The Political Lounge

AMPU: The Big Red Button (1960 Playtest)

Cal

1 minute ago, Rezi said:

Perhaps a cap at +2 or +3 in earlier eras, but that goes down to +1 by the modern day.

Good point! Maybe before Lincoln? (Since Lincoln was the first one to actually campaign) @MrPotatoTed

3 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Good point! Maybe before Lincoln? (Since Lincoln was the first one to actually campaign) @MrPotatoTed

I'll defer to Vcczar.  He knows the history better than I do.

I'm going to take a recap of these thoughts and what's happening on discord right now, and put it over in the "to do" thread so Vcczar and Cal can quickly get caught up on what the consensus seems to be so far.

• Like 1

Have a moment before we go to play pool:  I will say this:  Technically everything is "balanced against the other party" in the way that both teams are playing by the same rules.  I still think there'd be variation because of the differences in factions between the parties, which I'm sure will be different like 99% of the time (I mean, if the parties are, somehow, identical, then bravo to someone really, but we shouldn't really think about it).

I could concede that perhaps it could change by era.  I think Lincoln is too early.  The McGovern Commission could be an easy "switch" if we want to keep things consolidated, but it's not perfect, and the "most historical" point in time might actually be sometime between the 1920s and 1940s, but Vcczar probably knows the best date.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Have a moment before we go to play pool:  I will say this:  Technically everything is "balanced against the other party" in the way that both teams are playing by the same rules.  I still think there'd be variation because of the differences in factions between the parties, which I'm sure will be different like 99% of the time (I mean, if the parties are, somehow, identical, then bravo to someone really, but we shouldn't really think about it).

I could concede that perhaps it could change by era.  I think Lincoln is too early.  The McGovern Commission could be an easy "switch" if we want to keep things consolidated, but it's not perfect, and the "most historical" point in time might actually be sometime between the 1920s and 1940s, but Vcczar probably knows the best date.

Also I know a lot of people's argument was "the platform was not this strong *compared* to the debate".  So how about this?:  At whatever historical point in time, we flip flop how strong platform/debate is, maybe from one being +4 and the other +2, to being +2 and +4, etc (you know what I mean).  I think that may be what everyone actually wanted.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Do the majority of people want to play it because of it being historical though? My argument actually is the majority of people want ahistorical things to happen.

I'd say a balance of both would be good.

3 minutes ago, Timur said:

I'd say a balance of both would be good.

I just think there are so many options for ahistorical play that more having historical is better- With different game changing things that are realistic throughout history. There will be settings that can make it more ahistorical that the player can choose. There wouldn't have been so many hours spent on balancing and realism to have Trump win California for example. However I could see prior to televised debates happening, Or before the TV being invented, Platforms mattering more. I think for probably 1860 onward it should be +1, But prior +2,+3

Edited by themiddlepolitical
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

GALLUP REPORTS, 1960 Gubernatorial elections (yes Cal says I could)
AR: Incumbent Orval Faubus defeats Francis Cherry in the primary, and goes on to defeat Winthrop Rockefeller in the general 51-48.
AZ: Incumbent Paul Fanin survives challenge from Nick Udall, and goes on to defeat Bill Schultz 53-46, who defeated Ernest McFarland and David Garvey in the primary.
DE: David Buckson defeats Douglass Buck and Russell Petersen in the primary, and defeats Elbert Carvell 53-47, who won the primary against Lex du Pont Bayard.
FL:
Millard Lardswell defeats Elliot Roosevelt, Lawton Chiles, and Reubin Askew. He was unopposed in the general. 
IL: Richard J Daley defeats Otto Kenner Jr and Adlai E Stevenson II, who loses to Incumbent William Stratton 47-52, who was unsuccessfully challenged by Richard B Ogilvie

