The Political Lounge

We are DOOMED.

Wiw

What will it take to get you people to see we are dead! DEAD! We did this to ourselves! We are a pack of sorry sinners who completely destroyed our once proud nations and are about to destroy the Earth! We're all going to die! We're all going to die! This city, this nation, and this world are doomed. Fare thee well, for I did not wish to see the day when you people gleefully invite atomic fire to rain from the sky. I'll see you in Hell, where we all belong.

Edited by Wiw
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've seen a lot of fucked up shit on the internet in the time I've been here. Either you want limitless attention from others or there's something genuinely wrong. I dont know. None of us truly know. Either way, I think you owe it to the people who have concern to come clean if you're fucking with them. 

1 minute ago, Patine said:

All the finesse of a charging bull, as usual. And sometimes, I admit, I wonder if you're seeking attention with some of your posts and chains of emotes, to be honest.

? I'm not one to trust the ramblings of a person we know nothing about on the internet. 

If hes faking it, that's messed up. If its genuine, I hope he gets some help. What's wrong with that?

No, I'm not dead. That last post was the result of a nervous breakdown; as a result of that, I'm leaving this forum for good. It'd been coming on a long time, but when @KittenLITERALLY endorsed starting World War III... that was the straw that broke the camel's back. You guys are just too difficult to live with. I'm out of here for my own safety and wellbeing. I never want to see you warmongers again.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wiw said:

No, I'm not dead. That last post was the result of a nervous breakdown; as a result of that, I'm leaving this forum for good. It'd been coming on a long time, but when @KittenLITERALLY endorsed starting World War III... that was the straw that broke the camel's back. You guys are just too difficult to live with. I'm out of here for my own safety and wellbeing. I never want to see you warmongers again.

I think you may need to look at something else besides that, notably professional help. If something on the internet can affect you that much, joke or no, then there is something more than that going on. Take the time you need away, likely from every platform of social media you're on. I hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

To be fair, and to be honest, the whole social zeitgeist, especially on the Internet, has become very toxic and unrestrained, and a lot of absolutely monstrous and vile things are said casually as though they meant nothing. For fear of playing the grumpy old man role, the discourse wasn't like this when I was young, and certainly not when my mother was, except in certain circles and sub-cultures who usually knew what they were in for upon mingling.

Regardless, if something causes a nervous breakdown, I'm willing to bet that it's not the content that's causing it, but something else. 

45 minutes ago, Patine said:

Environmental factors are often an important part, if not the be all and end all, certainly, of the diagnosis of mental illness, especially in more advanced stages.

I don't think Wiw logged on here more than once a week or so, or less. Not sure it's really an environmental factor. I think that there are environmental factors elsewhere, but I would probably only really count this if they were on here as much as you or I am. The last time he posted before this was December 13th, a whole month ago. Then before that little bit, November 4th. 

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Still, @Kitten's specific joke was, ultimately, disgusting and out-of-line, and the fact I was the only one to call it out as such, and that several other posters defended it, and attacked me for criticizing it, does say that maybe this forum's environment - while certainly NOT comparable to Reddit, 4chan, RPGNet, the CivFanatics OT Sub-forum, or even Anthony's site at it's lows, is accruing a degree of toxicity that maybe should stop being blissfully denied. I admit, I've contributed my share of poison to the well - but I'm not nearly the only one.

I'm not going to keep discussing someone like they're not watching, so if you feel a topic would be better brought up under the General thread, then I encourage you to do that. My original advice stands. 

2 hours ago, Hestia said:

I think you may need to look at something else besides that, notably professional help. If something on the internet can affect you that much, joke or no, then there is something more than that going on. Take the time you need away, likely from every platform of social media you're on. I hope you feel better soon. 

I wish it was that simple. A whole number of things have been torturing me - Covid, NFTs taking over the gaming market, the idea of President Trump returning, apocalyptic climate change, and yes, military conflicts. That comment was, as I say, the last straw. The circumstances have been awful these days. Now I'm just another putz who needs a straitjacket.

6 minutes ago, Wiw said:

I wish it was that simple. A whole number of things have been torturing me - Covid, NFTs taking over the gaming market, the idea of President Trump returning, apocalyptic climate change, and yes, military conflicts. That comment was, as I say, the last straw. The circumstances have been awful these days. Now I'm just another putz who needs a straitjacket.

I really do think you may be best by seeking out help - not a straightjacket, just someone to talk to. Someone I know is a healthcare worker, she's had to talk to people now after COVID has started where she wouldn't have before. There are things out there that can help you out.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Patine said:

As I've often said, to be honest, even several years ago, back on Anthony's site, and in the toxic hornet's nest of the Civ Fanatics OT Sub-Forum - Trump himself is an egotistical blowhard who does not have what it takes to full the trigger on WW3 or REALLY make the necessary moves to establish a Fascist State. He's a poser, and cares more about his PR and image than anything else - certainly more than the nation he took an oath to enforce the laws and Constitution of in January 2017. He may be smart and clever, with a toxic charisma, but he's ultimately vapid and shallow. HOWEVER, as the idiom goes, "even the <insert aggrandized position> can be judged by the company they keep." The much greater threat of Trump is not Trump, himself, but those he encourages, inspires, and seems to give free reign to who ARE absolutely atrocious people in all the ways gone on about, and when he's called upon to denounce them or call for order, he makes mealy-mouthed, non-committal verbal defecation that only ends up making things worse. He also brings out the worst in the legislative branch and media - whether for or against him - he inspires strong, often virulent feelings, and jumping to conclusions - such as, that WW3 or a Fascist State are in the offing - that have no real backing. It's no small MIRACLE he didn't take the axe that Bush left on his desk - the utter act of contempt for the U.S. Constitution and any sort of due process and legal accountability that justice has horribly failed by not bringing Bush to trial for that act of high treason - of the so-called Patriot Act. Given the all-too nebulous and open-ended definition of a, "terrorist group," in that utterly Unamerican and dystopian document of the most cynical tyranny, he could have declared Antifa, the BLM, media outlets that angered him - eventually the Democratic Party and Never-Trumpers - as, "terrorist organizations." It is a miracle, indeed, he didn't wield that tool of tyranny that should never have even existed.

Do you really think this is appropriate for the conversation right now, in this exact moment, discussing Wiws anxieties?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Hestia said:

I really do think you may be best by seeking out help - not a straightjacket, just someone to talk to. Someone I know is a healthcare worker, she's had to talk to people now after COVID has started where she wouldn't have before. There are things out there that can help you out.

I agree. and I will seek help wherever I can find it. Just don't expect me to come back here again, at least not for a long while.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Wiw said:

I agree. and I will seek help wherever I can find it. Just don't expect me to come back here again, at least not for a long while.

Godspeed, I will keep you in my prayers. I can't say I know what you're going through because I don't, but it does get better. I've always used my lowest points to build a new foundation for my life to help turn it around and I hope you can as well.

• Like 4