The Political Lounge

Twilight Struggle Tournament

vcczar

Twilight Struggle Tournament  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interesting in playing in a Twilight Struggle tournament (forum members only)

• Yes (I already have the game on Steam)
    • Yes (but I need to get the game first)
    • No

Bought the game and have been playing/reading up on it, and I had a couple questions about how the forum competition is going to go-

-From what I've read, it seems to be generally agreed that having the US start with +2 influence is the most balanced start- will we be playing with this setup?

-Will we be using the optional cards?

On 10/19/2023 at 6:53 PM, Largo833 said:

Bought the game and have been playing/reading up on it, and I had a couple questions about how the forum competition is going to go-

-From what I've read, it seems to be generally agreed that having the US start with +2 influence is the most balanced start- will we be playing with this setup?

-Will we be using the optional cards?

We are going to use the default for the 1st tournament. It really isn't imbalanced. The USSR is just strong in the beginning, so the US has to play the long-game and hold out, until the cards get less and less strong for the USSR. If this tournament proves a success, we will play the alt version. Also, if it does seem like the USSR keeps winning, then we will applying the +2 influence, but I don't think that will be needed. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I know he probably hasn't the time for this, but I'd love it if @MrPotatoTed joined the tournament. I think he'd go in as a favorite to win once he learns the rules. @DakotaHale might be good too, as I kind of sense that his understanding of gambling and stocks would prove an advantage. 

I appreciate the invite! Just don’t have the time these days.

• Thanks 1