IN: Incumbent Harold Handley was unsuccessfully challenged by  George Crag, who defeats Matthew E Welsh 52-47 in the general, defeating Frank O'Bannon in the primary.
IA: Robert Ray defeats Roger Jepsen and Norman Erbe in the primary, and goes on to defeat Incumbent Herschell C Loveless 52-47.
KS: Payne Ratner defeats Edward F. Arn and Kieth Sebelius in the primary, going on to defeat Incumbent George Docking 53-47, who was unsuccessfully challenged by Vern Miller and Harry Hines Woodring.
ME: The 1960 special election was won by James Erwin, fending off a primary by Horace Hildreth, and defeating Rep. Ted Frank M. Coffin 51-49, who defeated Kenneth W Curtis in the primary.
MA: Incumbent Foster Furcolo defeated Frank Bellotti in the primary, defeating John Volpe 51-49, who defeated Francis Sargent in the primary.
MI: Incumbent Senator Philip Hart defeated Sander Levin in the primary, losing to Harry Kelly 48-51.

MN: Oscar Knutson defeats Harold LeVander, and defeats Incumbent Orvile Freeman 51-49, who was unsuccessfully challenged by Donald Frasier.
MS: Unopposed in the general, Incumbent Ross Barnett defeats William Winter.
MO: Unopposed in the general, the primary contest came down to Warren Hearnes defeating Phil Donnely, Maxwell Taylor, and Harriet Woods in the Democratic primary.
MT: Ted Swinden, who defeated Forsest H Anderson in the primary, loses to incumbent Hugo Aronson 49-51.
NE: Val Peterson defeats Edward Zorinsky, Robert Crosby, and Norbert Tieman in the primary, going on to defeat Robert B Morrison in the general 51-49, who defeated Robert Leroy Cocharn.
NH: Hugh Gregg defeats incumbent Wesley Powell and defeats John W King 50.1-49.9, who defeated Thomas McIntyre in the primary.
NM: John M Campbell defeats Bruce King, and goes on to defeat Edward L Mechem 51-48.
NC: Unopposed in the general, Rep. Walter B. Jones Sr. defeating Terry Sandford and Dan K Moore in the Democratic primary.
ND: Incumbent John E Davis defeats Arthur Link 52-48.
RI: John A Notte Jr. defeats Dennis Roberts and Bruce Sandlun, going on to defeat Incumbent Christopher del Sesto 51-48.
SD: Leslie Jensen defeats Frank Farrar, Archie M Gubbrud, and James Abdnor in the primary, going on to defeat Incumbent Ralph Herseth 52-47.
TX: Coke Stevenson defeats failed presidential candidate John Connally and Dolph Briscoe in the primary, and defeats Bill Clements 51-49 in the general.
UT: Incumbent George Dewey Clyde defeats Bracken Lee in the primary, going on to defeat Scott M Matheson in the general 52-48, who defeated Senator Frank Moss and Herbert Maw in the primary.
VT: Incumbent Robert Stafford defeats Consuelo Bailey and Lee Emerson in the primary, and goes on to defeat Philip Hoff 54-45 in the general.
WV: John Marshal Sprouse defeats Okey Patteson, Clarence Meadows, and Wally Barron in the primary, going on to defeat Arch Moore 51-49, who defeated Carl Bachmann in the primary.
WI: Philip La Follette defeats Walter Kohler Jr and Warren P Knowles in the primary, going on to Patrick Lucey 52-48, who defeated Frank Zeidler in the primary.
@Lars @Willthescout7 @ShortKing @pman @Mark_W @bradleyg223 @Ich_bin_Tyler @Vols21 @OrangeP47 spacer.png

@vcczar May I recommend a kinda auto generated election night like this? With simple wordage like what is used here? It can be in newspaper form. (A map with results then another result "newspaper style" with words like this) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

GALLUP REPORTS, 1960 Gubernatorial elections (yes Cal says I could)
AR: Incumbent Orval Faubus defeats Francis Cherry in the primary, and goes on to defeat Winthrop Rockefeller in the general 51-48.
AZ: Incumbent Paul Fanin survives challenge from Nick Udall, and goes on to defeat Bill Schultz 53-46, who defeated Ernest McFarland and David Garvey in the primary.
DE: David Buckson defeats Douglass Buck and Russell Petersen in the primary, and defeats Elbert Carvell 53-47, who won the primary against Lex du Pont Bayard.
FL:
Millard Lardswell defeats Elliot Roosevelt, Lawton Chiles, and Reubin Askew. He was unopposed in the general. 
IL: Richard J Daley defeats Otto Kenner Jr and Adlai E Stevenson II, who loses to Incumbent William Stratton 47-52, who was unsuccessfully challenged by Richard B Ogilvie

