The Political Lounge

Democratic Shadow Campaigns

vcczar

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don’t know who that is. 

Patrick Bateman is the main character of American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, later adapted into a movie by Mary Harron, and Genevieve Turner. I’m surprised you’ve never read/watched/been exposed to it, given how popular it’s become since its release.

• Based 1

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Patrick Bateman is the main character of American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, later adapted into a movie by Mary Harron, and Genevieve Turner. I’m surprised you’ve never read/watched/been exposed to it, given how popular it’s become since its release.

I've never been someone well-connected to pop culture, and there are a lot of movies I haven't seen. I great up watching movies from 1920s through the 1950s, which I've seen a great deal of. I've seen a lot of 1980s kids movies and 1990s comedies, most of which I saw in the movie theatres in middle school. I've seen very few movies made in the 21st century and very few non-comedy, non-historical movies after the 1960s. I assumed American Psycho was either a horror movie or violent, so I've just never been interested in it. I watch more TV than movies, and most of what I watch on TV are comedies--The Office, Abbott Elementary, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and especially British comedies. 

Overall, I find it difficult to pay attention to movies and TV. I think it's ADHD. If I'm not personally doing something, I lose attention. Reading is more interactive to me because I'm at least holding the book and turning the pages and controlling the speed at which I'm taking in the information. 

In short, I don't know this movie or the three people you mention. Never even heard the names. I have heard of the movie though. It came out when I was in undergrad. 

1 hour ago, Rezi said:

That’s not very epic based sigma chad of you 

32 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I remember before TikTok culture and all happened, we American Psycho fans had our own little, obscure corner of the internet where we'd make memes and have him as our profile picture. None of the sigma-chad-based wannabe Andrew Tate kinda stuff. I was a Bateman fan as far back as... 2015 I want to say. I was actually introduced to him because of a YouTuber I used to watch a lot, who would do funny impressions of him while live streaming.

12 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'd be most excited about Ro Khanna, then either Booker or Newsom, and less excited about Pritzker. However, this order really depends on who is polling best against Trump. I set my own preferences aside to stop MAGA. 

JB has large fat man energy and is governor of the best state, it's mandatory to like him.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1