The Political Lounge

More 2024 Hypotheticals

vcczar

More 2024 Hypotheticals  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Biden's approval stays roughly the same (41-42% average), who is more likely to win?

2. 2. Assuming Biden's approval get to 45% average, who is more likely to win?

3. 3. Assuming Biden's approval stays roughly the same (41-42% average), who is more likely to win?

4. 4. Assuming Biden's approval stays roughly the same (41-42% average), who is more likely to win?

• Biden
    • DeSantis, but with Trump refusing to endorse him and making attacks like "He's be worse than Biden. Believe me."
  5. 5. Assuming Biden's approval stays roughly the same (41-42% average), who is more likely to win?

6. 6. Assuming Biden's approval stays roughly the same (41-42% average), who is more likely to win?

• Harris
    • DeSantis
  7. 7. Assuming Biden's approval stays roughly the same (41-42% average), who is more likely to win?

8. 8. Assuming Biden's approval stays roughly the same (41-42% average), who is more likely to win?

9. 9. Biden somehow gets his approval to 50%

10. 10. Biden somehow gets his approval to 50%

11. 11. Biden somehow gets his approval to 50%

• Biden
    • DeSantis, with Trump refusing to endorse him and attacking him more than Biden
  12. 12. Biden approval at 41-42%

• Biden
    • DeSantis
    • Trump as a 3rd party independent

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

You disagree with the need for high Government officials to have real, enforceable limits and checks on their powers and functional agencies of accountability and transparency, and an end to a culture of secrecy, and that those in high office who do break the law in office with the powers of said office should face full legal consequences for? Is this REALLY your viewpoint? And you see this viewpoint as ethical and compatible with the principles of justice, civilization, and Constitutional Government? And you call ME the extremist?!

Yes.

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, now that you've revealed your true colours as an enemy of justice for all, an enemy of accountability of Government, an enemy of the rule of law, an enemy of opposition to ALL abuses, atrocities, and crimes of state by ANY Government, an enemy of you Republic, Constitution, nation, and the principles it was founded, and - yes - an EXTREMIST because of this, I will now treat you as what you have unveiled yourself, here to be, in debate, and I enjoin everyone else on this forum who has any sense of reason, ethics, justice, and moral fibre, to do the same. You have just outed yourself as the unhinged extremist trying, in vain, to do it to me - because ONLY an unhinged extremist would possibly support the ideals you've admitted to -- and all the monstrous consequences that come of it - as being not only acceptable, but right...

Ok boomer

• Confused 1
  • Based 1

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

What, "liberty," do you speak of, exactly? This statement is nonsensical. You are bright and insightful to realize the easily-evident truth that high officials in Government committing high crimes and abuses and breaches of the trust with impunity and being above criminal and civil consequences for these things can bring no remotely possible, "liberty," to a nation - in fact, they are paving the highway to tyranny. Or do you understand this very simple and blatant fact?

You lost me at 'exactly' In plain English please?

I don't mean to get off-topic, but this is what vcczar and everyone else has been talking about your writing being completely unreadable. This is two sentences going on for nine lines. You could have gotten the same point across without the extreme run-on sentences in about a quarter of the lines. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help, because it's gotten to the point where a lot of us don't even bother to read your entire posts because they're too wordy to comprehend in a reasonable amount of time.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, now that you've revealed your true colours as an enemy of justice for all, an enemy of accountability of Government, an enemy of the rule of law, an enemy of opposition to ALL abuses, atrocities, and crimes of state by ANY Government, an enemy of you Republic, Constitution, nation, and the principles it was founded, and - yes - an EXTREMIST because of this, I will now treat you as what you have unveiled yourself, here to be, in debate, and I enjoin everyone else on this forum who has any sense of reason, ethics, justice, and moral fibre, to do the same. You have just outed yourself as the unhinged extremist trying, in vain, to do it to me - because ONLY an unhinged extremist would possibly support the ideals you've admitted to -- and all the monstrous consequences that come of it - as being not only acceptable, but right...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Patine said:

@Kitten I am still waiting to hear what, "liberty," you see being defended by criminals in Government being given de facto immunity to prosecution and other legal consequences for actions in office, since you invoked that quote and batted yourself on the back for it. I can only foresee - and I'm certainly not the only one - this immunity, and the impunity to further crimes of state if enboldens, leading to tyranny instead. What, "liberty," do you really see being protected by this lack of justice, here? I am really curious, as I cannot fathom it.