IN: Incumbent Harold Handley was unsuccessfully challenged by  George Crag, who defeats Matthew E Welsh 52-47 in the general, defeating Frank O'Bannon in the primary.
IA: Robert Ray defeats Roger Jepsen and Norman Erbe in the primary, and goes on to defeat Incumbent Herschell C Loveless 52-47.
KS: Payne Ratner defeats Edward F. Arn and Kieth Sebelius in the primary, going on to defeat Incumbent George Docking 53-47, who was unsuccessfully challenged by Vern Miller and Harry Hines Woodring.
ME: The 1960 special election was won by James Erwin, fending off a primary by Horace Hildreth, and defeating Rep. Ted Frank M. Coffin 51-49, who defeated Kenneth W Curtis in the primary.
MA: Incumbent Foster Furcolo defeated Frank Bellotti in the primary, defeating John Volpe 51-49, who defeated Francis Sargent in the primary.
MI: Incumbent Senator Philip Hart defeated Sander Levin in the primary, losing to Harry Kelly 48-51.

MN: Oscar Knutson defeats Harold LeVander, and defeats Incumbent Orvile Freeman 51-49, who was unsuccessfully challenged by Donald Frasier.
MS: Unopposed in the general, Incumbent Ross Barnett defeats William Winter.
MO: Unopposed in the general, the primary contest came down to Warren Hearnes defeating Phil Donnely, Maxwell Taylor, and Harriet Woods in the Democratic primary.
MT: Ted Swinden, who defeated Forsest H Anderson in the primary, loses to incumbent Hugo Aronson 49-51.
NE: Val Peterson defeats Edward Zorinsky, Robert Crosby, and Norbert Tieman in the primary, going on to defeat Robert B Morrison in the general 51-49, who defeated Robert Leroy Cocharn.
NH: Hugh Gregg defeats incumbent Wesley Powell and defeats John W King 50.1-49.9, who defeated Thomas McIntyre in the primary.
NM: John M Campbell defeats Bruce King, and goes on to defeat Edward L Mechem 51-48.
NC: Unopposed in the general, Rep. Walter B. Jones Sr. defeating Terry Sandford and Dan K Moore in the Democratic primary.
ND: Incumbent John E Davis defeats Arthur Link 52-48.
RI: John A Notte Jr. defeats Dennis Roberts and Bruce Sandlun, going on to defeat Incumbent Christopher del Sesto 51-48.
SD: Leslie Jensen defeats Frank Farrar, Archie M Gubbrud, and James Abdnor in the primary, going on to defeat Incumbent Ralph Herseth 52-47.
TX: Coke Stevenson defeats failed presidential candidate John Connally and Dolph Briscoe in the primary, and defeats Bill Clements 51-49 in the general.
UT: Incumbent George Dewey Clyde defeats Bracken Lee in the primary, going on to defeat Scott M Matheson in the general 52-48, who defeated Senator Frank Moss and Herbert Maw in the primary.
VT: Incumbent Robert Stafford defeats Consuelo Bailey and Lee Emerson in the primary, and goes on to defeat Philip Hoff 54-45 in the general.
WV: John Marshal Sprouse defeats Okey Patteson, Clarence Meadows, and Wally Barron in the primary, going on to defeat Arch Moore 51-49, who defeated Carl Bachmann in the primary.
WI: Philip La Follette defeats Walter Kohler Jr and Warren P Knowles in the primary, going on to Patrick Lucey 52-48, who defeated Frank Zeidler in the primary.
@Lars @Willthescout7 @ShortKing @pman @Mark_W @bradleyg223 @Ich_bin_Tyler @Vols21 @OrangeP47 spacer.png

Damn Daley as gov would have been wild. 

