The Political Lounge

A Thread for small, low priority changes and errors.

The thing is, the constitution is by definition constitutional.  That is our reasoning for excluding amendments from scotus challenge.

The standard ratification process of course remains.  The govs get their say when each state votes yea or nay on passage.

As for your playtest, as I said, since naturally this conversation was after whatever happened, you don't have to rollback if you don't want to, as long as going forward you keep this in mind.  I understand that redoing everything is a big pain, and if it'd cause problems, you don't have to do it.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Bushwa777 you can play by the flawed original rule if you want. When I get to the gov challenge part with Anthony, I'm going to make it so Govs can't challenge amendments. At this point, most of the playtests have served their purpose for short game stuff. I'm more interested now on how the game holds up after like 50 years have passed. I'll tag @OrangeP47

Well if we are doing it this way why bother doing playtests?  Mine is doing cpu only rules which I have found confusing and redundant since they don't match with other rules but I know no one else has done cpu only

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

But I mean really, this is good, this is what we're here for.  You found a bug, and now we fixed it.  That's a contribution you can credit to yourself.

Another bug then as I mentioned cpu only does not match up with other rules.....as I have mentioned in main gm thread 

40 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Bushwa777 you can play by the flawed original rule if you want. When I get to the gov challenge part with Anthony, I'm going to make it so Govs can't challenge amendments. At this point, most of the playtests have served their purpose for short game stuff. I'm more interested now on how the game holds up after like 50 years have passed. I'll tag @OrangeP47

The 1840 playtest is still running and we are in like 1906...

• Based 1

Can someone explain in simple words how it should be counted if a platform is not totally passed?  I have read the rules but they are confusing and the way I see it I could simply make a platform and if it is not passed drop the president next time.  

4 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Can someone explain in simple words how it should be counted if a platform is not totally passed?  I have read the rules but they are confusing and the way I see it I could simply make a platform and if it is not passed drop the president next time.  

Platforms only matter with regards for determining candidate's strengths. If at least 2 planks are passed they get +2 for incumbent, if all 4 are passed, they get a +3. Otherwise nothing with regards to platforms

• Thanks 2

Want to see something as I just noted it.  The sheet says you cannot draft someone from a state until the territory is organized. Is this an old rule or did I mess up by drafting early please let me know and I will go from that from now on 

Note if this is true then Lewis and Clark cannot be drafted until Missouri becomes a territory meaning that either we have to have a Lewis and Clark expedition late OR Missouri early as soon as Louisiana Purchase is made OR like the "lee" resolution do an expedition but do not necessary name them.  

7 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

Want to see something as I just noted it.  The sheet says you cannot draft someone from a state until the territory is organized. Is this an old rule or did I mess up by drafting early please let me know and I will go from that from now on 

Note if this is true then Lewis and Clark cannot be drafted until Missouri becomes a territory meaning that either we have to have a Lewis and Clark expedition late OR Missouri early as soon as Louisiana Purchase is made OR like the "lee" resolution do an expedition but do not necessary name them.  

Can someone please answer the question above?

On 4/14/2024 at 8:14 AM, Bushwa777 said:

Yea it's been a rule for a while, that's why there's a CPU about placing backroom politics track for states that are still territoriesl

7 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

so yes do not draft or no do draft?  Because if former we cannot have a Lewis and Clark Mission until Missouri becomes a state which could take a while UNLESS you are allowed to random assign two others.  

No drafting from places that aren't territories, except if it's ME (part of MA) or WV (part of VA).

12 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Ok then it needs to be changed on Lewis and Clark as that cannot happen when it did as both are from Missouri, even though OTL Lewis was from VA and Clark from KY the game has them both from MO.  Pointing this out for fixing @vcczar

I'll check this low-priority feedback thread after the official release happens, whenever that is. We just gotta get a working game that can get played through first. 

I'm not going to look at this thread again until then, but I really appreciate you pointing stuff like this out so it can get fixed later. 

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 9:03 PM, vcczar said:

When I get to the gov challenge part with Anthony, I'm going to make it so Govs can't challenge amendments.

Rules doc has been updated to reflect this.

• Like 1

Bill Names 3.0.39

When bills are named and are packaged together, is the proposer's name taken from the bill that was first in the array? or from all bill proposers in that package? or the one that has the most points value? or randomized?

A solution could be to use the proposer's faction points as a rank (and randomize if tied)

Edited by Arkansas Progressive

Saw this in bio for Return J. Megs Jr: Colonel in the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War. An early settler of what would eventually become OH. Drafted the code of regulations used for governance until the formal creation of the Northwest Territory. Father of Gov Return J Meigs Jr.

How can he be his own father?

7 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

Saw this in bio for Return J. Megs Jr: Colonel in the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War. An early settler of what would eventually become OH. Drafted the code of regulations used for governance until the formal creation of the Northwest Territory. Father of Gov Return J Meigs Jr.

How can he be his own father?

lol someone meant son of there