The Political Lounge

Your Top 5 Funniest TV Shows of All Time

vcczar

Parks and Rec, that's my list.

I don't watch much TV in the first place, and of what I do watch, not much of it is comedy. Of the other notables, I have watched the Office, and I liked it, but don't think it deserves a spot in a Top 5. Definitely a poor man's Parks and Rec (even if it began airing first). I've watched Family Guy and The Simpsons somewhat but I don't love either of them. Both pretty hit and miss. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, South Park could probably earn a spot in the top 5. Yeah I'll add South Park, but it is still inferior to Parks and Rec.

Parks and Rec

The Office

Family Matters & Fresh Prince of Bel Air 

Anything that is Key & Peele 

Hogan's Heroes/All in the Family/ (I also enjoy a lot of old comedy TV Shows)

I could list a lot more I like but these are my top, I've combined some due to them being in the same time period or have similarities, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I loath Family Guy. "Humour," doesn't tend to get more repugnant, low-grade drivel level and make it onto a TV series than Family Guy, as well as South Park.

Family Guy can be quite witty, unlike South Park. Family Guy is kind of a mix of humors. I think you might be jumping the gun on judgment there, if you're seeing the two as similar.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I loath Family Guy. "Humour," doesn't tend to get more repugnant, low-grade drivel level and make it onto a TV series than Family Guy, as well as South Park.

I like older Family Guy episodes. I agree with you on south park though. I hate south park, I don't even get why it's funny at times. It's just cringey. 😛 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I loved these when I was a kid. Don't know if I'd watch them today.

I still watch them every now and then. Fresh Prince of Bel Air is one of the greatest shows of all time imo. 

3 minutes ago, Pringles said:

I still watch them every now and then. Fresh Prince of Bel Air is one of the greatest shows of all time imo. 

I think the only late 1980s to mid-1990s shows that I've rewatched as an adult are Married with Children and Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Also, Frasier. I think that might have been a 90s show.

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I think the only late 1980s to mid-1990s shows that I've rewatched as an adult are Married with Children and Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Also, Frasier. I think that might have been a 90s show.

Interesting. Of those you've mentioned I've only seen both Star Treks. Never seen Frasier and Married with Children.

1. King of the Hill

2. 30 Rock

3. Trailer Park Boys

4. The Office (US)

5. Community

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Are You Being Served

Keeping Up Appearances

The Flintstones (the later seasons)

Cheers

*looks both ways guiltily, but no one had any idea whatsoever about the shocking revelations of the titular main actor and producer at the time*

The Cosby Show

The Cosby Show is phenomenal (and, yes, ruined). 

There was a brief period after my wife and I married and before Bill Cosby's criminal actions were revealed, where I discovered my wife had never seen the show before and I got to introduce her to it.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

As my mother once said, when the show was current, "Family Matters would be dead without Urkel." Unfortunately, Steve Urkel, as a character, was someone most people either loved or hated, and could make or break one's entire tolerance for the show.

Urkel is a beast and I'll defend that chad until the day I die. 😛 

Steve Urkle GIFs | Tenor

The Golden Girls (My favorite tv show of all time)

Parks and Rec

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Modern Family

Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

Thats probably my list for comedies (I don’t watch much television but I consider staying culturally well-versed a vital piece of my well-being) but I do have two honorable mentions for great dramas with streaks of fantastic comedy in them.

The West Wing (my second favorite tv show of all time)

Only Murders in the Buildings (the best new show in recent years)

10 minutes ago, Dobs said:

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Funny you say that, as I've recently been watching that or so whenever it comes on from time to time on TV. It's alright. Pretty good, not my cup of tea though all the time I'm afraid. 

Edited by Pringles