GALLUP REPORTS, 1960 Senate election primaries (so I can ping ya'll easier)

AL: BradleyG Howell Hefflin defeats ShortKing incumbent John Sparkman (D).
AK: Lars Waino Hendrickson defeats Vols Howard Pollock (R). Pman incumbent Bob Bartlett is unopposed (D).
AR: BradleyG incumbent John L. McClellan defeats Ted John E Miller (D).
CO: Tyler incumben Gordon Allot defeats Pman Peter Dominick (R). Ted Wayne Alpinall is unopposed (D)
DE: OrangeP Term-limited Gov. J Caleb Boggs defeats Lars Herbert Warburton (R). Short King incumbent Allen J Frear defeats Ted Harris McDowell (D).
GA: BradleyG incumbent Richard Russell Jr. defeats Mark Clennon King Jr (D). Willthescout Bo Callaway (R) is unopposed.
IA: Tyler Incumbent Thomas Martin defeats Vols Rep. Ben F. Jensen (R). Short King Neal Smith is unopposed (D).
ID: Vols incumbent Henry Dworshak is unopposed (R).  Ted John V. Evans defeats Short King Compton White Jr.
IL: Vols Ed Dewernski defeats Tyler Robert H Michel (R). Pman Incumbent Paul Douglas is unopposed (D). (Mark's pick was disqualified for same ideology primarying incumbent)
KS: Willthescout Incumbent Andrew Schoepel defeats Lars Louie Nunn (R). Ted William Roy is unopposed (D).
KY: Lars Incumbent John Sherman Cooper is unopposed (R). Short King John Bayne defeats BradleyG Wendell Ford, Mark Earle C. Clements, and Ted Henry S. Breckenridge (D).
LA: Willthescout Dave Treen is unopposed (R). Mark Incumbent Gov Earl Long defeats Short King Incumbent Allen Ellender (D). (BradleyG's pick was disqualified for primarying same ideology incumbent).
MA: Lars Leverett Saltonstall was unopposed (R). Short King Benjamin Smith defeats Mark Endicot Peabody, who was given 2 electoral votes in 1960. (D).
ME: Tyler Margaret Chase Smith is unopposed (R).
MI: Tyler Alvin Bentley defeats Lars William Milliken (R). Pman Incumbent Patrick V McNamara is unopposed (D). (Ted John Conyers and Mark Cora Brown were disqualified).
MN: Willthescout Joseph H Ball defeats OrangeP Harold Stassen 😢 (R). Pman incumbent Hubert Humphrey who ran in the 1960 presidential election is unopposed (D). (Ted Donald Frasier and Mark Walter Mondale are disqualified)
MS: BradleyG Incumbent James  Eastland is unopposed (D).
MT: Tyler Donald Nutter defeats Vols 
Orvin Fjare (R). Ted Incumbent James Murray is unopposed (D).
NC: Willthescout James Boryhill (R) faces BradleyG incumbent Everett Jordan (D).

NE: Vols Incumbent Carl Curtis (R) faces BradleyG James Exon (D).
NH: Vols Incumbent Styles Bridges (R) faces Short King Hugh Gallen (D).
NJ: OrangeP Incumbent Clifford Case (R) faces Ted Paul Volcker (D).
NM: Tyler David Cargo (R) faces Ted Incumbent Clinton Anderson (D).
OK: Lars Dewey Bartlett is unopposed (R). BradleyG Incumbent Robert S Kerr defeats Short King Raymond D. Gary (D).
OR: OrangeP Tom McCall defeats Tyler Victor Atiyeh and Vols Slade Gorton (R). Pman incumbent Richard Neuberger is unopposed (D).
RI: Lars Norman Chase defeats OrangeP Lincoln Chaffee (R). Mark Incumbent Theodore Green is unopposed (D).
SC: Lars James Edwards is unopposed (R). BradleyG Incumbent Strom Thurmond defeats Ted Nick Theodore (D).
SD: OrangeP Incumbent Karl Mundt defeats Lars George Mickelson and Vols Joe Foss (R). Ted James Abourezk is unopposed (D).
TN: Willthescout Caroll Reece is unopposed (R). Mark Incumbent Estes Kefauver defeats BradleyG Prentice Cooper (D). 
TX: Willthescout John Tower defeats Tyler incumbent Secretary of the Treasury Robert B. Anderson (R). Short King Lyndon B. Johnson is unopposed (D).
VA: Vols William L Scott (R) faces BradleyG Incumbent Absalom Willis Robertson (D).
WV: Tyler Incumbent Gov Cecil H Underwood (R) faces Pman Jennings Randolph (D).
WY: OrangeP Alan K Simpson defeats Lars Clifford Hansen and Vols Vincent Carter (R). Pman Incumbent Joseph O'Mahoney is unopposed (D).

