will run as a major,  Isaac Wilbour will run as a minor

I really think @Blockmon like a bunch of players deserve a shot at the Presidency so part of me is rooting for him but I have to be honest- I really like thinking about a world where Andrew Jackson never became President so if he's the nominee, that Pottery Barn ticket better deliver! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pman said:

I really think @Blockmon like a bunch of players deserve a shot at the Presidency so part of me is rooting for him but I have to be honest- I really like thinking about a world where Andrew Jackson never became President so if he's the nominee, that Pottery Barn ticket better deliver! 

I honestly am trying to see what the limits I can do with him, just waiting for his moment to strike

1 minute ago, Blockmon said:

I honestly am trying to see what the limits I can do with him, just waiting for his moment to strike

I had him at the start of the play test. I definitely did not build him up to say the least. At the end of the day he's still a charismatic pol from the Upper South so I wouldn't be shocked if you won the Convention unless deals get made to make someone else the candidate. 

52 minutes ago, Blockmon said:

Andrew Jackson will run as a major,  Isaac Wilbour will run as a minor

Jackson is not the President, your faction leader or a celebrity so he can't be a major candidate. Wilbur is your only option as a major.  So you can flip they if you want or do something else.

Also need who will nominate your major if you are running Wilbour.

6 hours ago, ebrk85 said:

Jackson is not the President, your faction leader or a celebrity so he can't be a major candidate. Wilbur is your only option as a major.  So you can flip they if you want or do something else.

Also need who will nominate your major if you are running Wilbour.

Ya make them opposite but  Joseph Desha will nominate him

1824 Democratic-Republican Convention

The DR's have gathered in Providence, RI for their convention. As Party Leader Othniel Looker is not running this is considered a wide-open race with no clear front runner in place.

Nomination Speeches:

@ShortKing  ???? Rolls a 4, no effect

@Blockmon Joseph Desha, Rolls 1= Lackluster speech and Wilbour gets -1 momentum

@jnewt Joseph H Nicholson, Rolls 3, no effect

Momentum going into 1st ballot:

Everyone at 0

Except Isaac Wilbour at -1