He was quoting Barry Goldwater.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

That's your opinion, and you're entitled it. I, however, will not feign admiration or agreement at all with his ideologies, which I strongly believe (and am not alone in believing this, by far) were highly misguided and would have been utterly ruinous if implemented. But I am not going to make an angry rant, or tell you you don't have the right to your viewpoint on him. I am just solidly stating mine.

Yeah of course. That was never the intention. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, that explains it. No wonder you've fed such bad ideas quoting people like him...

I don't know, I've heard pretty worse ideas like persecution and treating almost every leader of nations such as Britain, the USA, etc 😛as war criminals.

• Haha 1
  • Based 2

1 hour ago, Patine said:

"Persecution," is an odd word to apply in regards to the most powerful people in the world, politically speaking. And the laws - including international treaty laws on war crimes, crimes against humanity, and conduct of warfare, as well as, in many of those cases - ESPECIALLY the United States - the criminal and civil codes and national Constitutions of their own nations, demonstrate the very laws I speak of that are being broken routinely, and gotten away with by nothing other than fiat to use (and abuse) political power to prevent law-enforcement and trial. Now, please tell me, RATIONALLY and in a way that MAKES SENSE, why these leaders DESERVE immunity to the same laws and consequences of common citizens, and how, "liberty," is somehow being championed by promoting this immunity - and the impunity that comes from it?

Well, now that you've revealed your true colours as an enemy of liberty for all, an enemy of accountability of Government, an enemy of the rule of law, an enemy of opposition to ALL abuses, atrocities, and crimes of state by ANY Government, an enemy of you Republic, Constitution, nation, and the principles it was founded, and - yes - an EXTREMIST because of this, I will now treat you as what you have unveiled yourself, here to be, in debate, and I enjoin everyone else on this forum who has any sense of reason, ethics, justice, and moral fibre, to do the same. You have just outed yourself as the unhinged extremist trying, in vain, to do it to me - because ONLY an unhinged extremist would possibly support the ideals you've admitted to -- and all the monstrous consequences that come of it - as being not only acceptable, but right...

• Based 3

1 minute ago, Patine said:

*Blinks*

You fail!

Well, now that you’ve revealed your true colours as an enemy of liberty for all, an enemy of accountability of Government, an enemy of the rule of law, an enemy of opposition to ALL abuses, atrocities, and crimes of state by ANY Government, an enemy of you Republic, Constitution, nation, and the principles it was founded, and - yes - an EXTREMIST because of this, I will now treat you as what you have unveiled yourself, here to be, in debate, and I enjoin everyone else on this forum who has any sense of reason, ethics, justice, and moral fibre, to do the same. You have just outed yourself as the unhinged extremist trying, in vain, to do it to me - because ONLY an unhinged extremist would possibly support the ideals you’ve admitted to — and all the monstrous consequences that come of it - as being not only acceptable, but right... 

• Based 3

1 minute ago, Kitten said:

NGL if there's one thing I like about Trump it's his faces at the debates lol 

I like his food habits. Can’t say I wouldn’t also have a Diet Pepsi button.

Just now, Kitten said:

Actually I like that too! Diet soda is kinda gross tho lol. Well if you drink a lot of it lol.

The new coke zero is bomb ngl 

• Based 1

Just now, Kitten said:

Actually I like that too! Diet soda is kinda gross tho lol. Well if you drink a lot of it lol.

Any soda is gross if you drink too much ha. I just prefer diet because it’s technically less unhealthy because of sugar intake.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

McDonald's is low-grade drivel - practically inedible, except for it's coffee. I eat my burger and fries fast foods at A&W, Wendy's, or Harvey's.

Diet Coke is laced with aspartame - or the sweet-tasting rat poison that was corruptly pushed past the FSA by Donald Rumsfeld, long before he was George W. Bush's Master Butcher.

I agree with you on McDonald’s. I like the taste but it always makes me hate myself when I eat it. I’d probably stick to Burger King and Taco Bell in his case, though Wendy’s is a good option as well.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

McDonald's is low-grade drivel - practically inedible, except for it's coffee. I eat my burger and fries fast foods at A&W, Wendy's, or Harvey's.

Diet Coke is laced with aspartame - or the sweet-tasting rat poison that was corruptly pushed past the FSA by Donald Rumsfeld, long before he was George W. Bush's Master Butcher.

McDonald's has some pretty good McFlurries 😛 and some good chicken sandwiches. The deluxe breakfast also pretty tasty.

Just now, Kitten said:

That's true! I like water more tbh.

Water's great. But with as much Sweet Tea as I drink, I no longer require it. My body is 60% tea.