• Like 1

GALLUP REPORTS, 1960 Senate elections

AL: Jeremiah Denton (R) defeats Howell Hefflin (D) 53-47.
AK: Waino Hendrickson (R) defeats Incumbent Bob Bartlett (D) 50-49.
AR: John L McClellan (D) is unopposed for re-election.
CO: Incumbent Gordon Allot (R) wins re-election over Wayne N Aspinall (D) 52-48.
DE: Gov J Caleb Boggs (R) defeats incumbent Allen Frear (D) 52-48.
GA: Bo Calloway fails to unseat Incumbent Richard Russell Jr. (D) 42-57.
IA: Incumbent Thomas E Martin (R) defeats Neal Smith (D) 60-40.
ID: Incumbent Henry Dwarshak (R) defeats John V Evans (D) 56-43.
IL: Ed Dewinsky (R) loses narrowly to incumbent Paul Douglass (D) 50.1-49.9.
KS: Incumbent Andrew Schoepel (R) wins re-election against William Roy (D) 58-42.
KY: Incumbent John Sherman Cooper (R) wins re-election over John Bayne (D) 51-48.
LA: Dave Treen (R) defeats Gov Earl Long (D) 50-49.
MA: Incumbent Leverett Saltonstall (R) defeats Benjamin Smith (D) 52-48.
ME: Incumbent Margaret Chase Smith (R) is re-elected unopposed.
MI: Alvin Bently (R) defeats incumbent Patrick V. McNamara (D) 51-48.
MT: Donald Nutter (R) defeats incumbent James Murray (D) 50-49.
NC: James Broyhill (R) defeats incumbent Everett Jordan (R) 51-48.
NE: Incumbent Carl Curtis (R) defeats James Exon (D) 56-44.
NH: Incumbent Styles Bridges (R) defeats Hugh Gallen (D) 58-42.
NJ: Incumbent Clifford Case (R) narrowly wins re-election against Frank Lautenberg (D) 50.1-49.9.
NM: David Cargo (R) loses against incumbent Clinton Anderson (D) 43-57.
OK: Dewey Bartlett (R) loses to incumbent Robert S Kerr (D) 43-57.
OR: Tom McCall (R) defeats incumbent Richard Neuberger (D) 52-48.
RI: Norman Case (R) loses to incumbent Theodore Green (D) 43-56.
SC: James Edwards (R) loses to incumbent Strom Thurmond (D) 43-56.
SD: Incumbent Karl Mundt (R) wins re-election against James Abourezk (D) 55-45.
TN: Carroll Reece (R) defeats incumbent Estes Kefauver (D) 49-50.
TX: John Tower fails to unseat incumbent Lyndon Johnson 43-56.
VA: Absalom Willis Robertson is re-elected unopposed (D).
WV: Gov. Cecil H Underwood narrowly unseats incumbent Jennings Randolph (D) 50-49.
WY: Alan Simpson (D) unseats incumbent Joseph O'Mahoney (D) 52-47.
spacer.png

Edited by Arkansas Progressive
Forgot KY
  • Like 1

0 Legis replacements
CA-1 @Willthescout7 Meese replaced with Knowland
CA-1 @bradleyg223 Reagan replaced with Yorty
MO-2 @Mark_W Smith replaced with Bolling
NJ-2 @MrPotatoTed Volcking removed (no one else elligible)
WV-2 also Ted Barron removed, also no one else is elligible

Incumbents that lost re-election in the primaries

Brooks Hays
Wilbur Mills
Chet Holifield
Albert Morano
Dan Rostenkowski
Wint Smith
Carl D Perkins
Otto Passman
Edward Garmatz
Thomas B Curtis
Thomas G Abernethy
Chester E Merrow
Leonard Farbstein
Charles Goodell
Emanuel Celler
William E Hess
Carl Albert, Majority Whip
Tom Steed
Francis E Walter
L Mendel Rivers
Ellis Yarnal Berry
J Carlton Loser
Sam Rayburn, Speaker
Melvin Laird

I would love the data people to explain the liberal blood bath in 1960. Because, based off of these results, we're supposed to believe that the GOP, with an outgoing conversative President and VP, with an incoming conservative President and with a VERY conservative platform somehow won all these liberal seats over the party of the New Deal? That seems deeply unrealistic to me. But I am sure the data people will explain why it makes sense, lol.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

BTW Pman I just did a brief check of the news and saw this headline you might enjoy.

"Boris Johnson says people should work in-person again because when he works from home he gets distracted by cheese."

Oh Boris, lol... Thanks for that, needed a laugh after getting completely crushed and seeing my ideological partner on the Democratic Party @Mark_Walso get destroyed

33 minutes ago, pman said:

I would love the data people to explain the liberal blood bath in 1960. Because, based off of these results, we're supposed to believe that the GOP, with an outgoing conversative President and VP, with an incoming conservative President and with a VERY conservative platform somehow won all these liberal seats over the party of the New Deal? That seems deeply unrealistic to me. But I am sure the data people will explain why it makes sense, lol.

In addition to some of the potentially necessary election tweaks that we've been talking about ad nauseum, the other thing that impacted this election in an unusual way that wouldn't be typical in game is the fact that there was no penalty to the Red Team for controlling the Presidency for 8 years.  There's a "party fatigue" feature that kicks in after one person has been party leader for six years (and gets stronger the longer they're in office) -- an intentional choice to help make sure the party would trade Presidencies every 8 years give or take as they typically do in real life.

But by starting the game in the midst of the 1960 election, that penalty wasn't incorporated because it would have kicked in around 1958.  We didn't play 1958, so it's not there.  (We probably should have incorporated it anyway, but didn't think of it in the moment).  Red Team might have won despite it, but not by as wide a margin electorally.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pman said:

Eisenhower is technically a moderate in game, so maybe we can say thematically enough swing voters liked what the GOP were selling still. 

But I can spend some time looking into but it won’t be this weekend. 

GALLUP REPORTS, House Elections (the list)

AK-1: Pman Incumbent Ralph Rivers defeats Vols Jay Hammond 51-48.
AL-1: BradleyG Incumbent Frank Boykin defeats Vols Winton Blout 52-48
AL-2: Short King Incumbent George M Grant narrowly defeats Willthescout William Louis Dickenson 50.1-49.9
AR-1: BradleyG Ezekiel Gatherings was unopposed for election.
AR-2: BradleyG Homer Martin Adkins defeats Vols John Paul Hammerschmidt 51-48.
AZ-1: OrangeP Don T Udal defeats Short King Stewart Udall 52-48.
AZ-2: Lars Lorna Lockwood defeats Short King Harold Patten 52-48. GAIN
CA-1: Willthescout William Knowland defeats BradleyG Sam Yorty 50-49. GAIN
CA-2: Lars George Murphy defeats Ted incumbent Cecil King 51-48.
CA-3: Vols Shirley Temple defeats Pman incumbent James Roosevelt 50-49.
CO-1: OrangeP incumbent William S. Hill defeats Pman Roy Romer 53-47.
CO-2: Ted Frank Evans defeats OrangeP incumbent William Chenoweth 51-48. GAIN
CT-1: Lars incumbent Horace Seely-Brown defeats Ted William St. Onge 51-49.
CT-2: Vols Ambassador to Spain John Davis Lodge wins re-election unopposed. 
DE-1: OrangeP Harry G Haskell Jr wins re-election unopposed. 
FL-1: BradleyG incumbent Bob Sikes wins re-election against Willthescout Claude R Kirk Jr 51-49.
FL-2: BradleyG incumbent Charles Edward Bennett narrowly wins re-election against Lars Bill Young 50.1-49.9.
GA-1: BradleyG incumbent Paul Brown wins re-election unopposed.
GA-2: BradleyG incumbent Carl Vinson defeats Vols Mack Mattingly 52-47.
HI-1: OrangeP Elizabeth P Farrington defeats Pman incumbent Daniel Inouye 50-49.
IA-1: Vols incumbent Harold R Gross defeats Mark Dick Clark 53-47.
IA-2: Vols John H. Kyl defeats Mark Harold Hughes 53-47.
ID-1: Lars C A Bottolfsen defeats Pman Cecil Andrus 51-48.
ID-2: Willthescout Phil Blatt defeats Mark Glen H. Taylor 50-49.
IL-1: Vols House Minority Whip Leslie C Arends defeats Pman Adlai Stevenson III 50-49.
IL-2: OrangeP Incumbent William Dawson defeats Short King Alan Dixon 51-49
IL-3: Mark incumbent Sidney Yates defeats Taylor John B Anderson 50-49.
IN-1: Vols House Minority Leader Charles Halleck defeats Mark John Brademas 52-48.
IN-2: Lars Edgar Whitcomb defeats Short King Ray J. Madden 50.1-49.9
KS-1: OrangeP incumbent Garner Shriver defeats Pman John M Houston 52-48
KS-2: Willthescout Bob Dole was elected unopposed.
KY-1: Short King incumbent Brent Spence defeats Vols Jim Bunning 51-48.
KY-2: Short King incumbent William Natcher defeats OrangeP Tim Lee Carter 51-49.
LA-1: Short King incumbent F Edward Hebert won re-election unopposed.
LA-2: BradleyG incumbent Speedy Long wins re-election unopposed.
MA-1: Willthescout Joseph W Martin defeats Pman Tip O'Neil 50-49.
MA-2: Pman Majority Leader John W. McCormack defeats Tyler Margaret Heckler 50-49.
MA-3: Short King Philip Philbin narrowly defeats OrangeP Edith Rogers 51-48.
MD-1: Vols Lawrence Hogan defeats Short King Daniel Brewster 50-49. GAIN
MD-2: OrangeP Marjorie Holt defeats Mark incumbent George Fallon 52-48 GAIN
ME-1: Vols incumbent Robert S Hale defeats Short King John Reede 50-49.
ME-2: Willthescout Owen Brewster defeats Pman Sumner Sewell 51-49.
MI-1: Willthescout Robert Griffin defeats Ted John Swainson 52-48.
MI-2: Vols incumbent Gerald Ford defeats Pman Gov Soapy Williams 52-48.
MI-3: Lars Homer S Ferguson defeats Mark incumbent John Dingell 50-49. GAIN
MN-1 Ted incumbent John Blatnick defeats OrangeP Odin Langden 50.1-49.9
MN-2: Pman Rudy Perpich defeats Tyler incumbent Al Quie 51-49.
MO-1: Willthescout incumbent Dewey J Short defeats Pman Rep Clarence Cannon 50-49.
MO-2: BradleyG James W Symington defeats Willthescout Phyllis Schlafly 59-41.
MS-1: BradleyG John Bell Williams is elected unopposed
MS-2: BradleyG incumbent Jamie Whitten is re-elected unopposed
MT-1: Willthescout Stan Stevens defeats Pman incumbent Lee Metcalf 52-48. GAIN
MT-2: Willthescout Tim Babcock defeats BradleyG John Melcher 51-49.
NC-1: BradleyG Sam Ervin III defeats Willthescout James East 50-49.
NC-2: BradleyG incumbent Herbert C Bonner is re-elected unopposed
NC-3: BradleyG Jesse Helms is elected unopposed.
ND-1: Tyler Fred Andahal defeats Short King William L Guy 56-43
NE-1: Vols Howard Buffett wins election unopposed
NE-2: Tyler incumbent Glen Cunningham defeats Pman Harry B Coffee 59-41
NH-1: Lars incumbent Chester Morrow wins re-election unopposed.
NJ-1: Lars Peter Frelinghuysen Jr defeats Ted incumbent Peter W Rodino 51-48. GAIN
NJ-2: Tyler J Parnell Thomas wins election unopposed
NJ-3: Willthescout Nicholas F Brady wins election unopposed.
NM-1: Ted Joseph Montoya defeats Tyler Manuel Lujan Jr 59-40
NM-2: Pman incumbent Fabien Chavez Jr defeats Vols Joe Skeen 52-48.
NV-1: Short King incumbent Walter S Baring Jr defeats Willthescout Chic Hecht 51-49.
NY-1: Willthescout Hamilton Fish III defeats Mark incumbent Victor Anfuso 51-48. GAIN
NY-2: Willthescout William Miller defeats Pman Robert F Kennedy  50-49.
NY-3: Willthescout Barber Conable defeats Mark Gore Vidal 51-48.
OH-1: Vols incumbent Del Latta defeats Mark Rep. Michael Kirwan 52-47
OH-2: Willthescout John Ashbrook defeats Pman Louis Stokes 50-49 GAIN
OH-3: Vols incumbent Clarence Brown defeats Pman Howard Metzenbaum 52-47
OK-1: BradleyG Victor Wickersham is elected unopposed.
OK-2: Vols Paige Belcher defeats Mark Ed Edmondson 50-49 GAIN
OR-1: Lars incumbent A W Norbald defeats Short King Robert B Duncan 52-48
OR-2: Tyler John H Hall defeats Mark James H Weaver 54-46.
PA-1: OrangeP John C Kunkel defeats Pman Robert NC Nix Jr. 53-47
PA-2: Lars Ivor Fenton defeats Ted Thomas Morgan 51-49
PA-3: Short King incumbent William Green Jr defeats OrangeP Thomas M Foglietta 52-47
RI-1: Mark Claiborne Pell defeats Lars William Vanderbilt III 50-49
RI-2: Short King Joseph A Bevilacqua Sr is elected unopposed.
SC-1: BradleyG L Mendel Rivers is elected unopposed
SC-2: Short King Donald S Russell defeats Willthescout Arthur Ravenel Jr 50-49
SD-1: Lars John Gurney defeats Mark George McGovern 52-47
TN-1: Vols Bill Brock defeats Mark William R Anderson 52-47 GAIN
TN-2: Willthescout John Duncan defeats Ted Robert Bass 50-49
TX-1: BradleyG incumbent Wright Patman defeats Tyler George W Bush 50.1-49.9
TX-2: Short King incumbent Olin Teague defeats Willthescout Bruce Alger 51-48
TX-3: BradleyG incumbent Martin Dies Jr is unopposed for re-election.
UT-1: Tyler William Dawson defeats Mark Abe Murdock 52-48
VA-1: BradleyG Burr Harrison defeats Tyler J Kenneth Robinson 51-49
VA-2: Willthescout John Warner defeats BradleyG incumbent Howard W Smith 51-49
VT-1: Tyler Robert W Mallary defeats Ted Phillip Hoff 51-48
WA-1: Short King Brock Adams defeats Tyler incumbent Walt Horan 50.1-49.9
WA-2: Ted Tom Foley defeats OrangeP incumbent Thor Tollefson 50.1-49.9
WI-1: OrangeP Gardner Withrow defeats Pman Robert Kastenmeier 52-48.
WI-2: Tyler John Byrnes defeats Ted F Ryan Duffy 50-49.
WV-1: Ted incumbent Harley Orrin is re-elected unopposed
WV-2: Mark Ken Hechler is elected unopposed
WY-1: OrangeP Kieth Thomson is re-elected over Mark Teno Roncalio 54-46.

@Lars @Willthescout7 @ShortKing @pman @Mark_W @bradleyg223 @Ich_bin_Tyler @Vols21 @OrangeP47 

• Like 1